One Of Those People

As I shrieked at my son for having the nerve to actually use the hand towels in his bathroom for their intended purposes, I realized I have become one of those adults.

hand towels

Actually, I realized in that moment that I am not only one of those adults, I am officially one of those mothers.

This can’t be good.

I promised myself I would forever remain cool and never turn into one of those mothers who constantly nags about ridiculous things, one who feels that only her shoes are clean enough to walk through the house (but mine truly are, I don’t know, I don’t step anywhere dirty), but like really, white hand towels come with an unspoken tag that says —— dry with your eyes, not with your hands.

And, after receiving this text early yesterday morning in regards to dinner last night, it really became clear I am just one those people.

text

There is nothing I appreciate more than when someone understands and respects my appetite, giving me advanced warning that I may be eating dinner later than normal/expected.

Sushi is always worth the wait. Always.

sushi

Anyway, moving on to things you may actually care about:

Don’t forget to use the Pro Compression discount code (PINK2) which I shared in my #HolidayRunList Gift Guide.

It’s good for 40% off your entire purchase and expires December 15, 2014, which oh my, is approaching before we know it.

Which also means that my Disney World trip is oh my, approaching before I know it!

Disney World bakery

I think about the above Disney World bakery case every twenty minutes or so since I booked our trip.

While I am reminding us of things, make sure you enter the two $100 Visa Gift Card giveaways I have going…

Click here and here if you missed those posts.

Before I go get this Friday moving, I have a few links that I keep meaning to share with you:

Do You Make These Five Running Mistakes?  – Well, do you?

Best And Worst Barre Exercises  – I love this because based upon the different barre routines I have come across, some positions seem  as though they can actually hurt rather than help, especially if not done correctly.

Vegan or Vegetarian Diet Might Be Best For Weight LossI believe it.

Protein In A Plant-Based Diet  – This RD recommends we all focus on making plant-based foods the star of our plates – not just vegans and vegetarians.

How We Test Shoes – Similar to what I learned at the Runner’s World Seminar, read how the Runner’s World shoe lab goes about testing out all of the running shoes they review!

Have a terrific weekend!

******************

Do you actually use the hand towels in your bathroom?

If you have been to Disney World, what is your favorite Disney food/restaurant?

If you are going out for dinner later than normal, what do you have as a snack to hold you over?

Comments

1. says

I am soooooo jealouuusss you are going to Disney! That is awesome, and talk about a sweet tooths dream! You have to show us all the goodies you find 🙂

I love the snack text, I get similar ones hahaha, but at least then you know you have a healthy relationship with food, because you WiLL eat it when you need it….but actually….maybe not so much if we get so crabby if we have to eat late….oh well, no ones perfect 😉 Have a wonderful weekend!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Weight Fluctuations for Elite AthletesMy Profile

• says

I get extremely crabby if I am hungry and waiting to eat which is why I avoid the situation by having a snack or small meal if I know my dinner reservations will be later than my appetite can handle. I have no patience for hungry!

2. says

Haha I think I am still waiting to become one of those people, or mothers! With 3 kids I feel like I have no control over the state of my house and have mostly given up, save for my after dinner “clean up!” rampages. If I have a late dinner, which happens, like, never, I have been known to have wine as my appetizer. And maybe a lara bar 😉
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Parking Spots and Other Missed Opportunities – TOLMy Profile

• says

I try not to eat too late but some dinner reservations are later than my norm which means I need to #1 know this and #2, eat something so I don’t go hungry waiting for dinner! I would love to be a person who could have a glass of wine before dinner but alcohol and me, especially on a not full stomach, just means a fainting episode. Not fun!

3. says

I have hand towels in our kitchen that are not supposed to be used, but of course no one else understands that:) I keep an older towel hanging over the drying rack which is to be used for drying hands and dishes. I try not to get too worked up over it, but if someone uses the decorative hand towels I immediately need to straighten them out! Its a habit I got from my parents.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Holiday Gift Guide For RunnersMy Profile

4. says

😆 I do actually use the hand towels in my bathroom, but that’s mostly because mine are normal hand towels that are nothing special to look at. I’d probably be a little more hesitant if they looked fancy. I’m super anal about people not walking around in their shoes, though. And I can’t handle people messing up my kitchen. Just no.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. my favourite green smoothie .My Profile

5. says

Yes – we use the towels in our bathrooms (even the guest bath!). There is nothing fancy about us:)
    Most nights I need a snack even when dinner is at the normal time.
    Kim recently posted…Friends Are FriendsMy Profile

6. says

I am that person, but then again I’ve pretty much always been that person. At least my whole adult life. I’m quite comfortable using the hand towels but they better be lined up all neat and orderly when I’m done. 🙂

That Disney bakery case is worth the trip.

7. says

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to go back
    the prefer?.I’m attempting to to find issues to enhance my website!I assume its adequate to make use of a few of your concepts!!
    carrentals recently posted…carrentalsMy Profile

8. says

Baby girl crib bedding sets in elegant damask comes in a
    range of alternatives, which include a number of simple one color
    bedding sets as well as those which incorporate designs on damask
    backgrounds. A baby reward basket might be one of the best current that will express your concern. Give the kids time to play with their stars as they “shine their twinkle stars in the sky” and sing
    Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
    nursery rhymes free download mp3 nursery rhymes free download for android nursery rhymes free download youtube nursery rhymes free download audio nursery rhymes free download mp4 nursery rhymes free download for mobile nursery rhymes free download for pc recently posted…nursery rhymes free download mp3 nursery rhymes free download for android nursery rhymes free download youtube nursery rhymes free download audio nursery rhymes free download mp4 nursery rhymes free download for mobile nursery rhymes free download for pc nursery rhymes free downloads video nursery rhymes free download in tamil nursery rhymes free download hindi nursery rhymes free download video nursery rhymes free download appMy Profile

9. says

May I simply just say what a comfort to uncover an individual who truly understands what they are discussing over the internet.

You certainly realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

More people really need to read this and understand this
    side of your story. I can’t believe you are not more popular since you certainly have the
    gift.
    Boombeachgenerator.cf recently posted…Boombeachgenerator.cfMy Profile

10. says

Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and
    personally suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from
    this web site.

11. says

It can be confusing trying to find the best deals with so many to choose from.
    On-page SEO means – The method used in the body of the website.
    com has gained high regard within the web design arena.

12. says

ดู หนัง ออนไลน์ ฟรี
    Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have
    truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed
    and I hope you write again very soon!

13. says

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do think that you need to write more about this issue, it might not
    be a taboo subject but typically people don’t speak about such issues.
    To the next! Many thanks!!