something to tell you..

Happy Monday and most importantly, Happy First Day of Camp for my son!

I love my son more than anything in this world but the kid needs summer camp to burn off his energy, play sports, socialize with other children and yes, give me a chance to breathe and do some work.

When I decided to start this blog just about two and a half years ago, I was slightly bothered by the fact that being a blogger with a website and public social media accounts meant anyone could read what I had to say, even those people I didn’t want anywhere near my day to day thoughts and life.

While I have certainly gotten over that aspect of being a blogger, I do keep my son in mind when I write my posts.

Of course I want to be honest with you and share as much about myself as possible but at the same time, I have always remained cautious as to not overshare our life, or really, as I want to discuss today, my personal dating life.

I have shared with you my feelings about dating after divorce but what I haven’t shared with you recently is a certain someone who means a lot to me.

untitled (37)
I am so happy to mention him to you now, now that my son is aware of his existence.

Being a divorced mom is not easy. You never go into having children (at least I didn’t) thinking that you would be raising a child and looking to date again all at the same time.

Throughout the years since my divorce, I stood firm on my belief that keeping my son separate from my dating life was critical. I refused to bring random people in and out of his life yet always felt that when the right person came along, life would suddenly make sense and things would fall into place.

I finally met someone who passes the test. Someone who is kind, funny and truly genuine. Someone who likes the Islanders as much as we do. Someone who appreciates who I am as well as understands and respects my running routine, even joining me on occasion <– really big deal.

Once I noticed that he accepted my dessert obsession (like, he may even find it cute) it became clear that not only could he be a real part of my world, but my son’s world too.

Remember when I said someone enrolled me in the Dessert Of The Month club as one of my birthday gifts?

dessert-of--the-month

This month’s delivery arrived! Eight super large fudge brownies -> Rocky Road and Chocolate Mint.

dessert-of-the-month

We are already trying to guess what next month’s delivery will be! Cake? Cookies? A pie?

He is a regular blog reader which means he cares about what I have to say. I know he pays attention to my posts because last night he questioned me when I was taking another picture of my favorite meal from The Cheesecake Factory, knowing very well that I easily have 100+ photos of the same BBQ Ranch Salad topped with onion strings (the best!) in my WordPress media library.

BBQ Ranch Salad

But you wanted to see my dinner from last night, right?

There’s so much truth to all of those pinterest quotes we are always reading…

quotes

It’s kind of hard to believe until it happens but we have to trust that everything does happen for a reason even when we don’t understand the reasons.

I love my pinterest quotes board but I don’t know about adding this one…

Not a chance.

Now that I have let you in on something wonderful, it’s time for me to eat and run. Have a great Monday!

Something to tell you...#dating #divorce @cheesecakefactory Click To Tweet

*********

If you are a blogger, do you struggle to find balance between being public and keeping some things private?

Best thing you ate over the weekend?

Do you like nuts in your brownies?

Comments

1. says

Awww congratulations. What wonderful news, and so very well deserved. I’m glad you’ve found someone just right for you and your son. Also amen to summer camp. Maybe I should look into kitty daycare for my crazy ones.

• Miss Polkadot says

Admit that you could never go a day without your felines without missing them like crazy 😉 .

2. says

YYYYAAYYY! This makes my heart swell! I thought this was coming, and I am glad I was right! Thats so cool lady 🙂 So happy for you! You deserve it 🙂 Thats so cool that he understands blogging too, as most people really do not, and its annoying! Thanks for sharing your story with us, was great to learn more, and most of all see you happy 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Raspberry Brie Pita PizzaMy Profile

3. says

I’m so happy for you! I saw the status on Facebook and wondered if you would share it with the blog:) It can be tough to figure out how to share your life but not over share. I just tell myself that anyone can read my blog and think about what I am saying and would I want anyone to be able to know what that information.
    I don’t mind nuts in brownies, but I don’t need them…but dessert of the month club sounds amazing!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap 6/21-6/27 And Weekend UpdateMy Profile

• says

Thank you 🙂 Once it went to facebook, it was time to tell the blog. I just had to have my son know before it went so public. Can’t wait for my next Dessert of the Month delivery. We can’t stop wondering what it is!

4. says

That is awesome! I am so happy for you. As a new blogger I have a hard time telling people about my blog. I know I should, but I just don’t. Hopefully as time goes on it won’t be such a weird thing anymore and everyone will find out!

5. says

Oh you know I’m cheering for you! Woohoo! And yes, there’s always that balance and I’m always questioning if what I write on my blog is okay for my kids to know, especially now that Diana reads my blog and some of her friends do as well I think from time to time. Oh the pressure!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Week In Seattle RecapMy Profile

• says

Isn’t it something once our kids are reading and reading our blogs?! I like to think my son forgets from time to time to check it! I don’t like him reading every day. Thankfully, he goes through phases.

6. says

All I can say is AWESOME!!!! I am with the love of my life, soul mate, best friend for 28 1/2 years. It’s has been oh so good and oh so real. Nothing is perfect, but love, respect and friendship keeps it working. You deserve every bit of happiness.

7. says

So happy for you! Glad you have found someone who can truly make you smile. And I’m with you with the running – once my boyfriend agreed to train for a marathon with me, I was like “he’s a keeper” haha. I definitely find it hard to decide what I should keep on and off my blog. I feel that for me personally, I will never expose my relationships with those I love who do not want to be on the blog. Now I would mention major life events, but the every day personal discussions are left between me and my loved ones. Homemade pizza this weekend was the best. And as much as I love nuts, I CANNOT have nuts in baked goods. Just a texture thing : ) Very happy for you and congratulations again! Hope you have a fabulous day : )
    Jamie recently posted…It’s Almost the Weekend! #MIMMMy Profile

8. Kelsey says

Congratulations Meredith! I am so incredibly happy for you- you deserve all the best!

Best thing I ate was grilled salmon and sometimes nuts in my brownies, sometimes no nuts; it all depends on my mood!

• says

Thank you :)…I used to refuse the brownies with nuts in them and still don’t think they need any nuts but if I come across one, I will eat it. Or just pick the nuts out.

9. says

Ahhh so happy this is finally out there! I’m super happy for you and obviously we have more catching up to do but i think it shows a lot when the person you let into your life cares to read your blog and pay attention to the special details. And he obviously does given he understands your love and need for really good desserts. That’s how I felt when I finally could introduce tim to the blogworld. It’s like a huge relief because you’re finally admitting to yourself that you trust this person and are letting them into a really private, but equally important part of your life.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Black and WhiteMy Profile

10. says

Yippee!!! You went about it the right way which is tough, because going through a divorce is hell on earth and once we find happiness we want to just dive in head first like boom. I find it extreeeeeemely difficult to write posts and be real without stepping over privacy boundaries. It’s definitely a tough art to master. You’re doing a great job!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

11. says

I feel like that is the eternal blogger struggle; what to share vs what to keep private!
    Not gonna lie, best food this weekend was the DQ Jurassic Smash blizzard I had last night.
    Jen@Jpabstfitness recently posted…Pad ThaiMy Profile

12. says

You know I’m totally over the moon happy for you 🙂 And I absolutely love those quotes because they’re so, so true. I’m still waiting on my someday, but for some reason I’m not really worried about it. It’s like I know it’ll all work itself out and happen — just gotta wait till the time is right.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 6/28 .My Profile

13. says

Those brownies look to die for! I used to hate nuts in foods when I was a kid, but now I’ve become more appreciative of their added flavor and crunch! I also struggle with not wanting to tell people in real life about my blog, for fear they will judge me and I hope it is something I can combat soon!
    Niki @Life With Niki recently posted…Why You’re Required To Hate Your YourselfMy Profile

14. says

Awww, so happy for you!! I do struggle keeping a balance of private. Something big happened over vacation that I really want to talk about but it involves my sister and her family and i’m not sure she would be ok with it. But it’s made a huge impact on me, I feel the need to talk about it, so it’s hard!! And ummm, those mint brownies? Amazing!

• says

Sometimes you have to figure out a way to say it without oversaying something that may upset a family member. Maybe spin it from your perspective while protecting privacy? Not easy, I know! I have had to do that for a few posts.

Trackbacks