Five Guys Veggie Sandwich & Other Recent Eats

Rather than a traditional What I Ate Wednesday post, I have a good round-up of recent eats to share.

I am still eating my English muffins with peanut butter for breakfast but then randomly I will wake up wanting oatmeal.

This bowl of oatmeal contains lots of berries, both frozen blueberries and fresh strawberries. Do you know I never went back to buying fresh blueberries after a stomach virus well over a year ago? I know, I am nuts.

However, I do like frozen blueberries. And, as the weather gets warmer, my bowls of oatmeal cooler. Especially when I add strawberries to the mix, I like to eat my oatmeal cold and it’s delicious. I also add Skoop B-Strong and peanut butter.

oatmeal

Of course I can make a salad at home but I really like Chopt lately. I got my usual mix of romaine, spinach, charred onions, spicy peppers, quinoa, avocado and beets. Maybe tomatoes too.

chopt salad

See. I can make a salad at home. This is a basic greek salad with avocado and diced sweet potatoes. I knew that I needed carbs for running so I figured adding the sweet potatoes to the salad was a great idea.

greek salad with sweet potatoes

Dinner at Villa Monte for my most favorite slice of whole wheat vegetable pizza.

villa monte

I took the kids (kids as in my son and his friend) to Five Guys recently. Five Guys has a veggie sandwich which consists of all the sautéed veggies on a roll like mushrooms, peppers, onions and what not.

The kids were nice enough to let me share the french fries too. As you know, I am an onion rings person, not a fries person, but I do like Five Guys french fries. I seek out the crispy fries but even the not crispy fries are good.

Five Guys veggie sandwich

There was also lettuce, tomato, pickles and ketchup on my veggie sandwich. You can get the veggie sandwich with cheese but I don’t love cheese unless it’s on pizza. So no cheese for me.

five guys veggie sandwich

Nothing crazy in the dessert department these days. Aside from this slice of chocolate fudge cake over the weekend, I’ve just been eating Trader Joe’s dark chocolate or spoonfuls of peanut butter at night. I know that I mentioned having an apple with peanut butter recently but since that apple, I haven’t wanted another. It’s still so strange to me (and must be strange to long time readers too!) but I am just totally off apples right now!

chocolate cake

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating in the WIAW link up!

What have you been mixing into your oatmeal lately?

Do you have Five Guys near you? Which burger places in your area are your favorite?

Which foods are you currently not eating that you used to eat every day?

{ 20 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile April 19, 2017, 5:41 am

I dont think Ive ever eaten at a Five Guys. Those fries look really good! I havent eaten eggs in a few weeks (which I used to eat every day) Ive been all about the smoothies for breakfast lately!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…7 Mistakes To Avoid At Your Next RaceMy Profile

• Lesq April 19, 2017, 7:32 am

I love chop’t there is one right by me and I go often. It’s a great lunch option. I had one green apple at the beginning of the fall and associate it with a sinus infection/headache I had that day and never touched one again. They are totally off limits in my food cravings. Funny because I use to eat one once per day. Now I eat strawberries and papayas and blueberries in season which if you sneeze is over. Good fresh, local blueberries I think were around for about four weeks last summer so I guess frozen is the way to go. I don’t make to big a deal anymore about my options. I have happy, busy days and keep kitchen domestication is not my “reason to be. ” i do however do great laundry lol.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2017, 8:00 am

can you please do my laundry? lol. I keep saying that I am hardly domesticated – I just put on a really good act!

• Melis April 19, 2017, 8:28 am

I had no idea you can get that sandwich at Five Guys!! Wow, I’d try it with cheese. I also like their fries- but I prefer the super crispy ones.
    Melis recently posted…Day In the Life  (WIAW Working Mom Edition)My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes April 19, 2017, 8:33 am

Food definitely goes in phases for me, which I think is normal – the body’s way of getting a variety of nutrients and flavors. Right now I am mixing shredded carrots and chopped apples or bananas and berries into my oats.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Qualify for the Boston Marathon: Beyond the Usual AdviceMy Profile

• Emily April 19, 2017, 9:50 am

LOVE Five Guys; their burgers are so simple and delicious. And my favorite oatmeal topping will always be nut butter, but I like yogurt too.

Have you ever gone to Sweet Green? I haven’t, but I’ve seen that they have epic amazing delicious salads that you can have them make for you.

🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2017, 9:51 am

i haven’t had sweet green! we have more chopt locations here than sweet green. I don’t think sweet green opened on the island but I think there’s one in the city? not sure.

• Tamar April 19, 2017, 9:59 am

Love Villa Montes Veggie Pizza, it’s the best!!!

• Suzy April 19, 2017, 10:05 am

Oh I love Five Guys! I know you don’t eat meat so this will be extra gross to you, but did you know that in Canada, we never ever have pink in the middle of our burgers? When we go down to the States, we’ll order a burger and then they ask us how we want it done. SO GROSS!!!!! If we ever had pink in the middle of our burger up here, we’d send it back! Anyway. Fun fact. And you’re killing me with that fudge cake. We don’t have that kind of cake anywhere around here, so now I’m thinking of a way to try and make it myself!
    Suzy recently posted…Pregnant and Running: 20 Week UpdateMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2017, 10:06 am

ha! and when I did eat meat, I always ordered it medium – I like it pink! same for my steak

• Evangeline April 19, 2017, 10:41 am

I didn’t know Five Guys had a veggie sandwich. It sounds delicious. I’m all about some dark chocolate or nut butter for a pre-bed snack. Perfect combo.

• patrick@looneyforfood.com April 19, 2017, 10:58 am

I have never trie five guys even thought there is one close to me. That cake looks ridiculous and now I want chocolate cake.
    patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Carrot Cake Egg Crepes, High Protein and Low CarbMy Profile

• Gretchen April 19, 2017, 11:34 am

I used to love five guy’s burgers so I’ll have to try this version! I had no idea they had that option but it sounds great. I always loved the sauteed mushrooms 🙂
    Gretchen recently posted…Gettysburg Marathon Training : Go TimeMy Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run April 19, 2017, 3:21 pm

I actually mix Vega protein & greens powder in my oatmeal so I can get some protein 🙂

That pizza and chocolate cake look awesomesauce!
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Spring GoalsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 20, 2017, 8:10 am

I like Vega! I usually get Vega when I run out of Skoop and have to wait for it to be shipped to me.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets April 24, 2017, 10:27 am

There’s something about getting a salad out versus making it at home. I wish we had a Chopt nearby.

I like cheese on everything. 🙂 I had no idea 5 guys had a veggie burger. I might actually go there again now, especially because I do like their fries.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Positives of the Plague (#80)My Profile

• Devin August 8, 2017, 11:00 pm

Omg where on earth did you get that cake from? I need it!