Catching Up + Weekend Eats + Movie Seats

And just like that it’s Wednesday! I hope that everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful holiday with their families and friends.

It’s time for some catching up! Here’s what I’ve been up to (and eating) over the last several days.

The long holiday weekend began with sushi.

sushi sushi

Plus this little molten lava cake which was one of the best I’ve ever had. There was just something about this little chocolate cake that was so perfect and delicious. I really think I tasted chocolate chips somewhere in the cake which made it unusual yet amazing.

molten lava cake

We went to an Islanders game over the weekend. It was SUCH A GREAT GAME. My son is in charge of selecting the tickets from StubHub and he got us right up at the glass and the Islanders played really well without blowing the lead. Let’s not jinx it but playoffs may really be in our future this season.

islanders game

My usual hockey game snack.

popcorn

I got this Islanders sweatshirt for Hanukkah. Isn’t it a nice one? The women’s line of NHL apparel is cut much better for us girls.

islanders sweatshirt

When we aren’t away during Christmas, we always go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner on Christmas Eve.

Rather than bore you with another picture of my favorite salad, how about a picture of the Thai Lettuce Wraps we had as an appetizer?

thai lettuce wraps

On Christmas we did the Jewish thing of movies and Chinese food. While I definitely appreciate the new kind of reclining movie seats, I swear I’m not the right height to benefit from the features. My head hits movie seats in a weird place which makes me nauseous if I don’t readjust and reposition my head to the side of the top part of the seat cushion. Don’t ask. I’m actually better off NOT reclining the seat but then my head flops forward because of the angle and where I hit the cushion. Am I the only one with this movie seats problem? I’m right under 5′ 4″ tall.

movies

Quick shot of the some of the Chinese food while quickly unpacking it from the takeout bag. My son talked me into the cold sesame noodles amongst other things not pictured (we totally over ordered!).

Chinese food

So it’s suddenly bitter cold here in New York with no sign of getting above freezing for at least another week. I haven’t run outside yet this week and highly doubt I will run outdoors again any time in the near future but I am okay with that.

weather

Those morning lows are just TOO LOW for me to be outside. This is why treadmills were invented. 🙂

Catching Up After The Weekend #Isles #hockey #cheesecakefactory #running #winter #chinesefood #weekend Click To Tweet

How was your holiday weekend? If you celebrate Christmas, how was it? What was the best thing you ate?

Anyone else have issues with the reclining movie seats?

Is it too cold right now where you live to run outdoors?

{ 14 comments… add one }
  • Lauren December 27, 2017, 6:44 am

The movie seats comment crack me up–because we went on x-mas and I just can’t recline the seat….I am 5’3…..similar issues to yours!

Luckily have perfect running weather now–I did three miles with kids on their bikes at 5pm yesterday. 6 months from now–that won’t be an option:))) Have to take advantage.

Best thing eaten was a potato gallete (sp) that my mom made on X-mas.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 27, 2017, 8:45 am

See, I knew I wasn’t crazy! I bet we are too short for those types of seats. Jealous of your weather right now!

• Sharon December 27, 2017, 7:02 am

Oooh, that is a nice sweatshirt. I’m going to check out the women’s NHL line. Regular adult size small sweatshirts are always way too big on me. Watched some of that game on TV—that was the Barzal hat trick, right? Awesome!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 27, 2017, 8:14 am

Yes! It was the Barzal game – it was so great. I hope the rest of the season continues like that game lol

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real December 27, 2017, 9:01 am

Those seats for the Islanders game are awesome! Your son did a great job. I think it’s impossible to not over order with Chinese food. At least it gives leftovers for the next day. My issue with the reclining seats at the movies is if the movie is dark then I feel like I’m going to fall asleep.

• Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off December 27, 2017, 12:36 pm

I actually never had that issue, though I’m pretty much the same height as you! Though I usually curl up in kind of a fetal position on the reclining seats LOL so idk if I’m any indication :p
    I don’t REALLY celebrate Christmas, but we have a tradition of me baking gingerbread and making eggnog and watching a Christmas movie, and this year it was Love Actually, which I adore. 🙂
    And OMG, NYC gal here, why is it so dang cold all of a sudden???
    Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday {Winter Break Weekly Eats}My Profile

• Jamie@TheMomGene December 27, 2017, 9:03 pm

I just went to see Star Wars in a theater with reclining seats and I LOVED them! I just curled up like a cat and ordered a milkshake (it was a dine-in theater) and it was bliss!
    Jamie@TheMomGene recently posted…Easing off the MedsMy Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile December 28, 2017, 6:40 am

I think my coldest run this season was on Christmas morning. Even though it was technically colder a few weeks ago, the wind made that run brutal. There was no way I was running outside in Michigan. There was ice everywhere and the high was like 10 degrees or something. I’ll probably run outside again now that Im back, at least until my treadmill arrives!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…The Magic of the Long RunMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 28, 2017, 8:32 am

We saw Star Wars at a theater with reclining seats and I found them really comfortable, but I am also 5’9. We had a really great Christmas and made a delicious prime rib before midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. Best of all, we had a white Christmas here in Seattle of all places!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Friday ThriveMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 29, 2017, 8:35 am

I’m convinced that height has something to do with it. I do not hit the head rest of the seat in the right place lol

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 5, 2018, 1:50 pm

It’s too cold to do anything outdoors right now other than run to the car in order to heat it up. I need a keyless starter. 🙂

Happy New Year!