Coffee Mugs + Registeries + Lifetime Fitness?! (TOL)

No joke, is it Friday yet? I’ve been asking this question all week. I’m ready for Friday.

thinking out loud

Remember I mentioned wanting to sort through all of my old coffee mugs?  Well, I finally tore through that cabinet, removing all coffee mugs that had a slight chip or stain on the inside. I got rid of 10 mugs yet still have something like, oh, 15 MUGS LEFT.

This isn’t even counting the cups and saucers (service of 12!) which came with my sets of dishes which I registered for during my engagement.

Are people still registering for a full-on service of 12 for EVERYTHING? Actually, are people still registering for all of this kitchen stuff at all? Working in the wedding and event industry, I sort of heard that millennials are doing the whole wedding registry thing very differently than I did back in the year 2000. Is that true? Please tell me, I need to know how registries are done now.

Anyway.

So who remembers way back to 2013 when I still belonged to Lifetime Fitness?

Anyone?

I know, I barely remember either.

Well, this week my son decided he wanted to become a Lifetime Fitness member. It’s crazy to me that only five years ago, I was the member and he was my kid in the kids club. Now, at the age of 14, he is old enough to be a member on his own.

My goodness. I just did a media library search in my blog for “Lifetime” and this picture by the pool with my little boy’s head popped up. Wow. He looked so little. Summer 2013.

Lifetime Athletic

I’m so happy my son is interested in a real fitness routine and being active so I agreed to sign him up. However, I made it clear to the Lifetime Fitness sales guy that I DO NOT want a membership too.

Lifetime is beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but the thought of having access to the gym with all of their equipment, classes, pools, locker room, and cafe completely overwhelms me.

I’m happy with my workout routine. I like to run outside my front door or on the treadmill steps away in my community gym. I really like Pure Barre On Demand. And I’m definitely not interested in this gym’s social scene. Yikes, keep me far from that drama.

While the sale guy understood, he still gave me a two month free pass as part of the deal of signing up my son.

lifetime

AHHHHHH. Do I take a spin class? I always loved their spin classes. But WHICH ONE, they now offer three types of spin classes?!

A barre class? Yoga? Strength? Mixed Combat?

When? On the weekend? Instead of a running? Or, run on one of their treadmills?

This thing scares me.

lifetime treadmill

So does this.

lifetime fitness

I don’t exercise at night. I can’t rush there in the morning after my son leaves for school and before I start my work day and I certainly can’t start utilizing the gym in the late afternoons when I am dropping my son off. I’m a morning workout person.

When I wasn’t working, I would head to Lifetime in the morning and get lost in there. It’s that easy to do. I don’t have time for that now!  Lifetime isn’t exactly down the block and even if I do work from home, I still hold myself to a schedule which does not allow me freedom to frolic the gym.

Do you see how this guest pass is overwhelming me? I should tear it up. I won’t, but I should.

On This Day:

2/8/17: Quirky Eating Habits Or Disordered Eating

2/8/16: Weekend Highlights

2/8/15: Workout Recap

2/8/14: Thinking Out Loud/Talking With Emojis

If you had/have a wedding registry, did you register for all of the “traditional” stuff or did you go another route? If you registered for dishes, china, etc., was it a service of 12?

Who else needs to clean out some cabinets?

Have you been to Lifetime Fitness? Do you belong to a big gym? Do you use it all of the time?

Comments

1. says

Omg the drama of a health club. I remember those days. Belonging to a health club is like a full time job. I now do two hours of yoga-a real workout at a studio up the street every weekday early mornings—and am a runner. You have such a great routine and it is done on your schedule with time to think and just be in the moment and it all requires no driving and best part interacting with people you don’t care to. You just do your “thang” and that’s what it’s all about. Your son’s at the perfect age to belong and enjoy alongside his peers that’s how healthy habitable all begin and progress. Wow, has he matured into a real handsome guy from an adorable child. Have a great day.

2. Lauren says

I belonged to Lifetime for less than a year–I went in the beginning and was convinced I would go regularly and swim laps in the pool–that did not happen!! Some of the classes were great–but it was such a pain to go park–put stuff away workout–shower–it was a 2 hour experience…no time for that!! But you should def take advantage when you can:)))

3. says

We registered in store for our wedding, but not for 12-piece sets of anything! We have a few 4 and 8 piece sets of things like dishes and lowball glasses, but most of our registry was cooking ware. Even after registering, we got a lot of cash gifts. But my sister and some of my friends didn’t do regular registries! They did Amazon lists which made it hard to pick out good gifts.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…A Day in the Life of a Running CoachMy Profile

4. says

I just cleaned out some of my cabinets and organized some items as well. It’s crazy how fast they get out of hand!!

My boyfriend’s parents just joined a new gym and offered me a free week pass that they got. It seems so overwhelming with all of the classes that will be offered. It’s a new gym being built so I can’t imagine how nice everything will be. I haven’t decided if I want to take the pass or not.

5. says

I would definitely get lost in your lifetime fitness gym as well! It seems like there are so many good options to utilize for a workout. But currently I just use my colleges gym or our home gym ( I commute).

6. says

OMG Gyms are SO intimidating! I like my campus gym ’cause it’s nice and small and simple, and even so, I literally use NONE of the machines, just go straight back to the mats and maybe grab a couple dumbbells. I think functional workouts are much more fun than machine ones anyway.
    Also, about stained cups, get ready to have your mind blown. My mom uses this neat trick where she takes about a tbsp of baking soda, a little less than that of water to make a kind of paste, and then uses a washcloth to rub the inside of the cup. In less than 3 minutes, it’s good as new. Literally all the annoying coffee/tea stains GONE. You’re welcome 😉
    Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off recently posted…Random Moments of Happiness + Weekly Workout RecapMy Profile

7. says

We have one of these ‘curved’ treadmills at my gym, too and I haven’t been brave enough to try it… what is it good for anyway? I go to the gym 2-3x per week, but I am currently also debating trying a class (but don’t know when or if I have to substitute for running).
    San recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #15My Profile

• says

From what I understand, that type of treadmill isn’t powered, it moves from your movement which makes it a little harder? I think that’s what the story is with that. I may try a class, I still haven’t figured out when but I might!

8. says

My parents go to Lifetime Fitness and it is so intimidating! I went there once using a guest pass. But they are so strict about the passes, I think I can only go once a year or something!
    We definitely didnt register for China, just stuff we “needed”. And looking back, we didnt do a very good job because we didnt have a house yet or know what we would eventually want.

• says

I think it’s hard to know what we need before we have a house or before we are married to see what we are going to use! I would say I did a good job registering, aside from choosing a service of 12 for so many things including the china and silver I have yet to use lol