Birthday Weekend Highlights

Sometimes it’s easier when your birthday falls on a silly day, like a Tuesday, because when it hits on a Friday, especially in June, you enjoy yourself way too much all weekend and are just not ready for Monday to come.

So let’s see. We sort of left off that I ran ten miles Friday morning and then got back into bed with my favorite mug to work for a bit before doing some birthday things…

birthday mug

I picked my son up early from school on Friday in time for lunch at Red Mango.

Cherry on top to make things extra special.

red mango

The only way to see a movie these days is at a theatre with big reclining leather chairs.

movies

My birthday dinner was at my favorite sushi spot, Kashi.

sushi

Peanut Avocado and Spicy Tuna roll plus one of the special rolls which had lots of fun stuff inside but of course I can’t remember what exactly. I just know that I loved it.

sushi

It was a beautiful night so we walked to XO for chocolate fondue.

fondue

Chocolate makes me happy.

birthday selfie

Still gazing at my rainbow roses.

rainbow roses

I couldn’t wait to tell you about one of my most favorite birthday gifts — you are talking to the newest member of the Dessert Of The Month Club!

dessert of month

Such a great gift for someone like me, right?! I am so excited to receive my first delivery. I wonder what type of dessert it will be?!

Birthday gift cards to Lululemon meant an emergency trip to cash in on the good stuff.

lululemon

I picked up a bright pink short sleeve Run Swiftly and fresh pair of Run Inspire Cops <- my favorites.

Saturday by the pool felt more like Saturday on vacation. Seriously, it did.

pool

Sunday was another beautiful day…

pool party

My friend Lisa had a party at her house and she makes the best parties ever.

IMG_1720

You can always count on good food, good company and a candy table when Lisa is running the show.

IMG_1687

I guess we can call Sunday night dinner at Cirella’s with my parents, which featured the Cirella’s Sundae, my birthday weekend finale.

Cirella's Sundae

Warm fudge brownies and fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies surrounded by vanilla, chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream topped with hot fudge and whipped cream.

Oh and a strawberry on top to keep things healthy and balanced.

Cirella's Sundae

Do you remember my son and I shared this sundae last year on my birthday?

The sundae technically serves six but my son and I order it for ourselves and simply alert the other members of our party in advance that they are to go their own way come dessert time.

My mother, you should know, had the audacity to take the last brownie from our sundae. My son and I are still talking about it. Chutzpah, as is said in Yiddish, real chutzpah.

So now it’s Monday and it’s time to focus on the week ahead. Really? I am so not in the mood but maybe my morning run will make me feel better.

That’s the thing about routine; it helps to keep you organized and on schedule while snapping you back to reality should you start to deviate off track from too much fun.

Have a great week!

birthday/weekend recap! #birthday #sushi #Cirellas #lululemon Click To Tweet

*************

Do you have a favorite sushi roll? What is it?

What’s your lululemon must-have item?

Are you a sugar candy eater (think sour patch kids and gummies) or chocolate candy eater (m&m’s, Hershey bars…)?

Comments

1. says

I feel like I desperately need to get back to a routine today. Looks like such a perfect birthday weekend! We just got our pool passes in the mail and I am really hoping we can get there for a few hours this upcoming weekend since we are out of town so much this month!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap 5/31-6/6My Profile

2. says

You know, our lives are so similar in a lot of ways! I either did, or would have done if it was my birthday, a lot of those things last week….and I did get red mango, as you saw! By the way, HOW amazing are those new 3D seats! SO cool! Glad you had a wonderful day! Well earned 🙂

3. says

Oh wow so much to comment on! Just about the most perfect weekend ever, it looks like! Candy tables still make me happy and I don’t even eat the candy anymore. And pool parties are still the most fun! Also I haven’t eaten sushi in way too long, yours looks so good. Happy birthday again 🙂

4. says

What a perfect way to celebrate your birthday! You and I have very similar tastes, because the Run Swiftly tshirts/tanks and Run Inspire crops are my Lulu go-tos. I’m a total chocolate candy eater, but I won’t be biased and will eat sugar candy too : ) Favorite sushi roll – sweet potato tempura. So good. I’m glad you had a fantastic birthday ! I hope you have a great day! : )
    Jamie recently posted…The Most Marvelous of WeekendsMy Profile

5. says

Looks like the perfect birthday weekend! My birthday weekend was probably polar opposite, but there was definitely some candy involved as well 🙂
    Lish recently posted…Life as of lateMy Profile

6. says

Looks like you had an amazing birthday weekend, and I am so glad you did! That peanut avocado roll sounds AMAZING. And all of your desserts looked great 🙂 That membership couldn’t be better suited for anyone else than you.

7. says

It all sounds like so much fun! I’m glad you had such a great birthday weekend. I’m a chocolate girl, through and through. No doubt. I think that gift of the dessert delivery is brilliant!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

8. says

Looks like a great birthday! I’m just starting to get into Lulu and I’m obsessed with everything. A few months ago I made my first trip and got 4 things, and I love their bottoms a ton! The tops aren’t as great as I expected, but I can’t stop wearing my WunderUnder crops and Speed shorts. They’re great!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…MIMM – Short Weekend RecapMy Profile

• says

thank you :)…hmm, I wonder which Lulu tops you tried? I happen to love the ones I wear. Have you tried the run swiftlys? I also really like the Power Y yoga top (I think that’s what it’s called). All of them wash so well and are so well made that they last for years. Some cuts aren’t for me but once you find the one for you, they are amazing.

9. says

Sounds like a perfect birthday weekend. My birthday is this month and over the weekend too, so I know I will be feeling it Monday. Also, I have never been to a movie theater with leather reclining chairs!!! What. I want that near my house.

10. says

So many great birthday festivities! I want to go to a movie theater like that. Heaven, I swear. I wish we had places like that here where you can recline. And that dessert. Oh my word. I want that sundae all to myself. I think I could finish it if I really put my mind to it- emailing you back soon!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Leading by ExampleMy Profile

• says

You could totally finish it! Once the ice cream starts to melt, I don’t think it would be a problem….All movie theaters should convert to this style of comfy seating. Makes for a whole different experience.

11. says

That seriously sounds like such a fun birthday — glad you had such an awesome weekend 🙂 And you’re super lucky that your birthday falls in June. In January, no one wants to do stuff… Not only because it’s cold, but because everyone is still getting over the post-Christmas slump. Le boo.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 6/7 .My Profile

12. says

With a birthday weekend this good, I wouldn’t want to come back to a Monday either.

The dessert of the month club is a fantastic gift for you. Also, I want to go swimming and eat candy after seeing these pictures.:)

Trackbacks