Thinking Out Loud July 9. 2015

Thinking-Out-Loud

Today is Thinking Out Loud Thursday, yesterday was What I Ate Wednesday and Tuesday, at least in my world, was something called Just Because Day.

flowers

Seriously, the sweetest.

flowers

I stopped checking my emails when I first open my eyes in the morning.

You know how you grab your phone to go through it in order to see what you have missed while asleep?

I now ignore the email box for a few hours and only take a look after I have had my first breakfast & coffee, published my blog post and gone for my run.

These phones are making us all a little too available. I really don’t want to start my “work” day when I wake up and there’s really no reason I have to. Just because modern technology gives us easy access does not mean we need to access a thing or be accessible.

Boundaries people, set your boundaries.

What’s this nonsense I am hearing in the news about the slim Oreos?

If anything, bring back the doubled stuffed Big Stuff!

Gosh, I used to love Oreos. We all have our own personal method of eating them too.

Use your imagine to picture my system –> A big stack of Oreos in a cup filled with some milk. Not too much milk, just enough to make things soggy.

Proceed to mash and eat with a spoon 🙂

I love this quote. Just love.

I finally broke down and bought a Kombucha which led to several more Kombucha purchases.

kombucha

At first I was choking it down mainly because I despise carbonation but it has absolutely grown on me in flavor and in how it makes me feel.

Michele  drinks Kombucha on the regular so I reached out to her about it to discuss which flavors I may like.

I love Hello Kitty and I love cookies.

Someone special knew that and found two of my favorites in one.

hello kitty cookies

When I received this text from my friend Lisa, I was reminded as to why she is one of my best friends.

text

Ohhh are those 7-layer bars? Looks like it, right?

I never pass up this deal when I am in Shoprite.

gumball machine

There’s actually another gumball machine to the right which gives you only one gumball for 25 cents; I am curious who is foolish enough to drop their quarter in that machine.

It’s almost Friday, I am so ready. Who else has the weekend on their mind?

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

Thinking Out Loud #justbecause #oreos #hellokitty #cookies #thinkingoutloud @runwithspoons Click To Tweet

*************

What’s your Oreo eating method?

Do you drink Kombucha? Which kind?

Do you check your emails when you first wake up?

Comments

1. says

The Just Because flowers are the best ones ever. I get little post it notes stashed around the house which I adore.

I wish I was where those cookies and bars were too. Holy Yum Balls, not to be confused with 2 for 1 gumballs. 🙂

2. says

I know what you mean regarding the tech catch 22. Like, want to know something? Find out the answer NOW. But want to escape? NOPE. I wake up and fix my coffee and then start on blog stuff, but I leave emails until I get to work. I like typing on that computer better for some reason (also, my gmail gets really weird appearance wise on my laptop screen. No reason, it just does. Same with CNN).
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Thinking Out Loud : Colonoscopy Prep Edition (Procedure Results and Updates)My Profile

3. says

Oh man I hope I didn’t spell anything wrong in that email! But yay kombucha! I had the gingerberry yesterday, purchased from Target 🙂 Also, the thought of not checking my email until mid morning is making me break out in hives!

4. says

I am so bad about checking my emails ALL the time. I don’t open them all when I first wake up, but I do check my notifications just to see if there is anything important I missed. But I hate having any unread emails on my phone so I read them pretty quickly.
    “Just because” flowers are the best:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…All The Important ThoughtsMy Profile

5. says

SO ready for the weekend! I’m crossing my fingers for beautiful weather and want nothing more than basking in the sunlight all day Saturday and Sunday to finish my book! I totally break apart the Oreo… scrape the frosting…eat the cookies…eat the frosting. So bizarre. I’m totally trying to move away from technology in the bedroom. I think it really negatively impacts my sleep cycle. I never get on social media until AFTER I run. PS your flowers were gorge…looks like you got a keeper 🙂
    Jamie recently posted…Scatterbrained – TOLTMy Profile

6. says

Michele also got me hooked on kombucha, and it definitely is a strong flavor to get used to! I like it, but it’s so expensive that I don’t have it all the time (it’s cheaper than a drink from Starbucks though…so I have to choose my battles!) I don’t have an interesting oreo method but Dan does- he takes out all of the cream from about 5 cookies or so and makes it into a big creamball, then eats that. Sometimes he’ll also eat the cookies but he’s mostly a fan of the insides. It grosses me out so much when he does it but he does it anyway!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Empty Product ReviewsMy Profile

7. says

Those cookies are so cute! Hello Kitty has got to be the best character no matter what age you are. I ALWAYS twist and lick my oreos and then I let the chocolate cookie melt in my mouth. Oh good, thinking about it now makes me want one!
    I actually drink Kombucha every week or at least I have been. I’m not sure where I will be able to get it when I get home.
    Sadly I do head right to my phone as soon as I wake up, but I am working on changing it!
    Alexa @ The Mindful Maritimer recently posted…WIAW: When Grandma comes to townMy Profile

8. says

I’ve actually been leaving my phone alone for a few hours after I wake up as well. It used to be that I’d wake up and jump straight on the computer to try and get ahead on work, but I’d be lying if I said that it wasn’t starting to burn me out. Now I take a little time in the morning just for me to do whatever I want, and I find it actually makes me more willing to work later in the day.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #138 .My Profile

9. says

I like the idea of Just Because day. You should tell Tim about it 😉
    I’m guilty of checking my email in the mornings but it just makes me anxious for the day. If I’m smart, I’ll leave my phone on wifi (my internet doesn’t work in my room) so I can’t scroll through. I checked it this morning because I was conversing with one of our UK traffickers and obviously they have very different hours than we do but it really does change your mood for the day. It’s alright though- 1 more day until vacation mode.
    And SLIM OREOS? Ummmm NO. I’m all about the double stuffed. The cream is the best part.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: One More Day!My Profile

10. says

How cute are those gumballs and hello kitty cookies!
    When it comes to kombucha, I love the ginger one- however they all seem to burn my throat a bit.
    I made it a habit to NOT open social media the second I wake up, however I have broken that promise to myself recently. Hoping I am not becoming TOO addicted ;).
    Niki @ Life With Niki recently posted…When You’re The Only One Eating My Profile

11. says

I love that quote, thank you for sharing! And I’m in total agreement on technology – especially when you’re young, it’s really tough to set boundaries when you are working when technically you are “reachable” at 2am. Who needs to be reachable then?! Unless you’re a doctor, it isn’t life and death, it can wait – if you are a doctor then many thanks to you of course 🙂
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…WIAW #18: Sweet Summer EatsMy Profile