I ran a little over six miles yesterday morning. I felt so super great that I decided there must be something to the whole don’t-run-too-many-days-in-a-row-and-make-sure-you-crosstrain-thing.
Today is a rest day. Want to occupy me for a bit?
I don’t know what to do with myself when my routine is off. Maybe I should clean the bathrooms. Or organize a closet. Or bake. Or maybe clean and then bake or, which makes more sense, bake and then clean.
A normal person would have just chosen to stay in bed and sleep a bit longer. I never claimed to be normal.
The race is Sunday morning but I am heading into the city a bit later today to pick up my number, check out the Race Expo and then land myself at the Blue Water Grill for dinner.
However, before I go, I may need to stop at Whole Foods because I ran out of my facial cleanser.
Yes, I realize I was just at Whole Foods last week but I kind of sort of on purpose forget things as an excuse to go back to the food bar.
I haven’t done a skincare/cosmetic post in a while so let’s take a look at what I have been using and really loving these days.
I know I say it over and over but the Whole Foods 365 skincare line is terrific.
1. Whole Foods 365 Facial Cleanser – For $5.99, you just can’t beat it. Free from the parabens and funky ingredients, there is no reason to use a facial cleanser from a department store beauty counter. Save where you can.
2. Whole Foods 365 Body Moisturizer – For $5.99 once again, no reason to use anything else. I find this moisturize super hydrating for the body and it is free from scents, parabens and all the bad things.
You may recall that I gave up my favorite skincare products along with my Dior addiction last year in favor of removing all allergens and parabens from my cosmetics and skincare.
I never imagined that I would replace my makeup/skincare with so many products from Clinique and be happy at the same time.
3. Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer with SPF – Love this product. I have been using it every single day for a year now and have no plans to switch it up. It totally subs as a foundation, is super light, nongreasy and includes an SPF of 15.
4. Clinique Super Daily Defense Moisturizer with SPF 20 – I switched to this moisturizer about a month ago and have been very happy. I was actually surprised to read not-so-fabulous reviews of this formula on their website but everyone is so different; I happen to really like it and I am pretty picky.
5. Clinique RepairWear Intensive Night Cream – It’s richer than a day cream but not overly thick or greasy; absorbs right into the skin while hydrating and doing it’s thing.
I find it ironic to note my skin appears more hydrated now than when I used the higher-end (and much more expensive) moisturizers.
I have mentioned my newfound love of Guerlain, which is in the same family of companies as Dior but made without parabens and other allergens that have bothered my skin in the past.
While I prefer Clinique’s moisturizers (explain it, I can’t), Guerlain’s cosmetics are terrific and I recently added two new items to my routine.
6. Hydrating Lip Shine is ridiculous and you need it. Super hydrating like no other lipstick I have ever placed on my lips, the color goes on beautifully and doesn’t get sticky. In fact, you don’t even know it is there except for feeling as though you just hydrated your lips with a great lip balm.
And the way it comes out of the tube is kind of cool too.
7. Cils D’enfer Maxi Lash Mascara – Even if you can’t pronounce it, you need it. I just love how it glides right over the lashes without a clump while lengthening and curling without making you look like some tarantula.
I swore by Dior Iconic for years which was lovely and all but this mascara from Guerlain is much better. Not to mention, it comes off pretty easy when you go to remove it without irritating your eyes which was always an allergy issue for me.
On my radar:
This Terracotta Four Seasons Bronzer from Guerlain.
I tried it in Bloomingdales recently and loved the various shades of bronzer plus the pop of pink color in the palette. Once I run out of the bronzer I currently use, I will go back to buy this.
It sound so silly but I really look forward to a new nail polish. I take my time selecting my color of the week and love pedicure season for the various shades of deep pinks and lavenders I alternate between.
Essie’s new Romper Room looks like a good time for the fingers; has anyone tried it yet?
So I have a feeling I will be popping in before the race on Sunday. I have yet to finalize what I am wearing and my running playlist is incomplete.
I feel all sorts of weird knowing that my usual long run tomorrow morning is capped at three miles so I guess I can fill that extra time with getting everything in order.
Have a great weekend!
I was not compensated in any way for this post; I just like sharing what I like and all thoughts/opinions are my own.
Who else is running the More/Fitness Women’s Half on Sunday?
Favorite cosmetics/skincare at the moment?
Favorite Essie color?