While running the other morning, my mind gravitated towards creating a list of my likes and dislikes.
It got pretty entertaining as I went along because I realized that most of what I do like is followed so closely by what I really don’t like.
Let me explain.
1. I love caffeine.
I live for my morning cups of caffeinated coffee but I DO NOT like caffeinated tea. It makes me dizzy.
2. I love to run outdoors but I don’t actually like the outdoors.
I will never set out on a hike, I don’t have a garden (and never will), I don’t do plants or dirt, I am not really sure how it is I went to camp, the thought of sitting in the grass right now is making me cringe and I refuse to ever walk outside barefoot (the sand at the beach is a brief exception).
3. I love watching professional sports, especially hockey, but I never liked to play them.
4. I can talk to you at length about the music in my running playlists but I am not a music person. I can take or leave a concert and aside from seeing Big Shot last weekend totally randomly, my last concert was Billy Joel is 1998.
5. I like carrots but the concept of carrot cake is weird to me.
As I have gotten older and less picky, I will admit that carrot cake may have an appealing flavor but it will never be my first (or second) choice.
6. I love chocolate but usually don’t like chocolate ice cream.
7. On a similar note, while I adore coffee, I refuse to ever let my spoon touch coffee ice cream.
Should my sundae accidentally contain coffee ice cream, I will request that it be remade correctly.
Trust me – I will find the coffee ice cream flavor even if it is hidden among the other 12 scoops in the Friendly’s Crowd Pleaser sundae and I will send the whole thing back to be made properly.
8. I used to hate getting the mail from my mailbox but never had issue with checking my email.
Now, everything has changed. I am learning to like my mailbox (cards! checks! discount cards! store circulars!) and want nothing to do with my inbox (bills, work, people looking for instant response).
9. I like getting up early in the morning and I am definitely a morning person but I don’t actually like talking or being polite until I have had some time to adjust to the day.
10. I like to bake and get creative with my ingredients but when it comes to cooking, I prefer easy, simple and routine.
This was a fun list to make! I want to hear your likes and dislikes 🙂 Do you agree with any of mine?
Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!LIkes & Dislikes #thinkingoutloud #coffee #icecream #email @runwithspoons Click To Tweet
Coffee or tea?
Favorite ice cream flavor? Least favorite flavor?
Are you a morning person or a night owl?