Best Places For Zucchini Noodles In New York

Zucchini noodles, zoodles, zucchini pasta. Take your pick of the terms to use to describe spiralized zucchini.

So it’s known by now that I like to dine out a whole lot. However, dining out doesn’t have to be heavy meals or processed junk. I tend to stick to meals packed with vegetables and that doesn’t always mean ordering a salad!

Enter zucchini noodles.

Many restaurants in New York are now catering to food trends and their client’s desires by offering zucchini noodles. Spiralized zucchini is being served as a pasta alternative almost everywhere I go. And when I don’t see it listed on a menu, I wonder why the restaurant is so behind on food trends!

Here are a few of the best places for zucchini noodles in New York that I have enjoyed.

Bella Note

I recently had dinner at Bella Notte and got excited to see zucchini noodles on the menu. I asked for the zucchini bolognese to be made as zucchini primavera. Served in a marinara sauce, this is usually my favorite way to enjoy this dish.

zucchini primavera noodles

Salt On The Water

I love that Salt added this zucchini noodle primavera to their menu for this season! They were a little more creative than the other restaurants with this dish as it’s cooked in garlic and oil with roasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese. I just loved it.

zucchini noodle primavera

Vincent’s Clam Bar

I’ve been going to Vincent’s Clam Bar since I’m a kid and even purchase their tomato sauce by the case to use at home. Anything covered in Vincent’s sauce is delicious and their zucchini linguine is no exception. It’s sautéed with their famous sauce plus the additions of mozzarella and Romano cheeses.

zucchini marinara

There have been times though that I go to Vincent’s and ask for the zucchini linguine to be made primavera with extra vegetables too.

zucchini primavera

Cirella’s

Cirella’s Restaurant (they own Surf’s Out in Fire Island too!) has a whole section of the menu featuring zucchini options. They make zucchini ribbons and offer a variety of ways to have zucchini while also offering it as a pasta substitute. I last had the zucchini primavera for my birthday a couple of years ago. I really need to get back there!

Andrea’s 25

I am super annoyed that I don’t have a great picture from Andrea’s 25 because I LOVE ordering their zucchini entrees. They have a section of the menu featuring a few different ways to have zucchini (with vegan options too!) and all of them look good! Andrea’s 25 is really good about customizing your order. They are happy to make swaps and additions whenever you ask.

zucchini noodles

As a side note, it’s totally fine to ask your server if menu items can be customized. Of course I understand that you don’t want to be too annoying yet at the same time, making simple swaps and additions may better serve you. Most restaurants want to cater to their customers so don’t be shy! If you are a meatless eater but like what you see aside from the chicken or steak listed as an ingredient, ask if it can be left our or replaced. I do it all of the time. 🙂

Best places for zucchini noodles in New York #zucchini #zoodles #restaurants #newyorkeats… Click To Tweet

Do you ever order zucchini noodles in restaurants?

Do you make your own spiralized zucchini?

Favorite restaurant lately?

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Lesq August 2, 2017, 7:25 am

I like at Andrea’s. I have eaten at the one in Westchester, near my home, but find the space to not be as nice as the Long Island one. They are eager to please and will change any dish around. My family laughs because I never keep a dish as is but always tweet it to what I need. the places I eat are always willing to accommodate.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 2, 2017, 8:07 am

We like the Woodbury location ambiance wise over the Commack location but sometimes we think the Commack location is a better experience. Either way, i love their food!

• Suzy August 2, 2017, 9:09 am

I’ve never had spiralized anything before! It seems super popular now. I guess it’s a good way to get in some extra veggies!
    Suzy recently posted…Pregnant and Running: 35 Week UpdateMy Profile

• Tracy August 2, 2017, 9:37 am

These look amazing! Lol – I wish someone would write a post like this about my neighborhood…maybe next time you are in Palm Beach Gardens…

• patrick@looneyforfood.com August 2, 2017, 11:16 am

I spiralze everything! I have never been to a restaurant that offers zucchini noodles but that is cool that they are starting to.
    patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…First day of vacation WIAWMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 2, 2017, 11:27 am

I have never had zucchini noodles – I usually go for spaghetti squash instead. I should probably try zoodles, especially for when it’s too hot to roast spaghetti squash!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Running When Sick and When to RestMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 3, 2017, 11:33 am

I think I now prefer the zucchini noodles, they sit better in my stomach than spaghetti squash.

• Marina @ Happy Healing August 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Yum!! Great post. I usually spiralize my own zucchini noodles, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in a restaurant near me!

Have a great Wednesday 🙂

• Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off August 2, 2017, 2:04 pm

Awesome post! I’ve recently fallen in love with zoodles, and I had no idea that so many places have jumped on the bandwagon!
    The only place I’ve tried them at so far in NYC was Grey Dog Cafe, and that was really really good! It had pesto and parmesan and tomatoes, yum.
    Nicole @ Laughing My Abs Off recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday {Best Pancakes and Ice Cream}My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 12, 2017, 10:14 am

So I finally broke down and bought a spiralizer to use on my kohlrabi and let me say, I totally get the craze now. First of all, it made the kohlrabi a hundred times more palatable and I used it on my zucchini too. It was also super tasty so I’m all about this new trend.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Meals, Medical Issues and Retail Therapy (#94)My Profile