Rotating Breakfast, Passover & Macaroons

It’s been a nice week so far with my son off from school for Passover and Spring Break. No early morning wake ups or rushing out the door needed! Although, the weather has been PERFECT so running in the morning has been a pleasure. I ran in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday!

Anyway, I believe today is Wednesday (really, I am so thrown off) so let’s take a look at what I ate on Monday.

Breakfast:

I’ve actually been rotating breakfast again! I really do go through breakfast phases and right now, I think I like switching between some days oatmeal, some days English muffins with peanut butter.

I usually have half my English muffin before I run and then half right after I get back home and have showered.

english muffin with peanut butter

Lunch:

I had enough salad ingredients left to make a quick salad for lunch while cooking for Passover.

salad

In this salad is roasted asparagus, tomatoes, brown rice, quinoa, lentils and feta cheese.

Dinner:

We went to my parents for the first night of Passover. I am always responsible for roasting the vegetables and potatoes. I don’t even try to get creative anymore for Passover, I just stick to the basics and what works.

roasted vegetables and potatoes

Pictures from actual dinner didn’t happen but there were the traditional foods like matzoh, gefilte fish and brisket.

Dessert:

I really could have skipped straight through dinner to dessert for the chocolate-covered macaroons.

chocolate covered macaroons

My dad got a mix of chocolate-covered chocolate macaroons and chocolate-covered chocolate chip macaroons. I can’t even say which I prefer. Some years I like the chocolate macaroons and some years I prefer the chocolate chip. As long as they are chocolate-covered, I don’t really care.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

What I Ate on Monday #WIAW #Passover #macaroons #salad #recenteats Click To Tweet

Do you eat the same thing for breakfast every day or do you like to switch things up?

What is your favorite breakfast to eat?

If you celebrate Passover, do you have a favorite type of macaroon or other Passover dessert?

{ 14 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile April 12, 2017, 6:03 am

I was eating frittatas for breakfast every day for a LONG time (years?) but last week I switched to smoothies. I suddenly got so tired of the same breakfast and needed a change. Plus I like being able to add random stuff to my smoothies. Your roasted veggies always look so good!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…The Benefits of Collagen and Gelatin for RunnersMy Profile

• Melis April 12, 2017, 7:14 am

I admit I do eat oatmeal nearly every day for breakfast. I used to eat egg whites but I’ve switched over this winter! And I love it!

I’m a plain or chocolate macaroon girl. As long as it’s not dark chocolate, I’m a fan!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes April 12, 2017, 9:17 am

I eat oatmeal every weekday for breakfast, but I like to switch it up on weekends to bagels, whole grain pancakes, eggs, or something different. Those chocolate macaroons look so good!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Add Speedwork Without Getting InjuredMy Profile

• Lauren April 12, 2017, 9:37 am

YUM! My mom made chocolate chip meringues. TO DIE FOR! I will definitely be making more of them ASAP!!!

Happy Passover!! Do you keep it? Matzo and I don’t get along–kills my tummy so I don’t:((

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 12, 2017, 11:14 am

Happy Passover to you too! I don’t love matzo either although I did already have a matzo pizza lol. We do not keep it. I did when I was first married and then slowly gave it up lol. It’s not that I eat a lot of bread anyway, it’s more the whole no peanut butter thing that gets me.

• Lauren April 12, 2017, 11:41 am

WAIT..why NO PB????

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 12, 2017, 11:49 am

so I think it depends on background but legumes are not considered kosher for Passover. However, I do think Sephardic jews do eat legumes. so many rules!

• Emily April 12, 2017, 9:43 am

Basic food sounds really really good! 🙂 <3 And those potatoes look perfect. 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Why Full Fat Foods Have Really Aided Recovery (WIAW)My Profile

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong April 12, 2017, 10:29 am

Your salads get me everytime. They always look amazing, totally need to recreate this one. And what is it about breakfast that we all have such a hard time switching up routine with. I’ve been trying to eat a few different things, but always end up going back to oatmeal.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday, Weekend EatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 12, 2017, 11:13 am

I always end up back to oatmeal too although right now, I am definitely enjoying the English muffin with peanut butter mornings!

• Patrick@looneyforfood.com April 12, 2017, 12:23 pm

I end up eating the same things all the time. I eat eggs for breakfast almost everyday. Im so glad the weather is warming up everywhere!
    Patrick@looneyforfood.com recently posted…Italian Pesto Pasta and a full day of Eating Looney styleMy Profile