WIAW – Chinese Take Out, Snacks & More

You would assume that writing a daily blog would help me to be more aware of what day of the week it is but actually, it’s even more confusing this way!

Between thinking ahead about post topics and when to publish them, photographing food from one day to share a different day and then  sitting down to write a post about something that happened three days ago — I am one confused girl.

Today is Wednesday, December 16, 2015. And now I sound like a school morning announcement.

It’s also What I Ate Wednesday so to confuse me all over again, let’s NOT look at what I ate today (because nothing more than coffee has even happened yet), instead let’s take a look at what I ate on Sunday.

What I Ate Wednesday 12-16-15

Breakfast:

Along with some coffee went a blueberry filled three ingredient pancake….which I didn’t flip very well so it became a scramble in a bowl with peanut butter.

3 ingredient pancake with blueberries

I really like it as a scramble though! I will make it this way more often.

Lunch:

I am not usually home on the weekends for lunch but my son had plans around 12:30 pm and I was getting ravenous for a meal so before I left to take him to his friend’s house, I made myself a salad.

salad

Trader Joe’s Chopped 8 veggie mix (is that what it’s called? I forget now) with roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, brown rice and chick peas.

Snacks:

I don’t always include my snacks because I don’t really keep track of what I grab throughout the day. This is a pretty good snapshot though of the snacks I most often eat between meals.

snacks

Dinner:

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that Saturday night was Chinese take out night!

We picked up from my favorite place (Foo Luck for local NY readers) which was so good that I wondered why it is I don’t eat Chinese food as often as I once did. I think at some point I switched from craving Chinese food to craving sushi. I am officially back to Chinese.

chinese food

While I no longer eat boneless spare ribs since going meatless four years ago, I do still enjoy my favorite steamed vegetable dumplings, the veggie dishes and the sauces. Love garlic sauce!

We had plenty left for Sunday night’s dinner which made me really happy. Here’s a peak at some of what I ate:

leftover chinese food

I added the chick peas to dinner because I needed to use what was left in the refrigerator.

Dessert:

I had made the cold s’mores recipe earlier in the day so of course I was eating one (actually, two) for dessert.

cold smores

Oh so good. You need to make them. The marshmallows don’t freeze, they just get all chewy and combine well with the whipped topping. It’s like a chipwich!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

WIAW Chinese take out, snacks and s'mores #wiaw #smores #chinesefood #recenteats Click To Tweet

*************

Anyone else always confused about what day it is?

Favorite Chinese take out?

Do you tend to eat home on the weekends or more often are you out?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine December 16, 2015, 5:35 am

I do feel like its hard to keep track of the days, and blogging does make it more confusing! And when I start writing posts in advance I forget what information I have actually shared and what is just in draft form. Last night Rob and I couldn’t figure out something that happened last week and we were saying it would be easier to remember based on what we ate each day- like Oh yea, that happened the day we ate tacos! And then we could look and our meal plan and figure it out:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Meal Ideas That Make Great LeftoversMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld December 16, 2015, 6:57 am

Oh my, I’m totally craving Chinese take out now…and they aren’t 24/7 here lol!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy 3 Ingredient Marble Rice Crispy TreatsMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma December 16, 2015, 9:10 am

The fact that I write my posts one day in advance always throws me off. So today I’m thinking it’s Thursday, yesterday was Wed., etc! I think I’ll need to make the cold smores for my kids 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Everything I Ate Last Thursday {WIAW}My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl December 16, 2015, 10:11 am

My pancakes so often end up as scrambles with syrup and peanut butter especially if I use any recipe other than the one I’ve perfected for plain ones (read: try and add pumpkin or crazy stuff like that!)
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #36My Profile

• Sarah @ BucketListTummy December 16, 2015, 10:14 am

I actually don’t crave Chinese often, maybe because it’s so high in sodium that I don’t feel great the next day. But, I do always enjoy some orange chicken. Broken/failed pancakes happen to me more than I care to admit but plopping it in a bowl with PB on top is a pretty good solution!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 16, 2015, 10:56 am

Sometimes I really love the sodium of the Chinese or Japanese food, especially on long run days!

• Arthi December 16, 2015, 10:22 am

My favorite thing from Chinese takeout is the fortune cookie 🙂 Aside from that … I love any dish that involves mushrooms, broccoli, and bamboo shoots. Those veggies just taste so good whatever the sauce is!
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 38.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 16, 2015, 10:56 am

Agreed! The sauces make those veggies taste amazing. Love the water chestnuts and baby corns.

• Nik December 16, 2015, 12:34 pm

There is an Australian breakfast that looks like a scramble pancake. Is that by making a pancake and then break it up in a pan with the light sauce!

• Alaina @ The Simple Peach December 16, 2015, 12:55 pm

Sometimes the salt in Chinese food makes my body go crazy, but rice and veggies are staples! The sauces are always the best part though. I never know what day it is unless it’s Friday haha!
    Alaina @ The Simple Peach recently posted…Why I’m Not Running Another Marathon…My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 16, 2015, 1:13 pm

I always feel as if I’m at least one day off, since I’m always working ahead on blog posts! I have to glue myself to my planner to make sure I actually know what day it is. I fall into the trap of eating out more on weekends, especially for Saturday or Sunday lunch if we’re out running errands.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…My Running Goals for 2016My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 16, 2015, 8:34 pm

YES to blogging making life feel super confusing, especially when I’m trying to write today how I would talk tomorrow 😆 And I tend to shy away from the Chinese takeout because… uhm… it doesn’t tend to be peanut friendly 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…soft baked chocolate fudge banana oat barsMy Profile

• zooey December 16, 2015, 10:00 pm

hhhmmmm…….your scramble looks gooouuuhhhddd…..do you use fresh or frozen blueberries?

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 17, 2015, 4:43 am

You can use fresh or frozen! In this picture, it was frozen because fresh blueberries are a little harder to get in the winter months.