Did You Know?

Did you know that I rarely do take out for dinner? It’s like this — either I am cooking or we are going out to eat. No need to order in pizza or Chinese food and very rarely do I feel like picking dinner up on the way home.

Except for Friday night. Friday night somehow we took out sushi. And it was quite delicious.

sushi

Did you know that my favorite all time singer is Billy Joel? I may be a Yankees fan but if Billy is singing the National Anthem for the Mets World Series game, I am totally watching.

Billy Joel

Did you know that we went to the Islanders game during the day on Halloween against the Devils in New Jersey because somehow I felt that driving to New Jersey was an easier and better choice then going to an Islanders home game by train to Brooklyn?

Islanders game

Do you know that my son feels he is too old to trick or treat with his mother? Well guess what, I tricked him into treating with me because there was trick or treating for the kids at the Prudential Center before the Islanders game started so I got to tag along by default.

halloween

Did you know that I have a soft spot in my heart for Mrs. Field’s brownies?

Mrs.Field's brownies

Growing up, I used to go football and hockey games at both the Meadowlands and Giants Stadium where Mrs. Field’s brownies were always sold and I always got one when I was in attendance.

So now, when I go to a game in New Jersey, I MUST have one.

Mrs.Fields Brownies

Did you know that this brownie was six dollars?! I can’t even. And, it’s not even a full brownie anymore, I swear they cut them in half and charge you the price for a full one!

Did you know that I have an over abundance of ripe bananas in my kitchen? I don’t know how it happened but I had to do something with them yesterday morning before they went bad rather than freeze them all for smoothies.

I created some sort of banana bread snack cake with a layer of cinnamon apples in the middle <- so good!

apple banana bread

Did you know that Target wastes no time in changing up the holiday merchandise? I was there yesterday and the Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah paraphernalia was already on display.

Hanukah

Did you know that we have a crazy amount of Halloween candy leftover in my house yet my son asked to make chocolate chip cookies last night?

chocolate chip cookies

Why not eat the candy? Or, at least let me bake the candy into the cookies BUT NO he just wanted plain chocolate chip cookies.

I was ready to make my chocolate bar blondies or Amanda’s flourless candy bar brownies.

Actually I may need to get creative with the Halloween candy and the rest of my overripe bananas. Seriously, why am I overloaded with overripe bananas this week?!

Did you know? #weekend #halloweencandy #nyislanders #bananas #chocolatechipcookies #mrsfields Click To Tweet

*****************

What are you going to do with your leftover Halloween candy?

Which do you order in the most – pizza or Chinese food? Or do you not order in at all?

Three things you did over the weekend?

Comments

1. says

I have a kind of funny story about Billy Joel. I never listened to him growing up really, and I don’t think I could even name any songs of his. Then I met Dan, and he’s a HUGE Billy Joel fan. He would play all these songs and I would say that I loved them all, and it turned out there were all by him. I’ve been a fan and I had no idea! All of his songs sound COMPLETELY different and I still can’t believe it’s the same guy. What did you think of his national anthem? I like how he kept it traditional, but I thought it was kind of boring and disappointing..and he seemed bored the whole time. Whatever, he’s Billy Joel and can do what he wants.
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Monthly Goals : NovemberMy Profile

• says

You are right – it was very blah. I am wondering if he was slightly nervous about the fact that the news kept saying that every time Billy sings the anthem for a Mets game, they lose! They ended up winning though which broke his negative streak.

2. says

I’ll gladly take the ripe bananas off your hands! I have ONE banana in my kitchen right now, and I’m scared to eat it just in case I get hit with brilliant recipe inspiration and need one, stat. I think it’s time to hit up the store. I also need apples. And cinnamon. And basically everything 😆 Except candy — I have a lot of that.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. banana oat bread pudding .My Profile

3. says

I wish I had trick or treaters so I could have some halloween candy haha I need it. We made chocolate chip cookies this weekend too. Definitely almost finished them off too… whoops. I only get takeout from this pasta place once every few weeks- they have great baked ziti but other than that it’s always restaurants or making food at home.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Training 10/25-10/31My Profile

4. says

Not even kidding you, I had the Mrs.fields conversation with my old roommate- Overpriced and half the size! Although they do have a special place in my heart- I’m working on recreating it but I can’t get it right- An extra stick of butter is probably key.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Instagram Recipe TheftMy Profile

• says

There’s something seriously fudgy and dense about their brownies – I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s butter and shortening with extra chocolate chips in the batter. But yes, they are so small compared to what they used to sell as one brownie!

5. says

We sadly didn’t get many trick or treaters so we had lots of leftover candy. I told my husband to take it to school and share with his coworkers so that we don’t eat it all. I was tempted to make Amanda’s flourless brownies but I started the 21 day fix today and am really trying to cut the sugar.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…Weekly Workout Recap (11/2)My Profile

6. says

And here I feel like I can’t get enough bananas for now. Send some my way, although by that point, they’ll likely be too far gone.

I listen to a Billy Joel station on Pandora.

The price of that brownie is ridiculous. I once bought a bag of cotton candy at the circus. They charged $10. I almost wanted to return it.

• says

I would have returned it! Or at the very least, thrown a small fit about the price. The problem is, since I have thrown the price fit before, the workers at these events don’t really care. Maybe they are used to the complaints.