Rain Boots, Real Pants & Still Out Of Cookie Dough!

thinking out loud

Last week in my Friday Favorites post I mentioned loving the Cinnamon Vanilla Yogi Tea.

Apparently, everyone on Long Island read that post and rushed to the stores to buy the darn tea because now I can’t find it anywhere! All I locate are empty displays. I bought myself the Bedtime Yogi Tea as a replacement but I HATE IT. I may even return it.

I was in the city on Tuesday for a work thing which coincided with the end of the nor’easter we were having here in New York. Driving in the city on a good day isn’t fun let alone a nor’easter (with my low tire pressure light on too) but I did get to wear my favorite rain boots (with the hot pink bottoms!!) that I absolutely love.

gucci rain boots

Good thing I have these rain boots as I certainly don’t want to ruin the new pair of Uggs I told you I needed to purchase after my old pair finally gave out on me after 10 years.

Wait.

I have something much more important to discuss than rain boots.

I WORE REAL PANTS ON TUESDAY. I almost don’t consider them real pants because they were so comfortable and almost appeared as black leggings but they were definitely REAL PANTS.

I was so excited and proud of myself for putting on REAL PANTS that a part of me wanted to scream out during the meeting, “I found you people important enough to put on REAL PANTS today!”

If you are looking for comfortable black pants that are real, as in, they have a zipper and button closure with a waist that isn’t elastic, I recommend you try the Sloan style from Banana Republic. The website defines the Sloan cut as mid rise, slimming fit and ankle length but on me, they are more of a higher rise and full length fit. I guess it depends on your height. Either way, I love how they fit!

So last night my son suggested that we go to Cold Stone for ice cream because we hadn’t been there in forever. I stopped going to Cold Stone because, if you recall, every time I went in the Fall they were out of cookie dough.

One would think that after what, three months now, an ice cream shop would restock the cookie dough supply, right? Wrong.

How does an ice cream shop like Cold Stone not have cookie dough? And how is it possible to look me in the eye and answer me like no big deal when saying, no we don’t have cookie dough?!

I don’t even understand. Which is exactly what I told the guy. I may write a letter.

cold stone

On This Day:

1/26/16: 5 Benefits of Treadmill Running For Outdoor Runners  < – This post is CRAZY popular right now!

1/26/15: Taking It Too Seriously < – Oh, I remember this post. All about pressure, like when you should push for what you want and when you should back off.

1/26/13: Girl vs. Treadmill < – I created my pros and cons list for treadmill running while stuck indoors for a long run.

Rain boots, real pants & out of cookie dough! #thinkingoutloud #Gucci #BananaRepublic #NYC #cookiedough #ColdStone #yogitea Click To Tweet

This post contains affiliate links, thanks for your support!

How often do you wear real pants? Are you more of a leggings girl or jeans girl?

Favorite ice cream/frozen yogurt mix in?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

{ 18 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile January 26, 2017, 6:45 am

I hate real pants but I found a pair that are really comfortable! They were in my second stitch fix order and they dont even have a real zipper or button but look like they do. I can wear them with books or with flats. I think next time I order from there I am going to try to see if they have them in another color! I want to look into those pants you recommended though. Real pants that are comfortable are so hard to find!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…8 Ways for Runners to Improve MobilityMy Profile

• Arthi January 26, 2017, 9:00 am

-9 miles on the treadmill this morning!
    -Def more of a leggings person than a real pants person. My boyfriend has known me for over 1 1/2 years and has never once seen me wear jeans.
    -Favorite froyo topping – Cereal or crushed up waffle cones! Love the crunch!
    Arthi recently posted…Tuesday in the Life.My Profile

• Julianne January 26, 2017, 9:27 am

I NEVER wear real pants. I have worn jeans maybe 5 times in my 2.5 years of college..when it was absolutely freezing. Everyone always does a double take, wondering what must be going on in the world for me to put on jeans lol.
    Coldstone is my favorite ice cream place. I always get vanilla frozen yogurt with cookie dough, strawberry or banana, and whipped cream in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl (their whipped cream is THE BEST). You must write them a letter. Cookie dough is not even some specialty ingredient that is hard to come by.
    Workout is strength training this am then a hike with my sister this afternoon!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2017, 5:38 am

the chocolate dipped waffle bowls are my favorite!!! I must have 100 pictures of them in my blog media library by now lol.

• Emily January 26, 2017, 10:06 am

NO COOKIE DOUGH? Woah! That’s crazy. Usually I love to get anything peanut butter or chocolate themed when we go out to fro-yo. I love Oreos too.

And those rain boots are super cute. :o)
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Why I’m Content with My Stocky BodyMy Profile

• Suzy January 26, 2017, 10:37 am

Leggings all the way. A button fly just feels weird now. I still wear jeans; I have a couple pairs of Guess jeans that I love a lot and are super comfy but my go-to are my Lulu leggings. I love those rain boots! Living in the PNW you’d think I’d have a good pair but no! Hmmm. I need to rectify that.
    Suzy recently posted…We’ll All Have AnotherMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2017, 5:37 am

it’s funny – I stopped wearing my lulu leggings this winter and I don’t even know why! thanks for reminding me.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 26, 2017, 10:57 am

If I have to wear real pants, the Sloan from Banana Republic are my favorite also! They are so comfy and sleek. When we visited London I wore them everywhere so I didn’t look like a toursit.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Currently {January 2017}My Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run January 26, 2017, 1:35 pm

I teach so I pretty much have to wear pants every day but the second I get home, I am in sweats or yoga pants!

My fav frozen yogurt is salted caramel pretzel with Reese’s in it!

Today is 5-6 easy miles after works with the hubs. He has a sore tendon in his foot so that’ll dictate our speed/distance.
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Road TrippinMy Profile

• Cee January 26, 2017, 5:27 pm

That ice cream looks amazing! I don’t care if it is winter haha. And yes – leggings are so much better than jeans, the comfort levels are on another level!!
    Cee recently posted…REVIEW: Tesco Dijon MustardMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 28, 2017, 3:27 pm

No cookie dough ice cream again. Forget it, I would abandon Cold Stone Creamery in search of better options, like the flavor you actually want.

Congratulations on wearing pants. I’m super impressed and I say shout it from the rooftops. Aside from jeans (and mostly maternity ones) I can’t remember the last time I wore pants that buttoned and zipped.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Currently January 2017My Profile