Craving Pickles, Using Emoji’s, New Favorite Quote (TOL)

Please excuse me for totally failing to mention Global Running Day in yesterday’s birthday recap post.

I told you I was tired. When I am tired, I forget things very easily.

So hi. Happy belated Global Running Day!

I hope you had a great run to celebrate! I ran 6 miles.

thinking out loud

I’ve been craving and eating a lot of pickles lately.

Of course your first thought is that I’m pregnant. You do realize that people are allowed to be craving and eating pickles for reasons other than pregnancy, right?

I can assure you that I am not pregnant. In fact, I had my period earlier this week which collided with my birthday for the first time, I am convinced, in my life! I swear, I can’t recall another birthday where my cycle interfered. I may forget some things, but this is something I would remember.

Back to my pickle cravings.

While it’s possible that part of my pickle cravings last week stemmed from PMS, I actually attribute my pickle cravings lately to adjusting to running in the warmer weather. As the temps heat up, my sodium requirements go up too. My body lets me know I need more sodium by giving me salt cravings which right now, means pickles.

I love sour pickles. Not half sour or dill, I want the super sour pickles. Like the kind they have in the bowls at Ben’s? That’s the kind I love.

Anyway.

Remember when I would share funny text conversations from my son?

Here’s a classic text from this week for you. Do you agree with him? Is there an age-limit to using emoji’s?

text

This is my new favorite quote! I’m pretty sure I nodded my head immediately in agreement as soon as I saw it on Instagram the other day. #sotrue

Confessions:

1- I threw out six overripe bananas instead of doing something creative with them. Yes, I could have at least put the bananas in the freezer for future use but that required way too much effort.

2- The top rack of dishes in my dishwasher didn’t get clean this week and I was secretly thrilled because it meant I didn’t have to put them away yet.

On This Day:

6.8.16: WIAW – In A Food Mood

6.8.15: Birthday Weekend Highlights

craving pickles, confessions & on this day #thinkingoutloud #cravings #pickles #onthisday Click To Tweet

Anyone else ever crave pickles? What kind of pickles do you like best?

Have any confessions to share today?

Do you use emoji’s often? Which are your favorite?

{ 17 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile June 8, 2017, 5:12 am

I’ve never liked pickles so it would be super strange if I was ever interested in even trying one! Ive also thrown out ripe bananas and I always regret it when I want to use a frozen one in a smoothie and they are all gone.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Global Running Day 2017My Profile

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong June 8, 2017, 7:09 am

I love pickles, especially fried pickles! And never too old for emoji’s! 😉
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday, Meal Prep EditionMy Profile

• Lesq June 8, 2017, 7:10 am

Bens pickles are the best!!! We have gone to Bens forever, but have you gone to Bens Best on Queens Blvd? It’s great!!! Also going to Hillstone–We made a reservation. My daughter and son call me the emoji queen because I use them all the time. They make texting a blast. Have a great day.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2017, 7:24 am

no I haven’t been to that bens! make sure you let me know what you order at hillstone – which location are you going to? midtown or park avenue south?

• Jamie@TheMomGene June 8, 2017, 8:30 am

I love fresh pickles…like, just pickled cucumbers straight out of the jar! I get them at the farmer’s market along with fresh donuts just off the truck (yes, we have a donut truck at the market). My favorite emoji is the dancing girl…love her. I think I might envy an emoji for having more fun than me. P.S. I ordered that ruffled sleeve shirt from Gap because of you and love it!
    Jamie@TheMomGene recently posted…What the Very Young and the Very Old Do for Us in the MiddleMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 8, 2017, 8:33 am

oh yay! I am so glad to hear that! I think it comes in other colors so grab them when on sale!

• Suzy June 8, 2017, 9:14 am

I used to never use emojis because I felt that my writing should be good enough without having some goofy yellow face punctuating the emotion I was trying to portray, etc. I was a snob, and I was also told that people thought I was grumpy and rude and they couldn’t tell if I was kidding or not, so I started using them. Although, my favourite emoji would have to be the eggplant.

😉
    Suzy recently posted…Let’s Share Your MercedesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 10, 2017, 6:06 am

I think over time we start to realize that the emoji’s can be fun. but I totally understand why you didn’t feel the need to add them! Agreed.

• Emily June 8, 2017, 9:33 am

I love that quote because I often am enjoying those moments too much to share them on social media, and I think that’s ok. 🙂

My mom loves pickles so I can understand that pickle craving. I love dill pickles a lot!
    Emily recently posted…I Just Want to Eat: It’s Food. Nourishment.My Profile

• Caitlin June 8, 2017, 9:59 am

Thanks for sharing! Your quote from your son is hilarious! My confession this week is that I have a lot of cooked vegetables that I’m worried I might not eat before I go out of town. I hate wasting food, but with work events I haven’t been home for dinner much.

• Marissa June 8, 2017, 11:21 am

Oh my, I wish I didn’t have to run the dishwasher so often, but with 5 of us and eating 3 meals at home during summer break, that won’t happen 🙂

I pretty much love all types of pickles.

I keep waking up before my alarm! Not a big deal, but it’s summer and I don’t have to be at cross country practice until 6am most days and I keep waking up at like 4. What in the heck?
    Marissa recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 10, 2017, 6:04 am

I hate when that happens! It must just be a pattern for now, hopefully it changes and you sleep later!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 8, 2017, 11:23 am

Oh no, the banana abuse. I’ll let it slide this time because you’re only human and I too may have pitched a banana in my lifetime. Shh, it’ll be our little secret.

You’re never too old for emojis.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Airing My GrievancesMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes June 8, 2017, 11:50 am

I crave pickles in summer also! I keep meaning to make my own so I can make them really good and sour. Ryan and I send each other gifs all the time rather than emojis (we use the Google Keyboard) and it cracks me up.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Sourdough Whole Wheat Pita BreadMy Profile