Sometimes I think about maybe one day thinking about moving to Florida but who are we kidding?
It will never happen.
I love New York and doubt I will ever leave but the traffic? I could really do without the traffic.
I spent way too much time in the car yesterday.
It’s either wow look how fast I flew into the city or, like yesterday, it’s oh my goodness I am still in the car just staring at the tunnel and this is just not okay.
I keep forgetting to ask if you heard that crispy m&m’s are making a comeback!
Next to plain m&m’s, the crispy m&m’s were definitely my favorite during my early 2000’s m&m’s obsession so when I heard the big news about their return, my sweet tooth smiled.
The crispy m&m’s originally came in the blue bags but now we will find them in the green bags since pretzel m&m’s took over the blue a few years ago.
On the topic of crispy, it came to my attention that there’s a New York area restaurant, The Parlor, serving up a super interesting brussels sprouts dish which involves fried brussels sprouts, sriracha sauce and RICE KRISPIES.
Click here for the article and recipe.
Roasted brussels and rice krispies?
I mean, okay, weird, but really the reviews have been terrific and I guess, how could it be bad?
I learned of this dish just as I was contemplating my own interesting combination…
Just trust me okay? You eat peanut butter on your cold sesame noodles when you order Chinese Food and peanut butter is used in your satay this and that.
It’s fascinating actually that I can crave peanut butter at each meal when I eat it all of the time, but yeah, I crave it.
The other day I couldn’t decide between having a peanut butter sandwich and a vegetable loaded lunch bowl so I combined the flavors and created a winner.
It’s really very simple!
This recipe for peanut butter roasted brussels sprouts satisfies your peanut butter craving while giving you a dose of protein plus healthy fats at the same time as meeting your veggie requirement!
Even better if you add roasted sweet potatoes. Peanut butter with sweet potatoes? Oh my, yes. Just yes.
I am not the best at measuring when I cook and exact amounts really depend upon how many brussels sprouts you are roasting and how strong you want your flavors.
I gave you basic amounts in tablespoons, assuming you roast a whole package (1 pound) of brussels sprouts but I really don’t think you can go wrong if all you do is eyeball it rather than measure.
If you taste it and want to adjust the ingredients, you can always add more of any of the ingredients without really screwing anything up.
If you do not have sweet chili sauce, I recommend that you add it to your grocery list for this weekend.
I get mine at Trader Joe’s.
- 1 package of fresh Brussels sprouts (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash brussels sprouts, cut in half and then soften in the microwave (I use the fresh vegetable setting) for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together pure maple syrup, djion mustard, salt and pepper.
- Once brussels sprouts are softened, spritz them with coconut oil cooking spray and add them to the bowl to coat.
- Spread brussels sprouts on a lightly greased oven safe baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes (or until lightly golden and crispy).
- While brussels sprouts are cooking, mix together peanut butter and sweet chili sauce.
- Remove brussels sprouts from oven and mix them in the peanut butter mixture.
- Serve warm or cold!
Oh, besides having no patience for New York traffic, I have even less patience for the snow that is expected later today.
Isn’t it the first day of Spring?!Peanut Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts! #recipe #peanutbutter #brusselssprouts #yum Click To Tweet
Do you remember crispy m&m’s? Which m&m’s were your favorite?
Is it snowing by you today too?!
How do you like your brussels sprouts?