Running + What Kind of Bagel Are You + On This Day

thinking out loud

Let’s start today with Heather’s running update!!

She’s up to running 30 minutes straight right now which I KNEW she could do. The best part is that lately she likes to run while talking to me on the phone. I distract her by talking endlessly about new makeup and how I have nothing to wear, can’t find my black leggings and then, as she approaches a mile mark, I cheer her on and say all sorts of things that maybe resemble coaching through childbirth.

You can do it! Just push, you are almost there! And then I throw in the ever classic – It doesn’t get easier you just get stronger!

She then tries to tell me that she needs to walk and catch her breath at which point I say, um hello you are talking to me on the phone and clearly at a conversational pace. I hear no labored breathing so you do not need to catch your breath, you only think that you do. Keep going.

Maybe my new career should be motivational run coaching via ear bud during a runner’s workout.

So what kind of bagel are you?

I spotted this from Newsday and found it to be fairly accurate!

what kind of bagel are you

I am a total cinnamon raisin bagel with all of the characteristics of my other favorite, the whole wheat bagel, too. Egg bagels were never my thing which makes sense to me now because I have zero interest in plants and would never wear mom jeans. Do the mom jeans wearing people realize they are sporting mom jeans? Mom jeans don’t even appear comfortable, let alone flattering in any way. I will never understand.

Rainbow bagels are pretty but filled with food coloring. I don’t want to vlog and will never organize my Instagram library of photos so there’s that. Hey pumpernickel people – how do you not own a television?

On This Day:

Should we discuss that a year ago right now I was tied up in nerves knowing the Bar Mitzvah was only a few days away?! Can we believe it will all be a year ago this weekend?

10/12/16:  What I Ate Wednesday

10/12/15: Isles in Brooklyn, Savory Salads & Apple Crisp

10/12/14: Workout Recap

I pulled this flashback photo from the workout recap post. It’s 3 years later and I am still running in Adidas Energy Boosts! Actually, I think it’s going to be 4 years now of running in my Boosts. Definitely my most favorite running shoes ever. 🙂

treadmill run

So tell me – what kind of bagel are you? Do you fit the descriptions listed for your favorite bagel?

Which running shoes are your current favorite? How long have they been your favorite?

{ 15 comments… add one }
  • Samantha October 12, 2017, 7:30 am

My ultimate favorite bagel is a blueberry bagel, but out of those above a whole wheat one wins! I’d say the description is pretty accurate too! And my favorite running shoes are UA speed form apollo vents, and they’ve been for years now 🙂
    Samantha recently posted…Six Runner StrugglesMy Profile

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real October 12, 2017, 7:51 am

I feel like I’m a mix of whole wheat and everything but also the messy hair characteristic of pumpernickel. That’s so funny how someone put that together. Finding the best running shoes is the best. I’ve been using Brookes Ravennas for almost 7 years now.

• Jamie@TheMomGene October 12, 2017, 8:29 am

You win cinnamon raisin all the way with your glittery sandals that I love (the ones with the bows) ☺️ Can there be a sarcastic mom bagel? Like Cinnamon Toast Crunch? That’d be me.
    Jamie@TheMomGene recently posted…This is Not a Self-Help BookMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2017, 8:39 am

OHH! Which pair with the glitter bows – the pink flats or the heels I wore to the Bar Mitzvah (I love both so thank you for noticing – 🙂 )

• Amanda Brooks October 12, 2017, 10:45 am

I have tried, but just don’t love the boost, maybe I’m missing something!!
    Amanda Brooks recently posted…Why the Runners Nod MattersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 15, 2017, 9:00 am

it’s so funny how our feet are all so different! I love the Boosts but understand not everyone can wear them just like I can’t fall in love with Brooks or Mizuno!

• Marina @ Happy Healing October 12, 2017, 12:53 pm

Haha love the bagel analogy – I’m prob a mix of cinnamon raisin and whole wheat 😉

My current fav running shoes are the Nike Vomero 8’s (I think I’m on my fifth pair?)

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 12, 2017, 2:28 pm

I have a whole wheat bagel, especially if you sub running for the spin class. The Kinvaras are my favorites, but I have also been really enjoying the Saucony Freedoms lately!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Early Season Snow at Mount RainierMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 15, 2017, 8:59 am

I remember loving the color patterns of the freedoms! they just weren’t comfortable enough for my feet, it’s a shame.

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com October 12, 2017, 2:37 pm

im a hybrid between everything and cinnamon raison bagel.
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Quick Baked BeansMy Profile

• Lauren October 12, 2017, 4:08 pm

Whole wheat for sure!!
    Love the Hoka’s….Clifton 4 to be specific!

Have a great day:)

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile October 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

I am whole wheat which is what I always order. However, my skin broke out yesterday which is so random for me! I have no idea why it happened but its really annoying. And I probably won’t beg anyone to come to a spin class with me. But overall, whole wheat is definitely the closest match.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Once a Distance Runner…My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 15, 2017, 8:58 am

and I keep meaning to take a spin class on the weekends and then forget! I really do want to spin more like I used to yet I never get around to it.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

Dear god, I hope I don’t wear mom jeans, although I do love plants. The egg bagel would probably be a last resort for me though. I’m all about the Everything, the pumpernickel and the whole wheat.

Will you be my running coach? 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Translation Edition (#103)My Profile