I lost my phone!

The plan for today was to share what I ate in the city on Monday but then I lost my phone in Penn Station along with the photos I took in the city and life has been altered ever since.

I never lose anything!

So here’s what happened.

My son and I went to the city on Monday as planned. We took the train to the city even though my son wanted me to drive.

I just didn’t feel like driving especially since where we were going was fairly close to Penn Station. Who wants to drive cross town when they don’t have to do so?

Anyway.

My son and I had lunch at his dad’s store < – my ex-husband’s store. Have I ever mentioned that my ex-husband has always worked in the food business and has a store in the city? I don’t believe that I have.

I had a terrific chopped salad for lunch along with the most delicious fudgy brownie which you may have caught via Instagram story on Monday.

My icloud lost all of my pictures from Monday except for the latte that I had with the brownie.

This latte was divine.

latte

We walked around the city after lunch and went to the NHL store. This is where I was declared the worst mom in the world for not buying my son a new hockey jersey for absolutely no reason.

While waiting for the train in Penn Station to go back home, I reached in my bag for my phone.  I literally took the phone out of my bag to respond to a text and then put it back as the train pulled up.

Once we were on the train and seated, I went to take my phone back out but it was gone!

My guess is that when I thought I put my phone back in its pocket that I didn’t? Like maybe it fell on the platform?

I didn’t hear it fall but who can hear anything down in the train tunnel.

I don’t know.

All I know is that I lost my phone.

The bright side at this point of riding the train and realizing I lost my phone was that I still had half of the fudgy brownie in my bag (ugh, I wish I had the picture to show you it was so good!) so I took it out to eat to drown my sorrows. Emotional eating at it’s finest.

The truth is, life without a phone really isn’t so bad. Aside from feeling bad for losing something, I actually enjoy being a bit disconnected.

My replacement phone arrived last night and I was honestly not in any hurry to set it back up!

I lost my phone! #WIAW #iPhone #WIAW #city #latte Click To Tweet

Have you ever lost your phone?

Are you a latte drinker?

Brownie question – with frosting or without? Cakey or fudgy?

Comments

1. says

I had a phone stolen before but haven’t lost one.. which kind of sounds like what happened here.. haha I don’t think you could drop your phone on the ground without anyone being like hey lady you dropped your phone on the ground.. i imagine someone saw you put it in that pocket and swooped in. but, maybe I’m a pessimistic.. haha. But I mean, Penn Station is a pretty nuts place.
    Love lattes but don’t have them often!
    Krista @ Gringita recently posted…My First & Last Full MarathonMy Profile

• says

i don’t think it was possible to get into my bag at the point when I put it back in my zipped up bag as it was a messenger bag positioned right in front of me! it was a crowded dash on to the train so no one would have noticed it fall. but anything is possible! I have a feeling I thought I slipped it back inside my bag but it actually dropped to the ground as we were all walking on to train

2. says

I WOULD DIE. I WOULD DIE DIE DIE without my phone. I’m actually feeling so upset about it, just thinking about it, that my chest hurts! Do you know why, though? It’s not painful to be disconnected from everyone (I’d enjoy that part for a good while, I’m sure!) but I have so many private keepsakes on my phone. I use my notes section for journaling. I mean, yes, I can iCloud a bunch of stuff over but I do NOT want ANYONE reading that stuff. It’s so so so so so so private.
    Suzy recently posted…RawrMy Profile

• says

I know exactly what you mean! The only possibly good thing is that not only did I have a passcode on my phone, we had it turned off basically immediately. so I don’t think (or at least I hope) no one was able to get into my phone!

3. says

Ugh it’s the worst. I lost my iPhone back in December and was only 2 months away from my new contract starting. I literally have no idea to this day where I left it … I think in a Whole Foods basket?

Brownies – Definitely chewier/fudgy over cakey!
    Arthi recently posted…20 scenes / 5 days.My Profile

4. says

Oh no! I’m always losing things, sadly, but I often don’t leave the house, so I haven’t lost my phone in a while. But I really hope you can get a new one soon, or that you can find it? My dad once lost his wallet about 10 years ago, and by God’s amazing providence, a man saw it on the side of the road and called us. O_O Miracles can definitely happen.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Finally Figuring Out Digestive ProblemsMy Profile

5. says

Boo! I’ve never lost a phone. I have, however, dropped it while running. My favorite latte is a skinny peppermint latte from Sbucks. It’s amazing! And I’m not a brownie judger. I love all brownies equally 🙂
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…WIAWMy Profile

6. says

Being at home with the kid all day, I find myself reaching for my phone more and more so I’ve been making a conscious effort to disengage more often. It can be a little too addicting. That being said, I certainly wouldn’t want to lose it. I’m glad you had the fudge brownie to eat away your woes.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Currently: February 2017My Profile