What I Ate Wednesday 11/25/15

I don’t know what I am more excited for – all of the food on Thanksgiving or the fact that we have a few days off after today which means no early wake ups for school or homework to yell about.

Speaking of food, let’s take a look at what I ate yesterday and hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to tell you what I finally decide to make and bake for the holiday!

What I Ate Wednesday

Breakfast:

I had a small banana with some oatmeal (and coffee) before my run and then this lovely bowl of post run blueberry pie protein oatmeal.

blueberry pie protein oatmeal

If you missed my blueberry pie protein oatmeal recipe on Monday, click here. Don’t forget to enter the Skoop giveaway featured in that post too!

I went back to working from Panera this week instead of Starbucks.

panera coffee

Have I ever told you that the Panera people know my order of a cup for coffee plus a cup for water please before I even walk in the door now? They have it waiting for me as soon as they see me.

Lunch:

This is what we call a big bowl of everything vegetarian from the Whole Foods Food Bar.

Whole Foods Food Bar

Snack:

I really like to combine my two favorite peanut butters.

apple with peanut butter

Dinner:

Tuesday night is pizza night in our house. Instead of making the planned out autumn pizza recipe, plain pizza it was per my son’s request.

pizza night

Of course I made roasted vegetables too and took the picture while they were cooking which explains the steam.

roasted vegetables

Dessert:

I needed something different for dessert so I made Amanda’s Oatmeal Cookie Dough Mug Cake. I tweaked it a bit (left out of the egg and used some Skoop in place of some of the oats and sugar). I also added extra chocolate chips.

Incredible.

cookie dough mug cake

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

What I Ate Wednesday #oatmeal @healthyskoop #wholefoods #mugcake #WIAW Click To Tweet

*********

Are you working today or do you have the day off for the long holiday weekend?

Favorite Thanksgiving side dish?

What do you like to have as an evening snack lately?

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 25, 2015, 7:11 am

Mmmm that bowl of veggies looks so good! I think I”m going to keep my sides simple this time around and do roasted root veggies with arugula and 2 dressing options. I still have no clue what to do for dessert, either. I really want to use my kitchen aid, so there is that 😀
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Suzlyfe: Two Years Later (Blogiversary)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 7:14 am

I am feeling really fudgey brownies or a chocolate chip cookie pie. Or both!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 25, 2015, 8:14 am

Stuffing is definitely my favorite side dish! It’s still fruit and chocolate before bed – I got awesome mandarins at whole foods and also awesome chocolate. I’m really looking forward to no structured activities for a couple of days!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Food Blogger ProblemsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

I saw the mandarins today at whole foods but I didn’t get them – I had taken a basket instead of a cart and didn’t want to carry them lol

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 25, 2015, 8:31 am

No days off for us up here in Canadaland 😥 And I’d probably have to go with mashed potatoes, or even roasted potatoes, as my favourite side dish…. especially if rosemary is involved.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. WIAW… this AND that, take 5 .My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 25, 2015, 8:53 am

Those roasted vegetables look so good! My favorite Thansgiving dish is mashed potatoes, especially when they’re made with roasted garlic and goat cheese.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Snowy Hike at Snow LakeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

My son is in charge of the mashed potatoes this year! Enjoy your holiday

• mylittletablespoon November 25, 2015, 9:35 am

That LUNCH though! Drooooolll!
    I’m with Amanda for not having any days off, sadly. But my favorite side dish would definitely be stuffing or something with potatoes – this hashbrown/cheese casserole steals my heart every year. Happy Thanksgiving!
    mylittletablespoon recently posted…WIAW: Busy busy butta buttaMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld November 25, 2015, 9:50 am

Oh man, you luck out with all the Whole Foods!!! Best hot bar servings ever!

I am going to vicariously eat your Thanksgiving dinner.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy 1 Minute Giant Cookie For One (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)My Profile

• Sara @ Oats & Rows November 25, 2015, 10:04 am

What a yummy day of eats! I work late tonight .. closing the gym which is 8pm. I am dreading it because it is going to be a ghost town! My favorite Thanksgiving side dish is stuffing. I can’t wait to face plant into a big plate of it tomorrow 🙂 Have a great day!
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…3 Light and Simple Appetizer Recipes featuring 34 Degrees CrispsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 4:19 pm

Maybe people will be squeezing in an extra workout tonight and it won’t be that empty? Enjoy your holiday:)

• Emily November 25, 2015, 10:30 am

Ooh, that’s neat that you tried Arman’s cookie dough mug cake. I still have a goal to to do that soon! 🙂 I can’t wait for THanksgiving this year. I think it will be the most freeing year of eating without being worried or anxious in a long time. 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Why I’m Really Excited about Holiday EatingMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner November 25, 2015, 10:31 am

Mmmmm homemade pizza is my fave! I’m requesting my dad make some before I head back to Baltimore next week. Yours looks amazing. You just can’t go wrong with plain cheese!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Annapolis Running Classic Half MarathonMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl November 25, 2015, 10:48 am

Love the double peanut butter snack… And laughing that panera knows that! I was trying to use a Starbucks gift card all summer and was so annoyed that they would give you water but make you wait for it to come out with your coffee! Since I was there just after a run it made it tough to rehydrate properly and I gave up after a few times.

• Shannon November 25, 2015, 11:29 am

My favorite side is stuffing! I could eat just stuffing for Thanksgiving and be perfectly happy.
    Shannon recently posted…Easy Scalloped PotatoesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 4:16 pm

I love stuffing too! But I can’t decide my favorite since I do love sweet potatoes too.

• Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian November 25, 2015, 1:47 pm

That veggie Whole Foods lunch looks delicious! I never have any self control when at salad bars and always get some of every veggie too!
    Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian recently posted…How to Be a Vegetarian at Disney WorldMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 25, 2015, 4:15 pm

I know, right?! I take a little bit from each section of the food bar that is vegetarian. Love their roasted vegetables.

• Fiona November 25, 2015, 2:41 pm

I can’t decide which looks yummier- you’re veggie plate from Whole Foods or your roast veg for dinner. Either way, it has gotten me right in the mood for same vegetables! Hope you enjoyed. Best of luck with the menu planning 🙂
    Fiona recently posted…Clontarf 5 Mile Winter RunMy Profile

• Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me November 25, 2015, 9:27 pm

Yay for getting to sleep in! I hope you get lots of extra rest in the upcoming days. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break, Meredith!

I love the sweet relationship you have with the people at Panera! I need to get on board with something like that at my local coffee shop!
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…Surviving the Holidays with an Eating DisorderMy Profile