It’s birthday week in my little world which means I want to celebrate with you!
I am sure that by now you have realized that I am absolutely obsessed with Skoop B-STRONG plant-based protein powder so you can just imagine my excitement when my friends at Healthy Skoop were kind enough to allow me to run this birthday giveaway!
One reader will receive a big bag of Skoop B-STRONG Viva-Nilla (plus Skoop BlenderBottle!) which recently became the perfect addition to my new oatmeal raisin chocolate chip protein cookie recipe.
I decided to rework my famous oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie recipe to see if Skoop B-STRONG could be used in place of the flour.
I didn’t realize I would be creating, on the first try mind you, one of the best cookie recipes ever which, by the way, we can consider a healthy cookie.
I still can’t get over how terrific they came out on the first try. I have made them a few times since the original batch, tweaking absolutely nothing because they are simply perfect.
Made with old-fashioned rolled oats, coconut oil and a real small amount of coconut sugar, the chewy texture you expect from an oatmeal raisin cookie is present within one bite.
That cinnamony-raisin flavor is taken to another level when combined with the little bits of chocolate and the addition of vanilla from Skoop.
These cookies are gluten-free if you use gluten-free rolled oats and dairy-free if you use nondairy chocolate.
I love them and can’t wait for you to love them too!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 scoop Skoop B-Strong Viva-Nilla
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix coconut oil and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Mix in oats, Skoop, cinnamon and baking soda, mixing until well combined.
- Add in raisins and chocolate chips, mixing only until evenly distributed.
- Form balls with the dough and arrange on greased cookie sheet (or use Reynold's liners), pressing the centers of dough down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container. Cookies may be refrigerated or frozen.
This giveaway is open only to US residents.
I will be back tomorrow with another giveaway for you. I can’t help myself this week, birthdays, especially my own, get me excited 🙂Awesome oatmeal cookie recipe & Skoop giveaway! @healthyskoop #cookies #proteinpowder… Click To Tweet
Who else has a June birthday?
If you had to choose when you were a kid -> Oreo’s or Chips Ahoy?
Best thing you ate all weekend? A brownie sundae 🙂