Weekend Highlights – Literally

Is it just me or does your first cup of coffee in the morning, especially the first cup on a Monday following a time change, go down in literally two sips?

My mug is empty. How did that happen? I just brewed it three minutes ago.

I had my hair done (fresh bunch of highlights and I cut two inches!) Saturday afternoon which was awesome because I didn’t have to use any energy washing and blow drying my own hair after my long run.

It’s bad enough having to dry my hair sometimes on a good day but after running over 11 miles on the treadmill? No thank you.

haircut-and-highlights

Doesn’t everyone take a picture in the mirror at the salon before they leave to make sure their hair looks just right?

Before getting my hair done, I stopped for my favorite parfait.

Red Mango parfait

Clearly I needed a manicure this weekend too but I spent the ten dollars at Red Mango instead.

I can’t even deal with the price of a parfait anymore. I’m thinking that my new spring plan may be to fill up a pint or so of Red Mango’s original yogurt just to keep in my freezer in order to make the parfaits at home.

I have all of the toppings anyway — strawberries, blueberries, dark chocolate chips and Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola — and will save a TON of money.

I know I said I wanted to try the Panera Broth Bowls but I am a creature of habit as well as someone who hates to be disappointed with her food so I stuck to my favorite instead.

Panera Power Hummus Bowl

I like the Chicken Hummus Power Bowl but I order it without the chicken and ask for extra of every topping in its place plus some avocado.

It’s such a simple combination which I often make at home but I really love Panera’s hummus and I had a gift card so the salad was free.

I really like free.

My ten-mile run yesterday morning out in the sunshine, wearing only two layers, no hat or gloves, was just divine.

running path

Can you see the patch of grass by the trees starting to come through?!

I took it easy but honestly didn’t even feel as though I ran 11 miles just the day before. In fact, I usually feel better when I get a good run in the day after a long run than if I were to skip the second run altogether.

I am good like this though; I have built up my mileage and endurance so slowly and steadily over the last few years that I can run back to back long runs on occasion without issue.

Maybe I will consider running the Runner’s World Hat Trick again this fall?

I really was only concerned about my hair. I didn’t want to break a sweat and ruin it.

post run selfie

It held up okay though! I took this picture just as I walked in the house and released my pony tail.

I went with a Sparkly Soul headband for this run because I find that it holds my hair in place without messing around with it too much.

I think I love these Sparkly Soul headbands the best although if you are someone who sweats an awful lot, these headbands will not keep the sweat from dripping into your face like the Lululemon headbands can.

I cannot wait to see some flip flops added to the pile of sneakers by my front door in place of my boots.

running shoes

I made ANOTHER batch of my new favorite flourless & grain free fudge brownie bites yesterday.

I just love them and I want you to make them so you can love them too.

flourless and grain free fudge brownie bites

I did have Cold Stone though over the weekend and I can’t even remember the last time I was there!

Cold Stone Creamery Sundae

Would you believe that I didn’t finish it?!

I know, right?

Here’s the thing — I wasn’t overly thrilled that the girl gave me the chocolate dipped bowl without the sprinkles but I didn’t feel like complaining.

I also went with a chocolate fudge brownie yogurt flavor which was good but truthfully, as much as I love chocolate, I prefer a vanilla based ice cream/yogurt.

It was just too much of a chocolate flavor that wasn’t doing anything for me.

I like lots of chocolate in the form of toppings and frostings but not too much in ice cream form.

I don’t know, I just realized I had enough and didn’t want anymore so I threw it out.

I may eat chocolate cake for lunch sometimes, have more than my fair share of goodies to the point where I feel sick on occasion but at least I know what I like and have some dessert boundaries.

Weekend Highlights #running #coldstonecreamery #Panera #redmango Click To Tweet

************

Which headbands do you wear when you run?

Standard order at Panera?

When it comes to ice cream, do you prefer a chocolate base or a vanilla base?

Comments

1. says

Hair looks BEAUTIFUL lady! Loving it! I also love power bowls, but the thing I love the most?!! COLD STONE WAFFLE CONESSSSS (with ice cream obviously), but you didnt finish…..that is almost a crime….but I forgive you….I once had a birthday cake remix gotta have it size, I finished that, then lied on the floor as I felt so discgusting and sick from it hahah
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Sweet Potato and Almond Butter SoupMy Profile

2. says

Right before I read this I was thinking the same thing about my coffee!! It was gone way too fast. I think this time change affected me more than I thought! I ate lunch at Panera yesterday, and got my standard order which is 1/2 fuji apple chicken salad and chicken noodle soup…with a baguette of course.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…I Didn’t Feel Like Myself Last Week…My Profile

3. says

Oh wow, now that you mention it, I can’t remember the last time I had cold stone! That looked delicious! Your hair also looks fantastic, I love a good cut and blowout! Have a fantastic week ahead 🙂
    Taca @ A Side Of Dessert recently posted…MIMM [09-03-15]My Profile

• says

I was going to Cold Stone every week..until suddenly at some point over the last few months, I kinda stopped. Maybe now that it’s warmer out again I will get back on track with my sundaes.

4. says

The parfait and ColdStone look delicious! I never had Coldstone before since the closest was an hour from my house, still is far but perhaps one day! I love getting a fresh/cut or do makes you feel fresh and renewed! 🙂

5. says

I am in the Lululemon camp for headbands. I sweat a ton and they always seem to stay in place despite my very fine and slippery hair.
    I also needed to get my nails done this weekend, but I decided to spend that time and money on other treats as well! I’ll blame it on losing the extra hour – that’s where my nail appointment went.
    Jillie recently posted…Sunday Grocery HaulMy Profile

6. says

1) I lovE the Sparkly Soul headbands. They’re the only ones that stay in. I have a weird shaped head I think, but those work.
    2) I was just thinking about how it’s been forever since I last had Coldstone. I need to change that. I haven’t been able to finish my food/dessert lately too (besides last night). I think something is wrong with me. But man you have me craving coldstone. I might make KBT come to Kilwins with me this weekend.
    3) Long runs when it’s warm= the best. I finally put away all but one of my winter jackets this morning. Wishful thinking?
    Sarah recently posted…3/1-3/7My Profile

7. says

I’m actually having the complete opposite issue with my coffee this morning — I’ve been nursing it for about 30 minutes and it doesn’t seem to want to end 😆 No idea why… there are days where I literally gulp it down, but apparently today isn’t one of those days. And I’ll always and forever be a vanilla ice cream girl. Chocolate doesn’t really do anything for me.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. what i ate [today] .My Profile

8. says

I LOVE the chicken Power Bowl at Panera. My husband makes fun of me because I never get anything different. When I make it at home which is pretty often, it still is not as good as theirs. I think it is the hummus! 🙂

I don’t think I have ever thrown ice cream away…just sayin’! I do prefer a vanilla based ice cream (and I too love chocolate), but I would have probably still ate it b/c I am kind of a piggy like that!
    Stacy @ SweatingTulipz recently posted…Celebrate Barbie’s Birthday with a Barbie Bootcamp!My Profile

9. says

I tried the broth bowl at Panera and it’s really good! It’s a lot bigger than I expected, so it filled my up! That hummus bowl looks amazing, so I may have to try it out. There aren’t many Paneras near where I live and work, so I don’t get there very often.

For ice cream, I’m all about the chocolate, unless I’m getting a lot of chocolate toppings. Then, I’ll get vanilla so I’m not in a chocolate coma!

Happy Monday!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…March 9- Weekly GoalsMy Profile

10. says

Love the hair – looks great! I have an appointment on Thursday that is sooooo overdue! Was just trying to push it as close as possible to the wedding!
    Lish recently posted…bonus sister timeMy Profile

11. says

The hair looks great, and I’m amazed it held up so well after a long run. I’m a hot, sweaty mess with minutes. For real, you can’t take me anywhere.

I miss Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup but they make it with chicken stock. Why, God Why?! Some things I will never understand. Free I get though. In fact, that’s one of my favorites. Go gift cards.