Blog Survey

I haven’t completed a blog survey in a long time! When I saw this blog survey posted by Tina at Carrots N Cake last week, I immediately wrote the questions down to answer them today.

1. Who are you named after?

So my mom used to babysit for a little girl named Meredith. She thought that Meredith was the cutest girl in the world and decided that if she ever had a daughter, her name would be Meredith too.

Fun fact: A few years ago, my mom and I went to get our nails done and started talking to this woman in the salon who was also getting her nails done AND was also named Meredith. Long story short, this Meredith lived basically across the street from me AND was the Meredith my mom used to babysit for so many years ago! Such a small world.

As for my middle name, I am named after my great grandmother, Eve. My ex-husband’s middle name was Adam which made for a cute while it lasted story. Maybe that’s how the original Adam and Eve felt about things, cute while it lasted.

2. Last time you cried? I can’t remember the last time something really upset me enough to cry which is a good thing!

Actually, the only crying I do lately is when I laugh so hard that I cry, just like in this picture from the Bar Mitzvah.

The three of us fools pictured here (I’m on the left, Heather in the middle, Meaghan on the right) laugh every single day like this. Seriously. Every single day.

We are very funny people.

bar mitzvah

3. Do you like your handwriting? I had the neatest hand writing in elementary school. My best friend Lauren and I were teacher’s pets because of our neat handwriting at such young ages!

Lauren went on to literally become a handwriting specialist and as for me, well, I am not as neat anymore because I rush when I write things down.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I don’t eat meat!

5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.

6. Would you bungee jump? Never!

7. What is your favorite kind of cereal? My favorite cereals as a kid were Cookie Crisp, Waffle Crisp, Cocoa Pebbles and Life Cereal. It’s hard to pick just one.

8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I have actually become super lazy with this and seem to be kicking off my running shoes lately without untying them!

Every morning I think about how I shouldn’t be doing this but I can’t help it.

9. Do you think you’re strong? Emotionally yes, physically, not so much, at least not my upper body strength. Don’t call me to help you lift or move anything, that’s for sure.

10. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip 🙂

11. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Personality for sure. Are they friendly or obnoxious?

12. Football or baseball? Hockey!

13. What color pants are you wearing? Black.

14. Last thing you ate? Oatmeal.

15. What are you listening to? I always have the news on the television while I type my posts in the morning.

17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? A shade of pink. Maybe the magenta. Not the super light pink because that crayon doesn’t color very well. It’s too light.

17. Favorite smell? I find the aroma of a bakery to be intoxicating.

fudge

18. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Does text message count? If it does, then my group text with Heather and Meaghan (see above) would be the last people I spoke to on the phone. If real phone calls are what count, then it would be Meaghan to laugh about what we just texted about.

19. Married? Not anymore!

20. Hair color? Blonde.

21. Eye color? Green. But my mom will still say my eyes are blue. They are not blue! They haven’t been blue since I was two years old! They are green!

22. Favorite food to eat? Warm chocolate chip cookies or chocolate fudge cake.

We were so smart this weekend and poured hot fudge over a slice of Linda’s Fudge cake.

It was out of this world!

linda's fudge cake

23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.

24. Last movie you watched? Friends With Benefits. Who else adores this movie?!

25. What color shirt are you wearing? Gray sweatshirt.

26. Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving is definitely a favorite of mine because of the food but I really love Mother’s Day too because of the breakfast tradition I have with my son.

27. Beer or Wine? Wine. White wine over red wine these days.

28. Night owl or morning person? Morning person for sure.

29. Favorite day of the week? Friday. Is there anyone who would say Monday? Or even Tuesday? Who likes Tuesday?

Your turn! Pick a question or two from the survey and answer it for me!

Who are you named after?

Do your friends make you laugh until you cry?

{ 20 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile February 27, 2017, 5:15 am

This is such a fun survey! I have green eyes- or I guess hazel- but alot of people assume they are blue until they look up close. I think because I have light features people just think my eyes are blue.
    My handwriting used to be so much better than it is now. I guess I am always rushing when I write, and I don’t write that much so I don’t get much practice anymore.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Spring Running in FebruaryMy Profile

• Evelyn February 27, 2017, 5:16 am

I like Friday too just because the next day is Saturday and I don’t have to go to school hehe
    Evelyn recently posted…Top 10 Best Shoes For Nurses In 2017 ReviewedMy Profile

• Krista @ Gringita February 27, 2017, 7:16 am

oh my god that cake looks so good! I wasn’t named after anyone but my middle name is after my maternal grandmother. My favorite holiday is Christmas and the whole season of course 🙂 I’m definitely a morning person!
    Krista @ Gringita recently posted…5 Worthwhile Weekend Trips From Medellin, ColombiaMy Profile

• Samantha February 27, 2017, 8:02 am

This is such a fun survey! My friends definitely make me laugh like lunatic, but thats why I love them. I’m so much more of a morning person, and always have been. There is just something relaxing when no one else is up yet.
    Samantha recently posted…What Running Has Taught Me.My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 27, 2017, 8:34 am

Such a fun post! My eyes are blue although sometimes if I wear some colors they look more green. My handwriting used to be so nice because I always took notes by hand, but now it’s messy!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Lake Sammamish Half 2017 Training Week 8My Profile

• Harry@Good health February 27, 2017, 8:52 am

This is an interesting survey! I remember the last time that I laughed to cry was 2 or 3 years ago. I had a party at my bff’s house and we joked around, drew everything on each other’s face… I miss that time.
    Harry@Good health recently posted…Best Weighted Vests for Running and Walking Reviews and Buying GuideMy Profile

• Suzy February 27, 2017, 9:18 am

I love Heather’s face in that photo the best. Her laugh is contagious, even through a still shot! My middle name is Heather and I was named after my dad’s twin sister. She’s a super gentle, tiny soul with big hair. I feel like she represents my quiet side (I was really shy when I was a kid–like really bad). My real name is Susan and my mom and my sisters really liked the name. I love my name too. I love that it’s Suzy, and I love how different people in my life call me different things (some call me Sue, which I hate, but if THEY call me that then it’s okay…a few people call me Sooz, which is cute too but only a select few are allowed). You’re killing me with that chocolate cake.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Gretchen February 27, 2017, 9:30 am

Funny about your eyes because I’m the opposite- Dan insists that they’re green but I think they’re blue. I love that picture of you and your friends..you look so happy!
    Gretchen recently posted…Gettysburg Marathon Training : Week 12My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 27, 2017, 9:34 am

so funny – I think our eyes can change color depending on mood and what we wear so maybe you guys are both right!

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run February 27, 2017, 2:15 pm

I am definitely more of a morning person and I prefer beer 🙂 I don’t care for white wine and red wine tends to give me heart burn (boo!)

I am named after a little girl who had leukemia. My mom read about her in the newspaper and fell in love with her name.

I can only be friends with people who make me laugh so hard I cry!
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…The Weekend in Running (and eating!)My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 27, 2017, 3:04 pm

This is a cute survey. My favorite ice cream would be Butter Pecan, and I too am currently wearing black pants with a grey sweatshirt. It’s practically my mom uniform!
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Little Things (#72)My Profile

• Thomas February 27, 2017, 11:52 pm

The last time I cried was when my son was born. Another time before was when my wife agreed to marry me :v
    Thomas recently posted…Best Spy Camera Models in the Market 2017My Profile