1) I found a stash of chocolate chip cookies that I baked a few months ago in my freezer the other night. I wish I knew which recipe it was that I conjured up because gosh they were good cookies and now I have no idea how to remake them.
I must confess that I picked out all of the frozen chocolate chips from each frozen cookie too. See previous post on my food picker outer habits.
2) I saw these pretty Starbucks travel coffee mugs and I think I
want need one.
3) I bought new dish towels at Target the other day but I have the same problem I always have with new dish towels — I want to use them but don’t want to ruin them so I don’t use them and then wonder why I bought them.
4) I also have a problem lately with breaking some sort of glass in the kitchen. Some weeks it’s a pyrex container, some weeks it’s a ceramic dish, this week it was a jar of coconut oil. Use caution when walking on my kitchen floor, just saying.
5) Here’s a good text from my son this week:
So like, why does he bother to lock his door when he knows that I can and will open it?
6) And no Thanksgiving Day post of mine is complete without the infamous flashback photo of my baby from his first Thanksgiving circa 2003:
It’s hard to believe that we placed our baby in the pan that would transport the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes and now he is old enough to make the mashed potatoes (almost) by himself.
In addition to the above mashed potatoes, I made sweet potato casserole, stuffing and corn pudding yesterday.
Today I will make the brussels sprouts with butternut squash and I think, still not sure, but I think, a chocolate chip cookie pie.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and please enjoy all of the food 🙂Thinking Out Loud on Thanksgiving #happythanksgiving #thinkingoutloud @runwithspoons Click To Tweet
Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!
Which dessert are you looking forward to eating today?
What’s the workout plan for this morning?
3 foods that are guaranteed to be on your Thanksgiving plate?