Cookie Recipe + Still Without My Laptop + Other Stuff

thinking out loud

I’m still working from my son’s MacBook since last week when I spilled tea on my keyboard. The Apple guy who took my MacBook in for the repair had told me I would have my laptop back at the latest this past Tuesday, but I still don’t have it!

Yeah. I won’t complain because at least they could fix it but still, I need my own computer! Sure, I have my cloud of stuff but I can’t load certain features including Skype and I need Skype for work. This whole story is getting old!

And I am still traumatized by the fact that I even managed to spill a full mug of tea across the keyboard. Who does such a thing?! Certainly not me. Or at least I used to think certainly not someone like me.

When my Yogi Tea shipment arrived after the whole laptop incident, I was honestly nervous to make a cup. I’ve been extra careful but nervous anyway like somehow it will happen again.

yogi tea

Have I mentioned that my headphones are broken? I probably haven’t since I forget they are broken until it’s time to run again in the morning and then I am reminded as only one ear bud is working. It’s easily been two weeks, if not more, like this! Ugh. I need a new pair!

My Adidas Energy Boosts are slowing burning out too. It’s really not fair. My latest pair is from July and I’ve been running less mileage than usual which would make you think I could extend their life. But no. I can tell we are slowing burning out and I need a new pair to feel that bouncy Adidas Energy Boost cushion under my feet again.

adidas energy boosts

But what’s interesting is that my alternate pair, the Saucony Rides, have been good to go now for about a year! I realize I run less mileage in this pair yet still, it’s not that much less mileage and a year is a long time.

I had to drop off my car for service yesterday afternoon (and pick up my loaner car) so in the process, my son and I stopped at East Bay Diner. Leave it to us to make this errand and excuse to eat out. 🙂

salad

And there was nothing cuter to me than looking over to see my baby asleep. He used to love to sleep in the car and I swear that’s still his little baby face. I guess he needed a later afternoon nap.

benji

So I don’t bake cookies like I used to and I certainly don’t share recipes like I used to either but I was talking to Laura about cookie recipes recently which made me think of this cookie recipe. I used to play around with coconut flour (now I don’t even have any in the house) and this chocolate chip cookie recipe using coconut flour was delicious. I think you should try this cookie recipe if you are looking to experiment with coconut flour or want a gluten-free/dairy-free cookie.

chocolate chip cookies gluten and dairy free

On This Day:

11/2/16: Halloween Candy & Season’s 52 (WIAW) – This feels like yesterday! I really like Season’s 52, I need to go again for dinner really soon.

11/2/15: Did You Know? (Weekend Recap)  –Mrs. Field’s Brownies still have my heart!

11/2/14: Weekly Workout Recap

Thinking Out Loud! #cookies #diner #dinerfood #salad #yogitea #coconutflour #cookierecipe #thinkingoutloud Click To Tweet

Which headphones do you use while running?

Favorite type of tea?

Do you like to experiment with coconut flour?

{ 15 comments… add one }
  • Samantha November 2, 2017, 7:23 am

That’s how it is with one of my favorite pairs of headphones, so lately I’ve been using my beats. I’ve never been a big fan of tea though, mainly just a coffee drinker! What would you recommend?
    Samantha recently posted…Happy Birthday To MeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 2, 2017, 8:15 am

I was never a tea drinker until i found these two yogi teas! now i try to switch away from coffee in the morning after I have two cups and move on to tea. These two teas and decaf and delicious! I like the Kava Stress Relief and Cinnamon Vanilla. Super mild yet a bit sweet. So good!

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real November 2, 2017, 8:41 am

Taking mundane errands and turning them into an excuse to eat out is totally acceptable. It’s how I motivate myself to get out the door sometimes ha. Maybe you just got an off pair of the Adidas shoes? Once I got a pair of Brooks that starting to rip after about a month. Brooks just sent me a new pair and those had no issue. Sometimes there’s a bad pair that gets sent out, you could try talking to Adidas!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 2, 2017, 8:44 am

My Boosts usually only last 3 – 4 months so they are on target to burn out. I just thought that running a little less would have extended their life a bit more this time! I think i have a few weeks left before I definitely need a new pair.

• Miss Polkadot November 2, 2017, 9:03 am

Thanks for reminding me to put in my Yogi tea order today still. The previous time I put it off for too long and was -this- close to running out. I’m super picky about tea – my favourite and pretty much the only one I drink regularly – is Yogi’s chocolate chili one – so that would have been a bummer.
    Though your laptop still missing is a huger bummer. Dang it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed you’ll get it back soon. Especially regarding work. Have you found a way to still make those Skype calls happen?
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Why I’m not writing a recovery blogMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 5, 2017, 6:35 am

I couldn’t make Skype calls but thankfully other platforms like zoom helped a whole lot!

• Emily November 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Coconut flour can be such a hit or miss for me; I love it because you don’t have to use very much, but sometimes I use too much and I have really dry baked goods. Your cookies look AMAZING!

And I hope you get your computer fixed soon, but that’s a huge blessing that your son has a computer too!
    Emily recently posted…Comment on Naomi’s Story: The Victories of Intuitive Eating and Intuitive Movement by AlyssaMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

Saucony shoes seem to last forever! I’ve had Kinvaras last a long time, especially if I’m rotating them with another shoe. I really should try that cook recipe! I also want to try chocolate chip cookies with teff flour, because the teff made awesome pancakes. I’m going to try AfterShockz headphones soon – I like that they don’t go directly in the ear.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Pace during Speed WorkoutsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 5, 2017, 6:34 am

definitely try the cookies with the cookie flour at some point! Curious what you think of them. I really liked them.

• Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off November 2, 2017, 4:10 pm

My fave headphones to work out in are definitely my Beats. I can confirm they’re wonderful for running as well, and yes, they cost a pretty penny but I think it’s so worth it. You don’t need to constantly adjust them on your head, and the sound quality is unbelievable.
    So I’m a HUGE tea drinker, and often drink about 3 cups of tea a day. My fave morning cup is Harney and Sons Japanese Sencha, fave midday is Republic of Tea matcha powder, and evening definitely toss-up between Harney and Sons pumpkin spice and Harney and Sons vanilla comoro. Those last two are non-caffeinated, and are perfect with a dash of almond milk.
    And yes to coconut flour! Coconut flour baked goods and pancakes are the best!
    Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday {Halloween Edition}My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets November 3, 2017, 12:46 pm

I’ll take any excuse to eat out too, especially if the salad looks like that.

Benji is adorable sleeping. You should have colored a mustache on him to get him back for the pizza incident. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Social Edition (#106)My Profile

• Nicole @ Bento Momentos November 7, 2017, 6:02 pm

That reminds me of the time in 4th grade I was shaking a yogurt drink (and didn’t notice I had already taken off the cap) and I got sticky strawberry yogurt all over the keys. I never drank another one since then. 😛 Those chocolate chip cookies look AMAZING!
    Nicole @ Bento Momentos recently posted…Thankful #3-7: Playing Catch UpMy Profile