What I Ate Wednesday 9/6/17

As my son walked out the door to the school bus stop yesterday morning, I asked him to please make a pledge to himself that he will keep his notebooks organized this school year.

One can hope, right?

I used to get such joy in organizing MY notebooks but that doesn’t mean I want to organize HIS notebooks all year long. Sure, I enjoyed setting them all up for yesterday (can we believe he started high school?!) but I can’t handle when he allows them to get overloaded with unorganized papers or when he blames the mess on the quality of the binder rings.

It’s not the binder rings, it’s him. Why is my child such a school supply mess? Will I still be organizing his notebooks when he goes to college? Doesn’t he know that messy notebooks can lead to a messy mind?!

Breakfast:

My son may have started high school yesterday but I still have his Bob The Builder spoons in the kitchen drawer. I like to use these little spoons for my oatmeal and may never get rid of them. Is Bob The Builder even on television anymore? He loved Bob back in the day. And Handy Manny. Is Handy Manny still on? I am out of touch on the toddler television shows.

oatmeal

Lunch:

Back to making lunch at home which is really fine with me after eating out way too much lately. I realized that I haven’t had roasted potatoes at home in a really long time. So, I roasted a few baby potatoes in the everything but the bagel seasoning to add to my lunch salad with chick peas and avocado.

salad

Dinner:

I don’t even know what is in this bowl. It looks like broccoli, rice and chick peas? Maybe with avocado?

Sometimes that’s the beauty of being a meatless eater. You just sort of wing things and then combine what you see in your pantry and refrigerator. At least I cooked a nice steak dinner for my son.

dinner

Back To Apples!

I am back to eating an apple a day. This is not because I suddenly felt like my old self who wanted to eat at least an apple a day. It’s more because I realized that NOT eating apples isn’t really a good thing. They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away and I don’t want to mess with that.

apple a day

So, back to apples. I still don’t like apples on the same level as I once did but I bought a few pink lady apples and have been heating them up with cinnamon.  I can’t say I LOVE this snack but it’s fine. On my list though is to make my vegan apple crisp to have in the house for a few days as a good snack!

What I Ate Wednesday #wiaw #backtoschool #salad #apples #oatmeal Click To Tweet

Linking up with Laura for What I Ate Wednesday today!

How do you feel about apples? Do you eat at least one a day? Which type of apples are your favorite?

{ 13 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile September 6, 2017, 5:15 am

I used to eat apples every day but Ive stopped for some reason. I actually bought a few this weekend and haven’t eaten any yet! Its probably a good time of year to get back in the habit.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Enjoying The Runner’s HighMy Profile

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real September 6, 2017, 7:46 am

I love apples but I haven’t had one in a while. I’m excited for apple season to really start so I can go pick a ton and eat them all the time. Apples and peanut butter will forever be a go to snack for me.

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com September 6, 2017, 9:24 am

Honeycrips are my absolute favorite. I have been eating them once a day only because I went apple pickng and now have a ton.
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Bed Sheets make a difference and WIAWMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes September 6, 2017, 9:35 am

I eat apples daily when they are seasonal, but once they are well out of season (spring and summer) I don’t want them. Ryan made apple crisp for my birthday and it was so good. That salad looks delicious!
    I was always hyper organized with my school notebooks also, even through grad school.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…CIM Training Week 3My Profile

• Lauren September 6, 2017, 12:49 pm

Obsessed with apples. I was eating way too many—trying to only have one day now. I love Granny Smith–and Jazz when they are in season!! Printed out your vegan apple crisp–can’t wait to try it!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 6, 2017, 1:41 pm

oh you have to let me know how you like it! I think you will love it – it’s so simple yet so good.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 6, 2017, 1:06 pm

We’re not at the toddler television show level yet so I have no idea what’s out there. One day.

I’m obsessed with peaches right now, but it won’t be long before I’m back on the apple train.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Zoos and Road Trips (#98)My Profile

• Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off September 6, 2017, 3:59 pm

OMG that’s so exciting that he started high school! Those four years are…quite the doozy. I feel like they’re some of the most transformative and revealing years. I feel like high school is when I really came to know myself and first began to feel like a real functioning member of society LOL.
    I’m a huge fan of Honeycrisp apples with almond butter or Granny Smith on their own!
    Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday {College Weekend Eats}My Profile

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 7, 2017, 6:35 pm

I am actually eating an apple as I read this! So… yay apples!

It must be a boy thing with school supplies. I always have mine color coded and organized. Yet I was less enthusiastic about the school work part. Ha!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Recovering from ACL Surgery, Month 1My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 9, 2017, 11:51 am

I think it’s definitely a boy thing. I loved organizing and playing with my school stuff!