weekend sentence per picture #3

I snacked on watermelon while food shopping at Trader Joe’s.

watermelon

I saw these cute cake pans in Target which made me want to make a layer cake or rainbow cookies but I didn’t buy the cake pans so I won’t be making anything.

cake pans

It doesn’t take much to convince me to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

bbq ranch salad

We went looking at holiday lights late Friday night and instead of getting hot chocolate which makes more winter festive sense, we stopped for frozen yogurt.

frozen yogurt

I only had a small cup of frozen yogurt Friday night because I had already eaten dessert but Saturday night’s cup of Cold Stone made up for it no problem.

Cold Stone sundae

I have a crazy obsession with the fruit flavored Dasani waters but there are worse things to be obsessed about, don’t you think?

selfie

I am nuts about not wearing shoes in the house and usually kick them off at the front door but sometimes, especially after a long run, I have to use the bathroom so badly that I go running through the house not at all caring what happens to my floors and carpet.

Adidas Energy Boosts

I kick them off in the bathroom instead, forget that I did so and then find them hours later.

Pure Barre sticky socks are not just for Pure Barre as I seem to be wearing them as my regular socks lately too.

Pure Barre sticky socks

I got out of cooking last night because we had dinner (from Mother Kelly’s) at my parents.

Mother Kelly's eggplant and spaghetti squash

Under all of that cheese would be the best grilled eggplant over spaghetti squash and these would be the best garlic knots in the world.

garlic knots

I ended my night with a random round of jax in the middle of the foyer because I still think I am a kid (with another one of my son’s Hanukkah presents sitting behind me which I now have to figure out where to hang in his room).

playing jax

Yay for a short week ahead!

weekend sentence per picture #coldstone #frozenyogurt #weekend #motherkellys @cheesecakefactory… Click To Tweet

***************

Last time you played jax?

Best thing you ate over the weekend?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine December 21, 2015, 5:29 am

I hate shoes in the house too and try to take them off as soon as I get inside! Rob will wear his shoes after work until its time to get ready for bed. I don’t understand- I want to be comfortable and I feel like shoes are so restricting! I find his shoes all over the house once he finally decides to take them off.
    I forgot that I had purebarre sticky socks! I should probably start wearing them again, either for workouts or just around the house:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Workout Recap 12/14-12/20My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:49 pm

I can’t understand either when people leave their shoes on when they are home! I like the sticky socks in my ugg boots, not in sneakers though.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe December 21, 2015, 7:31 am

I have inside shoes and outisde shoes. My slippers don’t go outside so that I can wear them in the house and on the couch and not worry about it!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Hand Bikes and Holiday Desserts Quality ControlMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:48 pm

My slippers definitely don’t go outside either and if they do, then they are not coming back in the house! lol

• Sarah @ BucketListTummy December 21, 2015, 7:56 am

OMG that coldstone. Amazing. I’m a sucker for eggplant anything; looks delicious with spaghetti squash!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:47 pm

This eggplant over spaghetti squash is so so good, I need to make it myself at home but I know it would never taste as good.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma December 21, 2015, 8:09 am

Should’ve bought the cake pans! I have a little baking pan/dish obsession lately 🙂 best thing I ate this weekend were homemade chocolate fudge cups!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:46 pm

I should have, right? I just didn’t think I felt like making a whole layer cake and buying them only to put them away wasn’t going to happen.

• Arthi December 21, 2015, 9:50 am

I am 100% with you on the shoes in the house thing! I literally wipe my dogs paws off every time we go on a walk before letting her back in the house. It’s a little crazy …

No workout on the agenda today! I ran A LOT last week and am in need of a rest day. Might do a light yoga class or go for a swim later but that’s about it!

Best thing I ate all weekend – This delicious chicken chili that my friend brought to our mom/daughter holiday party yesterday. So delicious … Full of chickpeas … Perfect for a cold day!
    Arthi recently posted…Weekend Recap – DIY Crazy.My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl December 21, 2015, 10:07 am

Best thing I ate was sweet potato fries and a turkey Bareburger! Those cake pans are on my list now for next Hanukkah…
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts and Updates 12/14-12/21My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 21, 2015, 10:11 am

To be completely honest, I don’t think I’ve -ever- played jax. At least not seriously. Pick Up Sticks, on the other hand, was totally my jam. And I’m pretty sure that a treadmill run is in store for me today, seeing as it’s freezing and dark outside. Either that or I might just go boarding to the local hill later 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…dark chocolate almond oatmeal cookiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:45 pm

I don’t even understand. it’s not possible that you never played jax. it’s just not! we will need to play if and when you come to ny lol

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com December 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Oh my gosh that Cold Stone looks amazing! I haven’t had it in years but was so obsessed with it during college. We went to two Christmas parties over the weekend and I indulged in some buffalo chicken dip and baked brie. Then had some eggplant parm on Sunday when watching football. Yum!

• Sarah @pickyrunner December 21, 2015, 10:43 am

Okay I want to go to dinner at your parents’ house too for those garlic knots. YUM. You’re making me miss coldstone lately. It’s been such a long time since I was last there! Over a year and a half. Insanity.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Training 12/13-12/19My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:44 pm

next time you are here in new york and if you have time, we can get mother kellys! Best Italian food.

• Hayley Blake December 21, 2015, 12:03 pm

Coldstone is the BEST and I haven’t had it in a while. The best thing I ate this weekend was pesto pizza on Friday night!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:43 pm

I had gone too many months without cold stone but I am so back in my routine of it and love it!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld December 21, 2015, 12:31 pm

Meredith you are so mean, posing in front of that drink machine.

I seriously love the bond you and your son share- I have a hard time distinguishing who the kid is 😉 Just kidding! I’m actually starting a new workout set today- it’s like circuits I think and I’m excited…sort of.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…10 lessons I learnt from Blogging in 2015My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:43 pm

Hope you enjoyed your workout! I am a total kid, I think it makes things more fun this way (not sure what my son thinks lol)

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 21, 2015, 12:51 pm

I am the same way about my shoes – they need to come off as soon as I step inside the apartment, no matter how badly I need to go to the bathroom after a run! We’ve had so much rain in Seattle this month that it’s been too easy to track in mud and dirt.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers: Lake Sammamish Half Marathon Training Week 1My Profile

• Shannon December 21, 2015, 2:21 pm

I used to love playing Jax! I forgot about that game.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:42 pm

I did too until I found an old set of jax! BTW, I had seen on facebook I think last week that you tagged or mentioned me in a post but facebook wouldn’t let me see it! Every time I tried it told me error. I hate technology.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns December 21, 2015, 3:32 pm

Just got done with a swim! My legs felt awful on my run yesterday, so I decided to take the day off and go for a swim and spend time in the sauna. I feel amazing now! Those flavor machines are the best! I really like the peach sprite, but I should try the flavored water to be healthier!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…A Force-Filled WeekendMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 21, 2015, 4:41 pm

try the water next time, it’s so good! I like the lemon and the strawberry.

• Fiona December 22, 2015, 1:18 pm

Oh man, I wish Cold Stone would come to Ireland 😀 I do likewise with shoes in the house and love just being in my socks, wearing shoes only when I REALLY have to. Best thing I ate this weekend was actually something I drank – a Starbucks gingerbread latte and it was unbelievably perfect.
    Fiona recently posted…My Christmas MoviesMy Profile