It’s Okay To Eat Chocolate Cake For Lunch Sometimes

It’s snowing again today. School is closed again today. No further comment on the subject.

Thinking-Out-Loud

It always seems that I am in need of both a haircut and highlighting touch-up at the same time.

It also always seems that every time I look in the bathroom mirror to notice my hair is in need of a salon intervention, I also notice that all of the moisturizers in my bathroom cabinet are just about empty.

Can’t things ever happen sporadically in the beauty department of my life? My bank account would appreciate it.

I am re-obsessed with this song ever since Michele mentioned it in her post over the weekend.

celine dion

I loved Celine back in the late 90’s and this song was just, the song.

I bought it on iTunes over the weekend when I couldn’t get it out of my head. Then I spent a few days with it on repeat (until my friend told me it was enough and she was going to delete it from my phone).

It’s such a powerful song though, don’t you think?! And if you listen to something powerful over and over (especially while you are running), it becomes therapy and you work through whatever is bothering you making you feel a whole lot better.

While I listened to It’s All Coming Back To Me during my run (on repeat for five miles), I remembered writing a post last year about the time I listened to Titanium on repeat while running on the treadmill.

I found emotions I didn’t even know I had during that run so I highly recommend Titanium as well.

Sometimes it is perfectly okay to have chocolate cake for lunch.

Linda's Fudge Cake

I know I shouldn’t promote emotional eating but let’s be real, sometimes we do it. Sometimes we have to and sometimes it really does make everything better.

I was going to say that I haven’t been to Trader Joe’s since the weekend but then I went yesterday afternoon because I couldn’t help it.

trader joes

I had been trying to limit my midweek grocery store pop-ins but how can you blame me when I needed more brussels sprouts?

Along with chocolate chips, apples (never enough apples), chick peas, spinach, avocado, frozen blueberries, bananas….See what happens? This is why I am trying NOT to pop in during the week.

Can we talk about the fact that Trader Joe’s is still missing their onion rings in the frozen section?

I am afraid to finish the bag I have in my freezer because I may not be able to buy them again!

And if the lack of onion rings isn’t bad enough, they haven’t had their jars of Coconut Oil lately either.  I thought it was just my local store but then Sara said the same thing and she is all the way in Chicago.

Please let me know if your stores are missing these items too, okay?

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today and oh, make sure you look at the rest of Amanda’s posts — she’s always sharing  yummy recipes!

It's okay to eat chocolate cake for lunch sometimes #chocolatecake #thinkingoutloud Click To Tweet

***********

Is there a song you like to play on repeat?

Do you have an emotional eating meal of choice?

Ever have cake for lunch?

Is your Trader Joe’s currently missing anything you normally purchase?

Comments

1. says

Yum if you’re going to emotionally eat, I’d hope it’s something as good as that chocolate cake! I don’t condone it either and it’s something I had to work on towards the end of my ED but I’m much better about it now. It did happen last week and that’s okay. We’re human. Oh, and trader joe’so. Sucks me in every time and I end up spending way more money than I should. I tell myself it’s okay because it’s cheaper than most grocery stores.

2. Carmella says

I love Trader Joe’s but I only get to shop when I visit my Aunt in Delaware. Last time I was there (Thanksgiving) I was able to buy Coconut Oil.
    Also try not to do supermarket “POP INS” because I buy too much!!
    Have a good day!

3. says

I could play that song and every detail of it on repeat in my head. It really is a great song! For some reason everytime I sit down to write I get a different old song in my head from mid 90’s to early 2000s. My brain is doing weird things!

Emotional eating is more than okay sometimes, I think it’s necessary! The chocolate cake looks fab 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Dreams Come True – TOLMy Profile

4. says

I always feel like TJ’s is out of something essential every week! And yes, I do consider their Cookie Butter essential. Also, I’m pretty sure that chocolate cake has all of the necessary nutrition one would normally have in like a Sunday Brunch – flour, eggs, some butter and sugar – I mean it sounds perfect to me!
    Jillian recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday #1My Profile

5. says

Definitely ok to eat chocolate cake for lunch sometimes! That whip cream looks amazing.

We are still out of coconut oil 🙁 I am going to go to TJ’s this weekend – I will look for your onion rings!

• says

I can’t imagine they are discontinuing the coconut oil? I can see the onion rings- they often rotate their products, especially frozen, but not coconut oil. Seems really weird.

6. says

Noooooooooo it is NOT snowing again! UGH what a suckfest for you guys! I am so sorry. I love the song Titanium. It’ a gooder. The one I have on repeat right now is Ghost by Ella Henderson. It’s an emotional one for me too so it’s a double whammy.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Going GreenMy Profile

7. says

Ahhh…good ol’ emotional eating. I so wish I was one of those people that CAN’T eat when they are going through an emotional time…The awesome thing about me and emotional eating is that I can do it with pretty much ANYTHING that I shouldn’t…pretzels, sweets, salty crackers or chips, pizza…yep…it’s awesome. Hang in there girl. My dad is a recovering addict, and one quote that he always tells me when I’m struggling that he learned in recovery is: ‘Whatever you are feeling in this moment will go away, change or get better. It’s not going to seem like it while you are feeling it, it takes over everything, but it will.’ It is so simple and so true. I hope you feel better girl! Hang in there!

I’m totally a song on repeat girl! When I could run, there were just certain songs on certain days that would really just make all the difference for me and would be on repeat for 12 miles (or 6 or 5 like you!). Three that I can remember fondly: “Bring me to life” by Evanescence, “Danger” by Mystikal, and “Breathe” by Fabolous…very weird combination but it’s usually something with a crazy beat or very emotional lyrics.

Enjoy your chocolate cake lunch and hang in there girl!
    Stacy @ SweatingTulipz recently posted…Indian-Inspired RecipeMy Profile

8. says

I haven’t been to TJ’s in about 2 weeks now! Maybe THAT’s why I feel off…?! haha. We are trying to limit our grocery store runs too. Which is SUPER hard, b/c we live literally right next door to Kroger and we can walk there….we have managed to cut down from daily walks over there, to about 4 times a week. Progress.
    The last couple of times I was at TJ’s, they were out of my wasabi peas! 🙁
    Nikki@will run for pizza recently posted…Things are looking up today.My Profile