2 Things To Tell You

I need to let you know that I had Linda’s Fudge Cake topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream Saturday night at The Cheesecake Factory but I didn’t take a picture of it which almost makes it feel like it didn’t happen but it did happen, just like old times.

But that isn’t one of the two things I needed to tell you about on this fine Monday morning.

Thing #1:

I woke up yesterday morning and decided I felt like taking a Pure Barre class at the Pure Barre studio!

pure barre

Taking a Pure Barre class at the actual studio has been on my mind for the last little while.

I like to pop into the studio every so often and I am well beyond the every-so-often window so yesterday, after publishing my workout recap post, I logged into my Pure Barre account online, registered for the 7:45 am class and basically rolled out of bed (remembered my sticky socks!) to arrive on schedule.

Pure Barre

To take a picture inside the Pure Barre studio one must pretend that they are looking at their phone.

My current thoughts on taking a Pure Barre studio class vs. the at-home Pure Barre workouts:

The class routine still follows same pattern, just like the DVD’s and online workouts.

I felt stronger than I recall last year which means my at-home workouts are getting the Pure Barre job done.

We used resistance bands for the leg and seat exercises which was definitely challenging.

I liked having the instructor there to correct my form and make sure my heels were up high enough.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the class, it reinforced to me that the Pure Barre workouts I do at home are just as challenging and effective. I did not feel like the class offered me something different or much more than the Pure Barre workouts I do at home which made me so very happy!

Pure Barre is easily a three times a week habit and I certainly can’t get to the studio that often, not to mention, it’s quite pricey if you are going to go on a regular basis.

They are coming out with a new cardio Pure Barre class though within the next couple of months. When that first rolls out, I will certainly take a class to try it and then hope that they release a DVD or online version 🙂

Thing #2:

Since I already had my credit card in my hand to register online for Pure Barre, I went ahead and also signed up for my next half marathon!

Fred Lebow Manhattan Half

Michele and I are both running the Fred Lebow Manhattan Half so this is extra exciting. I am focusing on the fun of running together rather than how challenging those rolling hills in Central Park can be or the possibility of weather interference (it is January after all).

I like running in the cold (remind me that I said this) and it’s time I redeem myself on this course since it’s the same two Central Park loops as the Fitness Magazine Half Marathon. Remember when I had to drop out half way through my second Fitness Magazine Half? Yeah, that one still haunts me.

Time to start running a few hills so my legs don’t go into shock in Central Park, that’s for sure.

2 things to tell you #PureBarre @pure_barre #running #halfmarathon #FLMH #weekend #cake Click To Tweet

***************

When is your next race?

Best thing you ate all weekend? Definitely my Linda’s Fudge Cake sundae from Saturday night!

Have you taken/signed up for any new fitness classes lately? Which one?

Comments

1. says

I’ve actually never gone to a boutique fitness class before! I have a gym membership so I just go to their classes. I’ve always wondered if the price tag is worth it. For now it doesn’t work for me (plus in Pittsburgh options are pretty limited) but maybe one day I will try 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Weekend RandomnessMy Profile

• says

If you can get a deal, it’s worth it although even just trying one class is worth it for the experience. My gym that I used to belong to (Lifetime) had barre classes but never at a time I could take it. If you have Pure Barre near you, most of them should run the $99 unlimited for one month for new clients. That’s worth it!

• says

It was a nice change of pace for me but I was happy to realize that the workouts I am doing at home felt equally as effective. Next on my list – a spin class, it’s been at least a year!

2. says

I just can’t bring myself to do some of those types of workouts at home versus in a class. I don’t push myself as hard and I’m not as motivated. Running, I can do. But spinning, yoga, etc. I need to be in a class setting. I think it’s having the people around me or something.

As for the cake, I believe you. I was really craving some chocolate cake last night but sadly was too full from dinner to order it. I know, there’s something seriously wrong with me that I’m saying that.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…“Active” Rest DaysMy Profile

• says

I think if you find the right workout for at home, you could do it. There’s something about Pure Barre that is very doable from home – probably because it’s not cardio. I definitely couldn’t spin in my house by myself! Yeah, not sure why you had no room for cake last night!

3. Joy says

Which barre workout DVD did do you use? I’ve been wanting to try one, but unsure what a good one would be to get!?

4. AmandaM says

I am all about the destination Half in 2016 and I’m thinking of signing up for this half (I live near Boston so NY is a “destination”)! I definitely need winter motivation and I have two target races in March and April to prepare for. PLUS maybe I’d get to meet you and Michele! 🙂

5. says

I’m signed up for a half marathon in the start of March and just signed up for a summer marathon today! Both races are near home, which will be the first local races I’ve done since moving to Washington and I’m so excited to sleep in my bed before a race.
    Best thing I ate all weekend was authentic German currywurst – the first time I had it since I visited Berlin five years ago and it was just as good as I remembered!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers 11/2/2015 – 11/8/2015My Profile

• says

I saw that dish on instagram – looked good! Yay for two big races on your calendar! At first I liked a destination race but there’s something very very nice about sleeping at home the night before a race.

6. says

Love. That. Cake.

Next race isn’t until Thanksgiving! Running the 10K Turkey Trot in Detroit! I’m still on the hunt for another half marathon this year and MAYBE a winter marathon somewhere warm. Tbd.

Best thing I ate all weekend: So many things. My favorite pb chocolate cupcake from Sweet Mandy B’s … This mushroom/sausage appetizer thing at my friend’s Friendsgiving … And the hot chocolate I got after racing the Hot Chocolate 15K on Sunday!
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 33.My Profile