Three-Ingredient Pancake With Chia Seeds

Did you eat breakfast yet? OK good, I am glad I caught you.

You need to tweak the two-ingredient pancake to include a third ingredient.

IMG_2557

Chia Seeds. Known for thickening just about anything they are added to, chia seeds added as our third ingredient thicken our pancake and make it that much better than it already was.

three-ingredient-pancake

Don’t let the little black dots upset you. You won’t notice them after it cooks a bit.

three-ingredient-pancake

I hate to say I told you, but I told you so. The chia seeds are now a secret.

three-ingredient-pancake

You may not be able to tell from the picture but those little chia seeds thicken up the pancake and help create the texture of the dense and chewy pancake experience usually only available when using flour.

In fact, I am going to go as far as saying that these chia seeds combined with the egg (or egg whites) and banana give a traditional pancake a real run for the money and not just in the nutrition department. Hello to protein, omega 3’s, fiber, complex carbs and fruit serving all in one.

If you are still sitting there in fear of a flourless pancake, I really suggest that you try it. I recently read somewhere that the texture and flavor of a traditional two-ingredient pancake is relative to the center of a good hunk of Challah French toast.

Couldn’t agree more.

three ingredient pancake

Slathered with peanut butter, add some blueberries on top plus a side cup of coffee and the Sunday paper and you have yourself a lovely morning. Why does it take 20 pages into the sports section to find the Islanders game recap? Oh right, because they are a New York sports afterthought….

Three-Ingredient Pancake With Chia Seeds – Recipe
Recipe Type: pancakes
Cuisine: breakfast
Author: meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles
Ingredients
  • One organic egg or two large organic egg whites
  • 1/2 large mashed banana
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Lightly grease a skillet and heat on medium heat. Add mixture and allow to cook for a few minutes before carefully flipping (do not flip too soon!)
  2. Cook another minute and transfer to plate.
  3. Top with peanut butter, syrup or your favorite pancake toppings.

Three ingredient pancake #pancakes #vegetarian #breakfast Click To Tweet

*************************************

Favorite weekend breakfast?

What are you doing today?

Do you read the newspaper or follow the news online?

Comments

1. says

So cool that you can make pancakes with only 3 ingredients. My recipe doesn’t have many ingredients but it’s more than 3. And easy to make gf too! Bonus

2. says

You didn’t manage to catch me before breakfast, but that’s okay because I’m a pancake for dinner kind of girl anyways 🙂 In fact, I think you may have just provided me with today’s dinner. Wait… scratch that… dinner is at the parents’ tonight. Lunch, then! Even better.

3. says

Ooooh good idea friend! I would love to give these a try! I have had my first breakfast before my run, but these would be a great post run breakfast! Good idea 🙂 My favorite weekend breakfast is definitely pancakes! I am at Penn Relays again all day today, hopefully my athletes run well! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Pulled Pork and Roasted Sweet Potato PizzaMy Profile

• says

You will definitely love these simple “pancakes” – especially with peanut butter on top! God luck at the relays…P.S. – I am the worst at Twitter. I can only juggle so many social media accounts and Twitter seems to be the one I just never got into. I am trying though! So if you notice I am MIA on there, now you know why! lol

4. says

This man was put on earth especially for me. I’m totally obsessed with everything this fine chap has to say . I always read his awe-inspiring! book daily… and all his youtube videos as well. He is my #1 teacher!!… I am glad he was born and created this monumental book of knowledge!. He’s considered the Guru of wealth! In my life.. thanks, Harv..from a Latin guy who admires you… “your my best kept secret for triumph”

5. says

What complete poppycock. BDS is an effective, non-violent method of applying pressure to an intransigent entity that is behaving outside the norms of decency and has not responded to less severe forms of persuasion. It is completely moral to refuse to support a country that insists upon behaving badly. It worked very well in the case of South Africa, and it can work in the case of Israel.

6. says

Ich gebe zu: Von »meinem« Kreisverband zu schreiben, legt eine Mitgliedschaft nahe. Dieses »wir« war dann aber doch ein . Auch wenn mich als Liberalen mittlerweile der organisierte Liberalismus an den Stellen, die ich anspreche, so nervt, daß ich kurz davor bin, selber einzusteigen.   0 likes

7. says

Pode não comparecer deliberadamente e é sempre multado, julgo eu.Mas é um facto que há casos de trafulhice das assistentes sociais porque elas também chegam a enviar os avisos e convocatórias, sem passarem pela secretaria.A trafulhice que presenciei foi assim e não se tramou totalmente mas o foi caçada e o juiz posto ao corrente.

8. says

Dear Mr Varun R Chunkaar,Can you find any decency in the comments of last paragraph made by Mr Shamnaad Baseer at 12:58 pm ?He thinks that all are having bad relations with agents etc as he has written before.But he himself is saying that he is having very cosy relationship ( we dont know , how far it goes )with some senior people of Patent office. Why the relationship what Shamnaad Baseer is having is good and other's is bad?See the partiality–seems MR Shamnaad Baseer has some personal vendetta and interest!

9. says

HÃ¥ller med föregÃ¥ende talare. Verkligen ingen skandal utan matchen kunde gÃ¥tt bÃ¥da vägarna. I 3 ronden träffades Bruno hÃ¥rt flera ggr innan hans motstÃ¥ndare la sig ner för han hade ont i benet. Sen var Brunos prestation under all kritik han gasade redan i andra ronden och ser vi kommer nog aldrig se honom i nÃ¥n större organisation.Simon det känns inte som du var sÃ¥ objektiv pÃ¥ lördagskvällen 😀

10. says

Hi Harriet, Thanks for reading and commenting. The negative thoughts just won’t go away. I had a brief interlude last night, but they’ve intensified again. I tell myself to STOP! which helps for a bit, but they come right back when I focus my attention away for a second. My g/f offer stremendous support; she’s a therapist in training. Yup, same here: anticipatory anxiety is almost always worst than the event. Thanks again for the kind words!

11. says

I personally agree on having health insurance policy. It does not have to be necessarily expensive. The agreement can be limited if you speak out what you only wanted your policy to cover or as you mentioned, “drop unnecessary policy provision”.Keeping healthy is still the best solution to avoid having a mountain of debt but as we live on today, it is easier said than done.

12. says

The earth has a direct reaction to men’s decisions. Adam disobeyed God’s Word resulting in the “ground producing thorns and thistles,” when men’s heart was filled with wickedness the earth was flooded, when Israel failed to give the ground rest they were banished to Babylon, and Proverbs tells us that men’s relationship with their wives causes the earth to tremble. Men are the gate of authority upon the earth.

13. says

Hi Jan–I was singing your praises the other day to my financial advisor, Mark Wise, telling him how pleased I was with the pix you took for my book cover. You’ll notice some of them are up on my website, also. I told him I’d track down your info. I can’t seem to find your email or phone on this website. Can you please send it to me? The one I have might be outdated and I don’t want him to miss you.Regards,Jean Palmer Heck317-430-9100

14. says

Tu comentario es mas falso que un billete de $333 jajajaEn un credito hipotecario a 15 años pagas mucho mas de 1.5 veces el monto prestado. Toma cualquier simulador y realiza una simple suma de las mensualidades.

15. says

Mario nao è sò um “cantautore” ma um grande Poeta. Faz vibrar os coraçoes com suas musicas poeticas, coloca sentimentos de forma que outros sintam seus sentimentos. Mario usa a alma no lugar da caneta ao descrever seus sentimentos e sonhos; é um grande artista que com a musica consegue retratar o quadro da vida sentida ou imaginada. com a sua musica espalha pelo mundo alegrias e sentimentos como se tocasse a mais bela sinfonia………….Bravo Mario, sei l’unico!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. says

Torres Valbuena je déteste ce joueur qui plonge, simule, en rajoute des tonnes et pour moi à un égo surdimensionné et l’entendre parler est un suplice.Toujours est-il que depuis 2 ans il a énormément progressé et qu’il est le meilleur joueur de l’OM et de loin et s’il était titulaire en lieu et place de Menez en EDF ça ne me choquerait pas

17. says

Yes, exactly. Roy. Very few folk in developing countries have access to higher education. We spent the morning with a local family, today, and the daughter is headed to college to train as a primary school teacher, so there is more mobility than some think. But in terms of access to the full global economy, you need wealth and connections even more than you do in the west

18. says

En fait je pense que j’ai plus dattente quand je machete une loterie ou quand je vais au casino 1 fois par année. Dans le sens que j’ai plus souvent gagné au jeux quand amour malheureusement. Il faut croire que même la loterie n’est pas une bonne comparaison avec l’amour. Après 10 dates en 10 mois je me suis jamais senti autant malchanceux. Pourtant le maximum que j’ai été sa été 2 dates dans la meme période jamais daté les 10 en meme temps.

19. says

Frank, Frank, wie schaffst du es das du uns alle als völlig besoffene Photonasen hinstellen kannst und wir mögen dich trotzdem noch???? Liegt wohl an Weihnachten…Ich vertraue für 2008 darauf das dein neues Wunderteil auch Bilder bearbeiten kann (positiv bearbeiten!) und das wir dann solche Bilder nicht mehr sehen müssen. Anne

20. says

Howdy just happened upon your blog from Yahoo after I entered in, “Lo fatal | Hojas en el Viento” or something similar (can’t quite remember exactly). In any case, I’m happy I found it because your subject material is exactly what I’m searching for (writing a university paper) and I hope you don’t mind if I gather some information from here and I will of course credit you as the reference. Many thanks.

21. says

I had been using flax seed oil daily for the last 2 months, and now I have cold like symptoms due to it. I overtaxed my immune system eating that “healthful” oil. So I have a headache, stuffiness and general weakness. I stayed cold free for decades … so it finally clicked as I was eating lunch today that the flax was doing it. Lesson learned on rotating foods better and an oil is tough to digest by nature.Thanks for any comments you may have!

22. says

Most likely it’s missing it’s mommy or the scent. Do you you get them from a pet store or just out of the paper? any way you could get a small blankie and get some scent from the mommy or siblings? I have done the trick of letting the kitten lay on my chest so it can listen to my heartbeat and it’s warm as well. also check to make sure they have no swollen tummy just in case it could possibly have an upset belly. Was this answer helpful?

23. says

Nein, einen namen habe ich leider auch nicht Werde es aber genau so machen, wie du schon gesagt hast: einfach dran vorbeigehen, bis sie eines Tages wieder drinne steht Hoffe, das fällt noch nicht unter Stalking Bügelfalte in der Jeans konnte ich verhindern – dass sie meine T-Shirts bügelt aber leider nicht (das ist absoluter Unsinn bei meiner Shirt-Lager-Methodik).

24. says

Ok guys – if this is how u all feel, I am slowing down and will find some other way to vent my emotions…thought we are all in this together…may be, I misspoke a couple times or asked inappropriate questions and I am sorry about that…going through the toughest times in my life in the last 4-6 weeks..

25. says

I will sign that petition, and if there is space allowed for comments, I will tie this episode in with Kevin Annett, who also was denied access into the UK, when was detained at immigration and returned the following morning to the Netherlands.UK officials are frightened for all the right reasons.No reason to let the criminals perpetrators off the hook.I hope everyone who reads your site makes waves in their own spheres of influence, and raise international awareness.Blessingsxx

26. says

I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web.Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.Regards,

27. says

He looks mischievous… the great thing with cats is that you never know what they are going to do next….. I caught my kitten sleeping in the toilet!!! She does this rather often come to think of it….

28. says

people eat waaaaayy too much meat these days, and I say that as someone who loves it. I rarely eat meat at lunch and don't make it a lot at home – mostly pasta and fish. but the weekends I definitely get my far share – bacons, burgers, pepperoni pizza, etc. I definitely think its a good thing for people to think about their meat consumption and work on eating it less, if necessary.

Trackbacks