Running & Recipe Links of Interest

One of the largest misconceptions about working from home is the belief that you are free to run your errands and get things done whenever you want. While there is some flexibility when working from home, if you want to get your job done, you have to hold to some sort of schedule. I try to run my errands during what I would consider a lunch hour and then get back to doing my thing as if it’s a normal job.

I did some food shopping yesterday during my lunch hour because today I have to pick up my number for the 10k race which is tomorrow morning.

Trader Joe's food shop

I am excited about this 10k race tomorrow! I don’t run a lot of races so when a race comes up on my calendar, it’s a treat. My last race was back in October for the Great South Bay Half Marathon (recap here if you are interested).

I ran this same 10k last year (recap here) and although it’s going to be fairly chilly, I am grateful that it doesn’t look like it will be snowing like it did last year. It’s a local race, about 7 minutes or so from my house, which is an added bonus. I am ignoring that there’s a chance for rain in the morning.

When Laura put together my half marathon training plan, I let her know about this 10k so that she could build it into the schedule. She was all excited about this 10k actually because she said that it is a perfect tune up race before my half in four weeks. And here I thought it was just a great 10k race to run since it’s so close to my house and they give out a really nice long sleeve shirt 🙂

In addition to sharing recipes today, I came across a few great fitness related posts for you too – I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Mastering the 10K: Your Guide to Your Best Race < – perfect timing!

The Real Truth About Pre-Workout Snacks

3 Yoga Poses For Tight, Rounded Shoulders

Tips For Overcoming a Running Slump

5 Ways To Make The Most of Spring Running

Ultimate Girls Guide to a Fitness & Foodie NYC Weekend < – I love this! So many great places on this list including some I keep meaning to try!

Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Spirals with Guacamole

Vegan & Gluten-Free Mac N Cheese

Roasted Carrots with Honey Butter

Springtime Cobb Salad

Spring Vegetable Stir Fry with Lemon Ginger Sauce

Easy Zoodle Pie

Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies With Fudge Sauce

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl

Running & Recipe Links of Interest #running #10k #race #halfmarathontraining #recipes #mealprep Click To Tweet

3 things you are doing this weekend?

Which do you prefer – 10k or 5k?

What do you normally do during your lunch break?

1. says

So true that there’s really not much flexibility if you need to get things done! I still try to do most errands on Sunday’s if I can. Since drew still gets picked up at 2 it also doesn’t leave much time!

2. says

We have no food in the apartment. Because of the elevator/back issue last week, I didn’t go to the store, and I worked last Saturday and then we had the game blah blah blah. So I did an emergency run last night because Alex was out of everything (POOR boy, lol). We are going to get back on track this week! I am finally taking my lunch for the first time today! Good luck at the 10k!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…No Fools Here! The Best Fitness and Running Posts of MarchMy Profile

3. says

Thanks for all the links. The tight shoulder one we do periodically in yoga and never thought about the purpose of those exercises. I have tight shoulders so will be utilizing this a few times per week at home and love the recipes for the lemon ginger veggies and the sweet potato spirals. I am lazy so a lot of time use the spices but not the spiral shape. It’s my bday today so certainly am taking a night off from the kitchen lol. Good luck tomorrow in the race. You are so prepared mentally and physically. Love all your training post. Can’t wait to hear a recap. The sun is shining somewhere so I try to keep it light and upbeat even with the rain.

4. says

Good luck this weekend!!!!! Also did you hear about the April Fools joke TJ’s played? They said they were closing all stores in 2017. My coworker told me about it last night thinking it was real and I practically died haha I was legitimately panicking. I need to go there this weekend to make myself feel better.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…See you laterMy Profile

5. says

Ahhhh I don’t like either of those distances: 5 or 10k. They’re both such a struggle for me! Pushing that hard HURTS. I’d rather sit back a little and go for the long haul (half marathons and longer).

Good luck this weekend! You’re gonna kill it. You’ve got a great coach!
    Suzy recently posted…Would You Rather…My Profile

• says

yeah, that’s why I dislike a 5k but a 10k I have learned to like – you can go a little slower than a 5k and then it’s over before you know it vs the half (which is still my fave) that takes that much more out of you.

• says

good luck! I considered running that one too to make up for losing that half but I really wanted to run this one instead – it’s only minutes from my house rather than schlepping into the city. I wish they gave a few more options for the make up – I totally lost out. oh well

6. says

girl! i hear you on working from home. i front and backload my days with teaching and training clients and leave the middle of the day for blog and studio marketing work. i have to force myself to take a break to clean, do laundry or make food…and errands rarely happen. i get so in the zone!
    jen recently posted…TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch ReviewMy Profile