Craving Eggs + Lots Of Salads

Hi! It’s Wednesday already! Somehow I didn’t get a post up since Sunday which isn’t exactly like me but hey, it happens.

I’m just in time for What I Ate Wednesday so I’m sure nobody minds anyway.

So last week, which you may have caught on my Instagram story, I found myself craving eggs for breakfast. I thought I saved the story as a picture but it saved as a video which I somehow loaded here as a picture and it got caught off. Don’t ask, at least I got it up!

craving eggs

The egg craving only happened for two mornings (maybe three?) but I went with how I was feeling instead of forcing myself to eat oatmeal.

Isn’t it funny how cravings happen and then once you satisfy them, they go away? It’s not that I don’t like eggs, it’s that I really only like them when I actually crave them. I don’t even know if that makes sense to anyone but me.

Anyway, there are a whole lot of salads in my life lately.

I had this cranberry walnut salad for lunch the other day at the Sweet Hollow diner.

salad

And then there was this giant greek salad at the Premier Diner. You know the Premier Diner is my favorite, especially for breakfast!

greek salad

Plus coleslaw and pickle! Diners are the best for the coleslaw and pickle before your meal arrives. 🙂

coleslaw pickle

My favorite pizza and salad dinner combo. This was of course a corner slice of grandma pizza. Always the corner slice!

pizza and salad

Most of my meals when I eat at home involve big salads. I had fallen off the sweet potato train but I think I am back. Roasted sweet potatoes added to a salad with chick peas and avocado are always a good idea.

chickpea sweet potato salad

Then there was this quick salad with chick peas plus half a toasted protein multigrain bagel with avocado.

salad

The best dessert I’ve had recently is this chocolate fudge cake. While my son’s 14th birthday is this Friday, he was in fact born on Yom Kippur in 2003. So, every year on Yom Kippur (the date changes every year according to the Hebrew Calendar) we remember that I was in labor and he was born.

I call it his Hebrew Calendar birthday so we had a small chocolate fudge cake to celebrate Saturday night.

chocolate fudge cake

This chocolate fudge cake was so super delicious, with my idea of perfect ratio of fudge frosting to cake.

chocolate fudge cake

We haven’t quite figured out his birthday cake logistics for this Friday night because it will depend upon where he wants to go for dinner and if that restaurant offers a super delicious dessert. I will certainly keep you posted. 🙂

Thanks to Laura for today’s link up!

Craving eggs + Lots of Salads + chocolate cake #WIAW #eggs #cravings #salads #chocolatecake Click To Tweet

How do you feel about eggs? Do you love them and eat them often or only crave them occasionally?

Any random cravings for breakfast lately?

Do you have a favorite diner near you?

{ 15 comments… add one }
  • Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real October 4, 2017, 7:46 am

That cake looks delicious!! I’m now craving a good piece of chocolate cake lol. Having some salad with pizza always makes me feel like I’m making a healthy choice.

• Anne October 4, 2017, 9:33 am

I am definitely weird about eggs! I’ve never liked most preparations of eggs (scrambled, etc), and I’m mostly vegan, but every now & then, I’ll want an egg, and the preparation must be specific. It has to be a hard-cooked egg with an under-cooked to runny yolk; I don’t like hard-cooked eggs that have a completely cooked/solid yolk. That’s the only way I’ll eat them, and I don’t bake with them.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 4, 2017, 9:34 am

I’m the same way – I really don’t like them but then I enter a craving or a phase but NEVER hard boiled eggs or egg salad < - ick

• Marina @ Happy Healing October 4, 2017, 11:11 am

THAT PICKLE!! I looove pickles 🙂

And that cake looks delicious, too. Hope you have a great hump day!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 4, 2017, 11:53 am

There’s a dinner near us that Ryan and I both love – it’s probably good that it is not too close to us, or we would eat there every Saturday. I am the same with eggs – if I am craving them, then I want them, but they aren’t my go-to currently. I think I overdid them in grad school when they were cheap and quick protein!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…The Benefits of Kettlebells for Runners {Rep Fitness Review}My Profile

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com October 4, 2017, 1:46 pm

I eat eggs everyday. I love them and crave them all the time. I love your big salads! They always look the best to me!
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Florida WIAW #6 Candy Corn StrawberriesMy Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run October 4, 2017, 4:00 pm

I love eggs! I actually just made sweet potatoes with an egg baked into them and then I threw a bit of sriarcha on it. Yummy!

I go between oatmeal, a protein bar, and a smoothie for breakfast but I have to be at work super duper early and I run in the morning. Blah. I do love a good pancake on the weekend though!

We have quite a few diners here but I prefer them mainly for breakfast. There’s one place that serves cinnamon roll french toast and it’s the bomb!

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile October 4, 2017, 7:25 pm

I used to eat eggs every day for breakfast but now its only sometimes on the weekend. I do like eggs but I think I got sick of them after eating them every day for so long!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Month in Review: September 2017My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 5, 2017, 2:11 pm

I can understand that! I think I went. through phases on eggs (or even just egg whites for a while) too

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 5, 2017, 1:26 am

I almost always crave eggs – breakfast or dinner, doesn’t matter. And chocolate cake. Which looks amazing, btw.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…It’s Common SenseMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 5, 2017, 6:14 pm

Earlier today, I smashed the Greek salad craving you inspired. Now I want chocolate cake though. Happy soon to be birthday Bunny.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Soup, Toes, and Weddings (#102)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 8, 2017, 6:52 am

thank you! and I’m glad you satisfied that greek salad craving – it’s always a craving of mine.