Monday In Meals (WIAW 8.9.17)

Oh, hi. I’ve got my Monday in meals today for What I Ate Wednesday!

Breakfast:

I woke up tired and starving. Last week’s workouts really amped up my appetite over the last few days! It’s really been a while since I felt that true bottomless pit feeling in my stomach that can come from running.

I had my usual small bowl of oatmeal with coffee before my run and then my favorite post-run cold bowl of oatmeal (with blueberries, strawberries, sea salt, cinnamon and peanut butter) after my run. Taking pictures of either bowl of oatmeal just didn’t happen. I meant for it to happen, and then it didn’t.

I’m trying to get back in the habit of working from Panera a few mornings a week so I pushed myself out the door after a conference call.

panera coffee

Lunch:

After a couple of hours at Panera, I came home and made a big plant-based power bowl.

This power bowl contained roasted broccoli and red onions with chick peas, avocado plus leftover Trader Joe’s brown rice medley and spiralized carrots.

It was so good and really hit the spot.

plant based power bowl

Dinner:

We went to a greek restaurant for dinner and started with some sort of hummus  platter. We chose three types of hummus although I think one of them wasn’t a hummus at all. I am not even sure, I just know I really liked all three dips that arrived on the hummus platter.

hummus platter

Greek salad for me because I’m obsessed with feta cheese these days.

greek salad

And then a stop at Red Mango. Those dark chocolate chips when combined with the Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola gets me every time. 🙂

red mango

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating via Sprint 2 The Table today for What I Ate Wednesday!

Monday in Meals! #WIAW #Monday #powerbowl #oatmeal #redmango #greeksalad #hummus #recenteats Click To Tweet

How has your appetite been lately? Not so hungry, regular,  bottomless pit at times? Do you find it to be directly linked to your workout routine?

Favorite type of hummus?

What’s on today’s workout agenda? I will be running a 7 mile fartlek run!

{ 9 comments… add one }
  • Suzy August 9, 2017, 8:55 am

I’ve been eating in the middle of the night more than during the day because of the smoke and the heat! I have zero appetite during the day. I’ve also been craving chocolate cake like crazy, which is weird because I’m not a huge cake person but there’s a place I know that sells a super dense cake that I need to go visit soon!
    Suzy recently posted…Pregnant and Running: 36 Week UpdateMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 9, 2017, 9:04 am

omg I wish you lived closer so we could get that cake together – you know I love a dense chocolate cake!

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run August 9, 2017, 8:56 am

That hummus looks amazing!! I pretty like all types of hummus, but I love ones that have a little spice! Tzaziki is also super yummy!

Today is an easy 5. I have a 1/2 this week (Hell of A Half – and it is!) so I’m taking it a bit easy this week.
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…WIAWMy Profile

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com August 9, 2017, 10:07 am

That power bowl looks darn good! I haven’t met a hummus I don’t like. Anything super garlic is usually my favorite, just don’t come to close to me afterwards.
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Cauliflower Cherry and Walnut SaladMy Profile

• Marina @ Happy Healing August 9, 2017, 4:45 pm

Wow, looks like such a delicious day of eats. Greek salads are my favorite!

I think my favorite kind of hummus is Sriracha carrot hummus (I forget the brand, but I find it in the supermarket and it tastes SO good).

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 9, 2017, 4:59 pm

Hummus is one of my absolute favorite foods! I will always choose it as an appetizer or small meal if it’s available. My appetite is linked to my running – I will want to eat so much more when training than not. Although the heat makes me not want to eat as much, either. It’s just too warm for a big meal some days!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Training Paces for Running: What They Are and How to Use ThemMy Profile

• Emily August 9, 2017, 7:30 pm

My appetite has been so steady in the past few months; I’m actually really thankful for that because of struggling so much with no appetite/raging appetites as my body was healing from an ED. It’s such an evidence that my body is healed to the point of not thinking much about my appetite but just eating when I’m hungry.

You are the queen of powerful salads. LOVE of all of God’s beautiful greens in one bowl with all the toppings!
    Emily recently posted…Why the Theory of Macro Evolution Devalues LifeMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 12, 2017, 2:54 pm

I’m all about the Greek salads right now too. Give me a cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and feta and it’s bliss.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Meals, Medical Issues and Retail Therapy (#94)My Profile

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 13, 2017, 12:44 pm

That hummus platter looks amazing! My favorite hummus is this spinach hummus made by a company called Roots. They’re based in North Carolina, but I used to get it at the Atlanta Whole Foods. They don’t have it in Cali… so sad!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Potential Health Benefits of Drinking CoffeeMy Profile