Lost My Prescription Sunglasses (!!) + One Month Of Running Less + On This Day

thinking out loud

Is this not the best Valentine’s Day card ever from someone like me? If you love onion rings (like I do) this is a sweet card. If you despise onion rings, it’s a mean card. I think it would be fun to give this card to someone who doesn’t know you too well and then they can’t figure out if you love them or hate them. HA.

onion rings valentines card

Did I mention that I lost my sunglasses in Las Vegas last week? Yeah. And it’s really rare that I lose anything.

Remember this pair of prescription sunglasses from a few years ago? You know, the prescription sunglasses I received as part of my review of Pearle Vision? GONE.

Pearle Vision

^ #TBT!!! I’m still wearing that same pink hair tie that’s on my wrist every morning when I run yet I lost my sunglasses?! See what I mean, I really don’t lose things.

Someone must have taken my sunglasses from the bench that I think I left them on last week. I was switching between my glasses and sunglasses (I think) at the time that I put them down on the bench and forgot that I did that!

Why anyone would want prescription sunglasses that belong to someone else is beyond me. I guess they put them on, couldn’t see, but took them anyway because they were Burberry sunglasses and the lenses could be replaced.

Terrible.

It’s hard when you wear prescription sunglasses because you can’t just walk into any store and purchase a new, pretty pair of shades. There are tons of stores that sell sunglasses in Las Vegas!

I had to wait until I got home from Vegas to go over to Eye Works to pick a new pair (similar to my old pair), and then wait a few days until the lenses were ready. Luckily they rushed them for me as they knew it was a dire situation. I live in my prescription sunglasses!

I’m back in business now though and life feels great again.

new sunglasses

^ New coat, new coat! My mom actually bought it for me at J. Crew because they had my size and she thought it was so me. She was right, it’s so me. It’s on sale now if you want one too! 🙂

So it’s been a month now since I started running less. I wanted to be working on a post about how running less certainly hasn’t meant gaining weight – quite the contrary. My clothes continue to fit looser and better than I feel that they did while I was keeping up my mileage between 30-40+ a week for the last five years.

I haven’t had time to really develop that post but it’s on my list and something I will try to work on in the coming days! If anything, more time needs to pass anyway, just to continue to see how running less works for me.

I like this new routine of still working out on a regular basis but running less and spending less time on my workouts in total. If it lasts, I don’t know but for now, I’m in a happy place with my workout routine!

On This Day:

2/1/17: WIAW: PB2, Favorite Salad, Hershey’s Kisses  < – I was just talking about these Hershey’s Kisses yesterday on the blog!

2/1/16: Weekend Stuff & Running Shoe Update

2/1/15: Workout Recap

2/1/14: Sometimes I’m A Pitbull

thinking out loud on the blog today including the best Valentine's Day card, lost my prescription sunglasses plus on this day! #sunglasses #onthisday #valentinesday #running Click To Tweet

Who else wears prescription sunglasses?

Have you ever lost your sunglasses/regular glasses? Do you lose things often?

Onion rings or French Fries?

Comments

1. says

I am terrible about taking care of sunglasses so Ive never invested in good ones and I have never bought prescription ones. I wear contacts all the time and the main reason I don’t wear my glasses is because of wanting to wear sunglasses when I drive. I feel like its all too much to worry about so its just easier to wear contacts and cheap sunglasses!

• says

I’m not sure if my comment on your post yesterday ever posted? It took me a few times to leave it (it was about books) and each time, it would disappear. I tried a few times but I’m not totally sure if it posted. Just wanted to let you know, I have no idea if it was on my end or yours or just the internet causing issue!

2. says

Oh darn, losing glasses sucks. At least if you absolutely need them as I figure is the case for yours, too? Mine are prescription glasses and sunglasses as well. I’ve never lost mine but the frame of my regular model is pretty fragile and has broken multiple times. Are you happy with your new model? Picking new glasses is even harder than picking shoes for me and that says something. Maybe I have commitment issues ;)?
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Currently … January 2018My Profile

3. Lauren says

I have prescription sunglasses that I love—from Warby Parker…I got them in NYC a few years ago and thankfully we now have a Warby—because I just sat on the them in my car…LOL!!

French fries for sure–and my favorite new kitchen toy–the Air Fryer is a complete game changer with fries/tater tots etc!!!

4. says

Definitely french fries, but I do like onion rings! 🙂 I’m really curious to read that post about running less and how it hasn’t led to weight gain; I’m so glad you did that experiment! 🙂

I do have glasses for driving, so I don’t use them all the time, but I know what you mean by losing them. I usually go into a little bit of a panic when I can’t find them for a long time. O_o
    Emily recently posted…Comment on Rachel’s Story: How Instagram Can Influence Orthorexia – Episode 50 by AmandaMy Profile

5. says

I wear Rx glasses every day and I have 3 sunglasses. One black pair, one pink aviator pair, and a running pair 🙂 I take my glasses pretty seriously and thankfully we have awesome insurance so I can get a new pair with no out of pocket expense each year!

I lost a pair of my regular glasses once but of course I found them the day after I ordered a new pair… Oh well, I am still wearing them and I’ve had them for 4 years!

I pretty much love any fried potato or onion 🙂
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Friday’s Favorite RecipeMy Profile

6. says

Hi Meredith,
    Prescription sunglasses are really great, I love always Prescription sunglasses !! The quality of the lens and the fit and finish of the glasses is amazing. I had previously owned several Costa brand sunglasses, and these are by far my favorite