What I Ate Yesterday & Dinner In The City At Landmarc

I am slightly short on words today after yesterday’s post. Not because I don’t have what to say, more because the response was so positively overwhelming that I am just sitting here unable to figure out exactly how to say thank you all for being so kind and for recognizing my strength in a situation that was not easy.

It’s funny (here come the words) because that post was not easy to write at first. It took me a few days to figure out how to get my feelings organized (thank you running for helping me do that) but once the post was complete, I felt so much better. Just another reason I love to write and run. Both activities somehow work together to keep me the happily balanced person that I am every day (coffee helps too).

Can we talk about food now? I had lots of good food yesterday after publishing my post!

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

It may be lighter in the morning lately but not light enough to get a decent picture of my early morning bowl of oatmeal.

I have taken to photographing my oatmeal right outside my front door this week to see if it makes a difference but I am pretty sure all it’s doing is making the neighbors think that the blonde girl who runs every morning in circles without saying hello is not only unfriendly, but weird now too.

oatmeal

You know how I love my Healthy Skoop, right? I received their new Plant-Based All-In-One Nutritional Shake in both the chocolate and vanilla flavors and have been busy playing around with it. Watch for a giveaway soon!

Healthy Skoop Green Smoothie

In the smoothie mix:

• Cold, cooked oatmeal
  • Frozen banana
  • 1 scoop of Skoop
  • Handful of spinach
  • Peanut butter
  • Almond milk

Changing up the coffee location this week from Panera to Starbucks. We won’t talk about the red cup debate but I think it could use a snowflake or something. My friend Meaghan said she would give me some stickers to decorate my cup if it would make me happy.

starbucks red cup

I tend to eat things on repeat so this week it’s been Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers with roasted rainbow carrots and roasted cauliflower for lunch.

Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger

Watermelon has been needed lately even though we technically aren’t in watermelon season anymore. It just quenches my thirst the best so I ate this container while in the grocery store before I even got up to the register.

watermelon

Dinner in the city last night at Landmarc because every divorcee should celebrate their former wedding day in high style.

Manhattan

Manhattan at sundown; I love my city.

Landmarc has lots of vegetarian options so I went with the farro and roasted seasonal vegetables after a salad which is unpictured.

I will now be heading to Trader Joe’s today for a package of farro because it was unbelievable and must be replicated tonight.

dinner at landmarc

I did not get great pictures but we also had a special side dish which included roasted kale sprouts with dried cranberries and toasted almonds.

dinner at landmarc

Of course we had dessert but I was way too excited to take a picture when they brought over the tray which included one of each dessert from the menu.

Here’s what I had:

landmarc dessert menu

It’s always nice when they include desserts like lemon tart or tiramisu because it leaves something on the tray for the other people with me to eat as I really don’t care for either. But I tasted those anyway while polishing off the rest 🙂

Yesterday's meals including dinner at LANDMARC #WIAW #LANDMARC #NYC #divorce #anniversary… Click To Tweet

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

*********

Are you a fan of farro? How do you like to prepare it?

Which desserts from the dessert menu would you have looked forward to eating?

What have you been eating for lunch lately?

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 18, 2015, 7:13 am

I usually try to avoid looking at dessert menus since there’s rarely anything I can eat on there so I try not to torture myself 😛 But I could totally go for an eclair right about now. And the whole red cup thing has me baffled. I’ll admit I find them a little boring, but I don’t so much see it as an attack on Christmas. Like.. what? 😯
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. WIAW… death of the snack monster? .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:16 pm

I think the red cups could use a snowflake or something. Don’t ask me, red isn’t my holiday color anyway 🙂

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 18, 2015, 7:18 am

LOVE the one of each options. I always wanted to go to Landmarc when I lived there. I heard such great things! I would have been all about the blueberry crumble. Tiramisu is too rich for me. And soggy lady fingers are gross
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Update: Dealing with Spinal InjuryMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:15 pm

The blueberry crumble was real good. Definitely put Landmarc on your list next time you are here.

• Jessie November 18, 2015, 7:45 am

YES! I am so glad I’m not the only one who has stepped outside their front door to photograph their food. I too have done that in the past. Not anymore.. but I have! 🙂
    Jessie recently posted…We’re Going to the Camel Races + WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:14 pm

Hahah, I don’t do it often but I will when I need to. Neighbors must think I am nuts.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns November 18, 2015, 8:10 am

The nutella eclair sounds divine! Yum! I’m glad you celebrated and went out for a nice meal. You deserve it 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Meal Planning for the Week [WIAW]My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 18, 2015, 8:19 am

Those roasted veggies look good, and I’ve never had farro. I love when a dish is so good that I MUST recreate it at home! I also just received that nutritional shake and I’m curious.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…What I Ate – Sweets, Old Recipes & Dinner OutMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:14 pm

Let me know if you try it. I like the vanilla better than the chocolate. And it’s definitely less sweet than the B-Strong that I typically live on.

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl November 18, 2015, 9:12 am

I haven’t been to Landmarc as of yet but now know where a good fancy place is to try! I always just head to Sarabeth’s CPS in that area 🙂
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #32My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 9:14 am

Love Sarabeths! I eat there a lot when I come in to the office since it’s next door on Park Avenue South

• mylittletablespoon November 18, 2015, 9:18 am

My neighbors most definitely think I am absolutely crazy with the amount of times they’ve seen me running outside, taking a quick pic of my bowl of oats, and running back in the house. Ah well!! And kale sprouts!? So cool!!
    mylittletablespoon recently posted…WIAW: “Not Proud”My Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld November 18, 2015, 10:16 am

That dessert menu…

That is all. 🙂
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Vegan Asian Chicken SaladMy Profile

• Shannon November 18, 2015, 10:26 am

I don’t think I’ve ever had farro! Let us know what recipes you come up with!
    Shannon recently posted…Barbecue Lentil LoafMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:12 pm

Farro is real good, they sell it at Trader Joe’s next to the rice and stuff like that. I have to play around with it but I think you can cook it and use it like any other grain. We will see!

• Emily November 18, 2015, 10:28 am

Personally, I think the red cup debate was a bit silly. And, you can still get watermelon? Was it good? I’ve never had faro, so I guess I wouldn’t be able to share an opinion on it. That nutella eclair sounds really good to me, as does the blueberry crisp. Anything that has fruit with a ‘carbish’ topping on it is always a favorite of mine.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:11 pm

The watermelon was very good, I just wish I could get more at a decent price at this time of the year!

• Lauren November 18, 2015, 10:49 am

Dessert trays are the best. Also I really want watermelon now!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:11 pm

I really need more watermelon in my house! I hate that I can’t get big ones anymore.

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement November 18, 2015, 11:09 am

I’ve been making Shakeology shakes for lunch lately. I like to make them in a “smoothie bowl” too for more of eating factor.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…Comment on Gift Ideas for Friends and Family by SheenaMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner November 18, 2015, 11:10 am

Love the dessert tray idea. I’d be all over that too so I could eat all the good ones that I liked haha I’m glad you got to celebrate your wedding day in style- looks like a swanky place 😉
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Healthy Living SurveyMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 18, 2015, 4:09 pm

I loved being able to have one of each dessert, removed the whole having to choose problem.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 18, 2015, 1:14 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who goes outside to photograph their food! In the summer I shot all my food photos outside on our porch, including the ones for my e-cookbook, and neighbors would ask me what I did for a living to be taking photos of food with a fancy camera all the time.
    Farro is so good! I used to serve it with salmon and roasted veggies all the time – yum!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…4 Tips to Stay Motivated in Your Running This WinterMy Profile

• Fiona November 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

I love that “one of each” was an option for dessert, how great is that? 🙂 The dessert menu is always the first part of the menu I look at 😉 Hope you enjoyed.
    Fiona recently posted…Mon Days OutMy Profile

• Cayanne Marcus November 18, 2015, 2:47 pm

Haha! I’m the crazy blonde on my block too with her outdoor Pilates and weirdly photographing my oats in my rose bushes!
    Cayanne Marcus recently posted…WIAW & What’s Goin OnMy Profile

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood November 18, 2015, 4:43 pm

While I don’t really car what so ever about the look of the red cups (just give me the goods!) I think that is they had the white snow/snowflake effect like the cold cups and wrappers have they would be much cuter!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Wrap It UpMy Profile

• Bharat Sharma November 19, 2015, 4:18 am

Hi,

Most of the things you’ve mentioned in this post are not available here ( except the one which you can prepare at home) or you can get almost every where, like water melon. I love watermelons but as winter is around so it will be bit difficult to find them and to be specific winter is not even the season for enjoying water melon.

Anyways, good to know that you enjoyed your meal so much.

Regards,
    Bharat
    Bharat Sharma recently posted…43 Amazing Health And Beauty Benefits of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 19, 2015, 3:47 pm

I wish I could get more watermelon this time of year at a good price but as you said, it’s not in season. Ugh!

• Arthi November 22, 2015, 9:43 pm