Islanders Won & Other Weekend Stuff

It’s a real good thing that I type and you read rather than I talk and you listen because I have no voice left after yesterday’s Islanders game.

Islanders playoff game

It was a crazy intense, loud game (hence the no voice thing) that ended with an Islanders win (2-1) in overtime!

I didn’t even play the game and I was exhausted. Seriously. The emotional aspect of a playoff game for the fans is draining, I am telling you.

The players thrive off of the crowd’s energy so I felt it my duty to stay involved in the screaming and carrying on because yes, the lack of my involvement may affect the rest of the sounds coming from the other 16,000 fans.

rally towel

If only I could properly wave the rally towel though. Instead I use it as my security blanket, clutching and clawing it during the nail-biting moments of the game…. At least I don’t bite my nails?

Anyways, I love doing my food shopping on Fridays because it frees up time over the weekend to do other things.

food shopping

I bought lots of bananas and frozen fruit, including frozen pineapple since my son and I are both on a smoothie kick <– I still don’t know who I am or how this happened.

I didn’t buy chicken. Usually I have some sort of boneless, skinless, organic, free range, hormone-free chicken cutlet or tender in the house to cook for my son but lately he wants nothing to do with it.

He tells me it doesn’t taste right, in terms of texture. I am having a slight issue with this since I cannot taste it to confirm or determine the problem.

Which chicken are you currently buying? Which brand? Is it good?

Please help me because I just came across this recipe for crispy coconut chicken with honey orange sauce and I think he would really like it but I can’t make it until I can guarantee some good chicken!

The weather was glorious this weekend. I contemplated running by the beach Saturday morning but I am lazy and like the comfort of circling my front door instead.

running path

It was so warm and sunny that I realized it’s about that time to whip out the sunblock! I know I know, we are supposed to wear it all year but I don’t.

Click here for my sunscreen guide from last spring. It’s chock full of info on the best products for our skin.

At mile 11 of my long run on Saturday, I came across an abandoned spoon. Rather random, don’t you think?

I didn’t pick it up, as much as I love spoons, since I prefer the yogurt store kind.

spoon

I also prefer to utilize the empty TJ peanut butter jars as my bowl instead of empty Peanut Butter & Co. jars because they are easier to navigate.

oats in a jar

Saturday’s post run breakfast — delicious every single time.

I was really annoyed that the yogurt store I was at on Saturday was out of my favorite spoons which I love to take home with me.

frozen yogurt

Just to clarify why this isn’t Red Mango: Red Mango frozen yogurt is not like every other random fro yo chain; it’s healthier, made with better ingredients and I load it with fruit and Nature’s Path granola. I consider Red Mango a nice lunch for me, not just a snack or a treat.

When I want dessert, as in, want hot fudge, whipped cream and lots of chocolate crunchies, I have no problem hitting up any random self-serve frozen yogurt store which is how it went down on Saturday.

My head has been in a bit of a cluttered fog lately in case you were curious. So many things going on (all good stuff!!) but I need to get it all in order and under control so that my world is operating on the usual balanced axis.

I had some post ideas in my mind that were waiting to be developed which I thought I would work on Saturday morning after my long run but instead, I cleaned out my closet and organized my armoire.

organize closet

Sometimes clearing clutter somewhere else helps me to set my mind back on track.

Oh wait, I once did a post on Organizing Your Life To Organize Your Mind. I think I need to reread it!

I never did get to developing those posts but I am not worried —it will happen.

What’s important is that my head feels clear and ready for the week, my clothes are in better alignment and my Islanders are winning their playoff series.

Now all I need is for everyone to wish for a Penguins win this evening against the Rangers, okay?

Sometimes a Rangers loss is just as good, if not better, than an Islanders win.

Have a terrific start to your week 🙂

The Islanders Won & Other Weekend Fun #Islanders #froyo #organize Click To Tweet

*********

Best of luck to all of the Boston marathoners running today!

Please tell me which chicken you buy and where you get it?!

Did you buy anything new at the grocery store this week?

Does organizing your closet help you to organize everything else in life too?

Comments

1. says

I definitely feel like when my mind is clear my life feels more organized! Yay for the Islanders! And as for the chicken, I remember we used to buy the Perdue perfect portions and I thought the texture of that tasted weird. Now I don’t really have a go-to type of chicken but I consider cost and sometimes buy organic when it makes sense.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Running Strong And Boston ThoughtsMy Profile

2. says

I always buy organic boneless skinless chicken thighs but rarely the breasts anymore. If I buy the breasts I either do some sort of “breading” with coconut flour or I stuff them to make it more fun 🙂

My closet is too small to ever be organized I think! I just went shopping yesterday and while it’s not new I did buy an acorn squash after maybe 6 months of not buying one. So not exciting, I know 😉
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…The Weekend, Mostly in PicturesMy Profile

• says

I am excited about your acorn squash for you lol – hey, it’s something a little different! I just need to locate a good chicken so that my son doesn’t complain. Lately no matter how I bread it or prepare, he is complaining.

3. says

Poor spoon! 😆 And I was going to ask you who won the game this morning, but I figured I should probably read your post first 😛

Also… I can’t deal with clutter. It stresses me out big time, and if I have too much stuff around me, I literally can’t think. One of my favourite things to do when I’m feeling stressed and overwhelmed, actually, is clean. I figure that if my head is a mess, at least I can clean up my surroundings.

4. says

Right now my brain is feeling very cluttered – I’m sure that’s because my closets are a mess. I just feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to get it done!

Lately, I’ve been buying That’s It bars and I love them. They are my new favorite thing to snack on because I get the convenience of a granola bar, but it’s all fruit. Score!
    Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons recently posted…Weekly Running Recap and My Next RaceMy Profile

• says

I hear you on not enough hours to get the cleaning of the closets done! It’s terrible really because I know that once I start, I am on a rampage to clean everything and I just don’t have the time. Next up is my dresser and my son’s drawers.

5. says

Yes, organizing stuff at home gives me that sense of power and control. Life can be all chaotic but then I take all of my leggings and put them into a drawer and I’m like, THERE. Take THAT. And then stuff that I don’t wear or that doesn’t fit, I toss it into a bag with an air of defiance. Ahhh… what a life.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage Monday: Boston StyleMy Profile

• says

OMG these games are so crazy intense, especially the low scoring ones that end up in overtime! I don’t know how I got through them as a kid because I am a complete nut sitting there now, so nervous! lol Totally hoping your Penguins win tonight! I will be watching 🙂

6. says

I love going to games that you get so into you feel like you were in it too. Sometimes I think I get more emotionally involved in games than the actual players do.

I love that you are on a smoothie kick right now. And we think alike – I have been loving the berry & cherry blend from TJ’s lately too. You need to try Amanda’s Black Forest smoothie. I have had it everyday since Saturday. Yum!
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…Weekend Recap: Lilly Pulitzer for Target GiveawayMy Profile

7. says

I don’t eat chicken so I am not sure what is good or not, but my family buys the individually packed organic frozen breasts from Costco and seem to think they are good quality. Yay for the Islanders. I root for the Ducks, since they are my home team, but I only ever watch hockey during the Playoffs.
    Shannon recently posted…Meatball SoupMy Profile

8. says

Love, love, love grocery store haul pictures. We need to start a link up for that!! Or maybe I’m just the only one interested.

I was supposed to write out some posts this weekend too. I went for a run instead (longer than usual, so thank you very much), did yard work, took pictures, cleaned the house, ran errands, cooked, anything but write really. We must be the procrastinating Queens, or like you said, it will come when it’s ready.