Thanksgiving Day Thinking Out Loud

Thinking-Out-Loud

1) I found a stash of chocolate chip cookies that I baked a few months ago in my freezer the other night. I wish I knew which recipe it was that I conjured up because gosh they were good cookies and now I have no idea how to remake them.

I must confess that I picked out all of the frozen chocolate chips from each frozen cookie too. See previous post on my food picker outer habits.

2) I saw these pretty Starbucks travel coffee mugs  and I think I want need one.

Starbucks mugs

3) I bought new dish towels at Target the other day but I have the same problem I always have with new dish towels — I want to use them but don’t want to ruin them so I don’t use them and then wonder why I bought them.

4) I also have a problem lately with breaking some sort of glass in the kitchen. Some weeks it’s a pyrex container, some weeks it’s a ceramic dish, this week it was a jar of coconut oil. Use caution when walking on my kitchen floor, just saying.

5) Here’s a good text from my son this week:

text

So like, why does he bother to lock his door when he knows that I can and will open it?

6) And no Thanksgiving Day post of mine is complete without the infamous flashback photo of my baby from his first Thanksgiving circa 2003:

benji's first thanksgiving

It’s hard to believe that we placed our baby in the pan that would transport the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes and now he is old enough to make the mashed potatoes (almost) by himself.

Thanksgiving mashed potatoes

In addition to the above mashed potatoes, I made sweet potato casserole, stuffing and corn pudding yesterday.

Thanksgiving side dishes

Today I will make the brussels sprouts with butternut squash and I think, still not sure, but I think, a chocolate chip cookie pie.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and please enjoy all of the food 🙂

Thinking Out Loud on Thanksgiving #happythanksgiving #thinkingoutloud @runwithspoons Click To Tweet

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

**************

Which dessert are you looking forward to eating today?

What’s the workout plan for this morning?

3 foods that are guaranteed to be on your Thanksgiving plate?

• Miss Polkadot November 26, 2015, 6:07 am

… and here I was thinking I was the only one with #3. In fact, I just got a bunch of new ones and am not sure when I’ll start using them to actually dry dishes. Rather than as photography props, that is.
    The picture of your son as a baby reminds me of a story told about the day my parents brought me home from hospital. It involves pizza …
    Happy Thanksgiving, Meredith! I say yes to the cookie pie, by the way 😉 .
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…When in doubt … take a survey.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:09 am

HAHA – we need to see a picture of you in the pizza box lol. Still can’t believe we put my baby in the mashed potato pan!

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl November 26, 2015, 7:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, may it be filled with food and fun!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW # 33My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 26, 2015, 8:00 am

Old enough to make mashed potatoes, can’t be bothered to open his door. Hilarious. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Thankful Blogiversary Oatmega Bar Giveaway!My Profile

• Alycia November 26, 2015, 8:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your son!

That boy’s texts crack me up!

• Ellie November 26, 2015, 9:33 am

I’m looking forward to eating pie. It’s the only time of year I will eat pie because I only like pumpkin and sweet potato pies (No fruit for me!). Your son is too funny! He has such sass =P
    Ellie recently posted…WIAW [11/25/2015]My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 26, 2015, 9:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Meri! Hope you have the most amazing day filled with tonnes of delicious food — feel free to send leftover sides/desserts my way :mrgreen: And I legit have that same problem with dish towels… especially if they’re seasonal/holiday themed. I have a bunch of Christmas ones that still have the original creases in them 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #158 .My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 26, 2015, 10:51 am

Your food looks awesome! I think I’d cry if I broke a jar of coconut oil – that’s a mess I really don’t need. Happy we’re meeting up tomorrow 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…4 Thoughts for ThanksgivingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:07 am

Thankfully the jar was just about empty but omg, I can’t stop breaking things! We need to reschedule our plans asap

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine November 26, 2015, 11:32 am

Have a great Thanksgiving! Your food looks delicious!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Week 16My Profile

• Fiona November 26, 2015, 2:41 pm

All of your side dishes look great and so helpful that you now have a kitchen helper in your son 🙂 3 items that I’d have to have on my plate would be turkey, sprouts and a roast potato. Happy thanksgiving!
    Fiona recently posted…The Little ThingsMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets November 28, 2015, 6:03 pm

Three foods on my Thanksgiving plate: potatoes, potatoes and hmmm let me think, oh yeah potatoes. 🙂