New 7 Mile Workout

I am so excited to share this new 7 mile workout that I created. I’ve run a combination of it now a few times and I really think you will love it!

This 7 mile workout makes the miles you run fly by while combining both easy efforts with more challenging efforts.

Most importantly, this workout meets all of my running requirements:

It’s Engaging. This workout keeps you mentally involved in your run rather than leave you waiting for the miles to be completed. By focusing on what comes next, you are totally lost in your workout rather than left with time to think about when it will be over.

Challenging yet manageable. Running this workout gives you the opportunity to pick up your pace and work hard while providing enough recovery windows which allow you to catch your breath and keep from overdoing anything.

Customizable. This 7 mile workout is structured fairly loosely which means you can choose your effort level and pace for the working sections. You can also lengthen the distance or shorten the workout based upon your time constraints.

Run outside or on the treadmill. Easily run this workout outside or follow the pattern inside on the treadmill! I love this part because it means I can use this workout throughout the year, including in the winter when I run mostly on the treadmill.

Okay let’s take a look at the workout details!

7 mile workout

See what I mean?!

This new 7 mile workout is straight forward and easy to remember. That’s another important part to creating workouts for me – I want to be able to remember what is next. Sometimes you come across a really involved workout and I always wonder what people do to remember the steps. Do you write it on your hand? Carry it listed in your phone?

This workout is easy to remember while running, I promise! And, this workout allows you to decide how you want to handle the effort sections. Maybe you just want to pick up your pace a notch above easy. Or maybe you want to be specific by picking up your pace to run at half marathon pace, 10K pace or 5K pace. Totally up to you! Mix the miles up and practice all of your paces!

Feel free to shorten or extend this workout pattern too. Extend the warm up miles, middle miles or finish with a hard effort. This workout is super versatile which I love about it. It’s nice when you can follow a plan yet have your own personal flexibility based upon what you are in the mood to run.

Please let me know if you try this workout or if you have any questions!

More workouts of interest!

Run By Time Tempo Workout

Fun Running Workout

60 Min Speed Interval Treadmill Workout

Treadmill Workout Round Up

New 7 Mile Workout! Let Me Know If You Try It! #run #running #runner #workouts #fitness #fitfluential Click To Tweet

How do you remember the workouts with involved steps? Do you write it down? Use your phone?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Suzy August 22, 2017, 8:44 am

OH! I like this one! I can’t seem to do ANY type of hard efforts first thing in the morning (it’s only 5:30 here right now) but this is something I can definitely do later on in the day when I get to run a bit later. Love it!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage Monday and Week in ReviewMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 22, 2017, 8:58 am

Im so glad you like it – let me know if you try it! I ran it again this morning and really enjoyed it.

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real August 22, 2017, 8:58 am

I’m going to keep this workout written down for the winter when it’s too cold/icy to run outside. Seems like a great workout to do on a treadmill to keep your mind off the fact that you’re running on a treadmill.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 22, 2017, 9:00 am

I definitely think it’s perfect for the treadmill! and even when outside, the time just goes by so fast.

• Marina @ Happy Healing August 22, 2017, 10:08 am

Looks like an awesome workout, and seems like it’d go by really quickly! I’m gonna bookmark it for the treadmill once my foot is completely healed 🙂 thanks!!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 22, 2017, 1:34 pm

Looks like a fun workout! I used to use an interval timer app to remember workouts or write them out on paper and take it to the treadmill, but now I make the workouts in Garmin and send them to my watch. It’s so much easier than trying to remember!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…CIM Training Week 1My Profile

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com August 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

pinned it to try!
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Turmeric ChickenMy Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run August 22, 2017, 3:57 pm

That looks like a great run. I love when I change things up, especially while running!

If I’m running on the treadmill, I usually have my workout written down or on my phone. If I’m outside (about 90% of the time) I program my workout into my Garmin. It’s seriously the best ever 🙂 It’ll beep and vibrate when I need to change my pace and I can even program a certain pace range that I want to stay in and it’ll beep/vibrate if I get too far out of that range.

Today is an easy, albeit stupid hot, 5.5 miles. I’m running after work with my kiddos that I coach and we can run outside as long as it’s under 100 degrees and today is predicted to be 99. Fun times!
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Monday Musings & GoalsMy Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile August 22, 2017, 5:56 pm

I cant wait until Im back to being able to do workouts again. This looks like a good one!!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Charleston Trip Recap: Food, Drinks, and RelaxationMy Profile

• Samantha August 22, 2017, 8:28 pm

Usually if I am following an intricate workout, I’ll screenshot it and make it my lock screen wallpaper that way I can see it whenever I need to remember whats next! I love the workout plan that you made up though, it looks engaging which makes me want to try it! Today was a speedy day of 8 miles 4 at goal pace!