Mercury Retrograde Is Making A Mess (TOL)

Suzy had the baby! I am so super excited for her, her little boy is just perfect. 🙂

thinking out loud

I’ve tried really hard to pretend that Mercury Retrograde wasn’t going to affect me this time around.

mercury in retrograde

Sometimes I wish I didn’t know about this Mercury Retrograde thing or that it super affects us Gemini’s.

Mercury Retrograde tends to affect technology, contracts, moods, weather, communication, relationships and travel plans. Do not even try to communicate about anything of importance because your conversations won’t come across accurately to reflect what you are feeling.

There’s no question that this retrograde affected the weather in Texas and it  definitely affected my technology and my mood. It always puts me in a PMS frame of mind minus the actual PMS.

Have you noticed that my blog looks different? I did a routine blog update recently and it removed my theme while also screwing up my ads and side bar. The checkered pattern from my background was suddenly gone and replaced with a white background that I didn’t ask for. I’m not really complaining though because I ultimately decided to keep the white but needed help from a super nice techy person to fix everything else.

Then my dishwasher overflowed with water and something went wrong with my kitchen sink (I guess because they are connected) so that was really fun the other morning. I woke up to water everywhere AND remnants of peanut butter and powdered sugar all over the kitchen. The peanut butter mess wasn’t from Mercury, that was from my son deciding to try to make his own peanut butter cups while I was sleeping. I just wish he would have picked a different time to experiment with peanut butter and powdered sugar other than the same time as the dishwasher flooding the kitchen.

I’m ready for school to start. YEAH. It’s time. The kid is cute and all but I’ve reached the point where he just needs to go to school. Or get himself a job.

In order to conserve my sanity and energy, I now resort to only responding to my son with emoji’s.

Benji text

You know I can certainly make eggs right? He’s clearly at the age where not only am I embarrassing to be seen with, I can’t do anything right. That’s fine with me. I didn’t want to make him eggs anyway.

On This Day:

8/31/16: What I Ate Wednesday

8/31/15: 8 Weekend Things To Tell You

Surviving Mercury Retrograde #thinkingoutloud #mercuryretrograde Click To Tweet

Are you familiar with Mercury Retrograde? If not, I’m sorry I now brought it to your attention since it happens three times a year.

Any other bloggers notice issues doing updates recently that affected their blog layout?

{ 7 comments… add one }
  • Gretchen August 31, 2017, 8:12 am

I can usually tell when Mercury is in retrograde because it messes with me, but luckily things seem to be fine this time around (knock on wood). Your son’s texts always crack me up..he’s so sassy!
    Gretchen recently posted…Buffalo Creek Training Week 2My Profile

• Emily August 31, 2017, 9:02 am

Hmm…. I haven’t had blog issues, but I did have podcast issues (however, they weren’t related to Mercury retrograde.) It’s interesting that you shared that about Mercury retrograde. I just looked at it, and I’m not a fan of astrology, but…. I do know sometimes that the position of the planets can affect things on earth. Ti’s amazing how God made each planet with a different purpose.
    Emily recently posted…Comment on Week In Review: Healing, Hiatuses, Happiness…. by Kristy from Southern In LawMy Profile

• Nicole August 31, 2017, 11:54 am

LOL Benji kills me; I love your stories about him. Sorry about all the mess you’ve been dealing with, but it’s almost over!
    Nicole recently posted…August FavoritesMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 31, 2017, 5:12 pm

Benji cracks me up. The thing is, I could see myself being the teenager who tried a baking experiment in the middle of the night and left a mess. My mom doesn’t let me live down the time I tried to make kale chips and she thought some rodent died in the garage.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mental Workouts for Runners {Run It}My Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile August 31, 2017, 7:48 pm

I had so many technology problems this week! I had all these presentations at work and something went wrong for all of them. Now at least I know there is an explanation for it.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…The Pros and Cons of my Gym MembershipMy Profile

• Jamie@TheMomGene August 31, 2017, 9:05 pm

A few months ago my site went down and came back up with a blank background and I kept mine too. Cheers to the minimalist look. How’s this for Retrograde…my 3-yr-old got suspended from Mother’s Day Out for two weeks as positive potty training. Seriously.
    Jamie@TheMomGene recently posted…If You Love Your OB/GYN, Book Your Next 20 Years of Appointments NowMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 5, 2017, 12:24 pm

I like the white background. It looks clean and fresh, although I feel your pain on the other stuff. Hang in there, school must start soon.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Zoos and Road Trips (#98)My Profile