Good Food Talk Friday

Today’s post is almost an extension of yesterday’s Thinking Out Loud because I have a ton of randomness to discuss with you on this Good Friday with Passover to begin at sundown.

Should we talk cookie dough or coffee first? Hmm.

It almost makes sense to start with coffee since I am currently drinking a cup but how can anyone choose coffee over cookie dough when faced with both in the same question?

cookie dough

If I am in the mood to eat cookie dough then I am going to eat cookie dough and I don’t want to be limited to a dinky little cup traditionally used for pudding that’s packed in a child’s lunch box.

I get the concept of course, really I do, but this two-bite little cup of dough would not be enjoyable for someone like me, especially since I would first be getting into my cookie dough groove after finishing the two spoonful serving.

For me this cookie dough cup is like taking just a sliver of cake, as my grandmother would say.

Why bother with  JUST A SLIVER?

So I am no scientist or anything but I am convinced that flavored coffee does not stay hot as long as a regular cup of coffee.

caramel vanilla cream coffee

I am telling you — every time I brew a flavor, such as the Caramel Vanilla Cream I am drinking now, it gets colder much quicker than a regular cup of coffee and yes, I have tried using the same mug because I do think some mugs keep beverages warmer longer.

I should really conduct some sort of coffee experiment with my son over this little spring break with the questions, hypothesis, variables (look how much I recall from science!) and have him test and graph the findings.

I can’t tell you how excited I am to have finally spotted Love Grown Foods at the Fresh Market near my house!

Hot Oats

I don’t shop at Fresh Market often, as gorgeous as it is, because their pricing plus majority of product selection just doesn’t match my needs but they have the Hot Oats which my son loves so I will have to become a regular.

I bought coconut this week to make my own macaroons for Passover.

BUT I couldn’t resist my favorite chocolate covered chocolate chip macaroons from the Shop Rite Passover candy counter so I bought a pound.

I guess I can make my own anyway but gosh the macaroons from Shop Rite are just so good that I don’t know that I will bother.

chocolate covered macaroons

Try freezing your chocolate covered macaroons. Trust me, I know these things.

I also bought this Edy’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie frozen yogurt the other day at my son’s request and after giving him a bowl, I went through and picked out just about every chunk of brownie available in the container.

Edy's Slow Churned Chocolate Fudge Brownie Yogurt

I would say I am sorry but I am not since it’s something I have always liked to do and it’s my house so I can do what I want.

Ha, I love being the adult because I can say things like this is my house and I bought the food therefore I can and will take any chunks of brownie that I please!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday weekend with lots of chocolate and macaroons 🙂

Lots of good food talking this Friday! #Passover #macaroons #cookiedough #coffee @lovegrownfoods Click To Tweet

***************

Favorite coffee flavor? Does it get cold fast or am I nuts?

Are you the type to pick the toppings out of the ice creams or do you go for the ice cream part instead?

Are you baking for the holiday weekend? What are you making?

Comments

1. says

Whoa! I’ve never seen those cookie dough things at the store before. I’m with you – I don’t get it. I feel like the reason I’m eating cookie dough is because it’s like in an ice cream (and will subsequently dig out and eat all of the chunks leaving a plain vanilla, looks like I’m not alone here) or because I’m whipping up a batch of cookies and I’m going to eat probably 3 cookies worth of cookie dough before they even hit the oven, or because I actually bought the dough in a tube from the store and am pretending that I’m actually going to bake those cookies.
    Jillie recently posted…Things I’m Loving #4 / Pre-Race JittersMy Profile

2. says

I might make a double batch of macaroons just to freeze some, great idea! And that’s exactly my grandma, everything had to be “just a sli-vah” and I really hope we can leave that expression with that generation, although I feel like we joke about it every time a cake is brought out. My grandma would also claim she didn’t eat for a week, when she really meant she had no cake for a week 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Chocolate Dipped Coconut MacaroonsMy Profile

3. says

I haven’t noticed certain flavors getting cold faster, but I always drink the same kind. And I feel like it goes from being super hot to cold really quickly- there is a short window when it is perfect!
    I don’t pick out the toppings because I like them the best mixed in with the ice cream- even amounts of toppings in each bite is perfect for me!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…A Look Back at March 2015My Profile

4. says

I agree that coffee goes from scorching hot to ice cold in seconds. it doesn’t make sense! Lately my favorite flavor is snickerdoodle that I get at a local coffeeshop after morning workouts. It’s my treat for waking up early to work out 🙂

For easter, I’m making lemon cookies with a raspberry jam. I hope it turns out well!
    Happy Holidays to you!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #6: Happy ThingsMy Profile

5. says

I actually have no idea about the flavoured coffee bit since I can’t even remember the last time I drank flavoured coffee. I love the smell of them, but they usually end up tasting way too sweet for me, so I stick to black. Is that crazy? Who knows. And this is the part where I admit that I’ve never had a macaroon either. I wasn’t crazy about coconut when I was little, and I somehow never got around to trying some as I got older. Add that to the list of things we have to eat when I [eventually] come visit 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. currently – april 2015 .My Profile

6. says

My ex-husband used to buy ice cream filled with yummy chunks. I don’t care much for ice cream so when I would be looking for a treat, I’d microwave down the ice cream in the container, pick out all the chunks and then put the container back in the freezer. You can see why we’re divorced. I WAS EVIL. Poor guy. 🙁 It’s a long-standing inside joke of ours though. It’s all good now. 🙂
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: Nearly SpeechlessMy Profile

• says

1- LOVE that you thought to microwave it down and then refreeze. I think that its genius! 2- I absolutely used to pick out the cookie dough in our frozen yogurts when I was married and my now ex-husband totally called me out on it every time. Definitely remember that!

7. Samantha says

I would totally buy the cookie dough. I NEED portion control when it comes to cookie dough. LOL Where on earth did you see that??

8. says

1) I LOVE FRESH MARKET. I miss living across the street from it. Now it’s a 20 minute drive. Sigh.
    2) Edy’s slow churned and yogurt blends ice creams are amazing.
    3) I LOVE THAT COOKIE DOUGH. Heather (fit n cookies) told me about it and I bought it once. Only once though because I would eat too much in one sitting. At least there aren’t eggs in it. Heavenly.

9. says

This post makes me crave sweets…. I say that’s a good thing. It’s also a good thing the Hubby is home this weekend and he brought chocolate with him. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some chocolate to eat.

10. says

OH keurig. Guess which twat bought one in NYC 3 years ago, plugged it into a socket here without realising and blew it up? guilty. BUT. I remember sayin that same thing too- I swear it got cold much quicker than standard black.

Cookie dough in petty servings make me sad. Hence I create single serve recipes of cookie dough which are actually substantial! Have a great Easter long weekend!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Apple Cinnamon Rice PuddingMy Profile