I Am Officially Old & New Running Playlist

If I had my way, New York State would revise the law that currently allows for children to sit in the front seat of cars at the age of twelve to something more like:

When riding with their parents, kids must sit in the back seat forever. No matter your age, even if you are 37 years old and your parents are entering senior citizen status, you are to sit in the back seat of their car if they are driving.

My biggest problem with having my son up front is the radio.

I thought I was cool. I thought I was hip. I thought I listened to the right songs at the right loud volume. I mean, I know every word to the Beastie Boys which I told you recently, doesn’t that count for something?

This kid requires complete control of the stations and finds songs that not only have I not heard of (which I just don’t understand! I thought I was so up to date?!) but makes them all way too loud.

After going through the whole – I need it lower please so I can see and I need it lower please so I can hear an approaching emergency vehicle, he caught me.

And called me a hypocrite.

New Kids on the Block came on the radio….Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, The Right Stuff…and I blasted it.

What? 80’s music deserves to be blasted, not this current Hit The Quan nonsense he sings these days.

Oh. My. Goodness. I sound like an old person.

Anyway, what I am trying to say today aside from venting about my current motherhood struggles is that I have an awesome 80’s running playlist for you!

There’s no New Kids on the Block included but there are lots of randomly awesome 80’s songs which are perfect for running.

I listen to a bunch of Pandora radio stations when I run and one of my favorites is the 80’s Pop Radio. I love the music they throw at me in the morning because it includes the most popular 80’s songs mixed with some you randomly hear otherwise. The playlist I put together is a combination of both – some songs we still hear all of the time and some are a refreshing blast from the past!

The songs of my youth, I probably played them back in the day via record or cassette tape in my fisher price brown tape player.

It’s official. I am old. My son was right when he told me so the other day.

awesome 80's running playlist

Other Playlists of Interest:

Stadium Series Playlist

Top Ten Running Favorites Playlist

New 80's Running Playlist #running #playlist #80's #music #runningsongs #fitfluential Click To Tweet

*************************

Do you listen to Pandora when you run? Which stations are your favorite?

If you have kids, do they insist on controlling the car radio?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma February 16, 2016, 5:50 am

Drew is not even 5 and already insists on what music we’ll listen to in the car! And if I’m flipping through the radio he demands me to stop on songs. I’ve already been defeated and my kids are still in car seats. But you know it when nkotb comes on I blast it and let them complain!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Tuna Salad with Avocado, Bacon and Chipotle AioliMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 12:51 pm

lol I love how you say you are defeated and they are in car seats. Actually, my son was opinionated back then too and I listened to all of his music but at least he couldn’t fight me for the control then! Ugh he’s always reaching and touching my buttons.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine February 16, 2016, 6:41 am

I love listening to old songs on Pandora while I strength train! This looks like a great playlist. This morning I had 90s pop on Pandora while I worked out which has been my go to lately.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap and Zooma Run Love 10kMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns February 16, 2016, 7:09 am

I may not have been alive in the 80’s but I still think this is good music! I hate most of the stuff out now..is it really music if they’re not even trying?
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Pinterest Hack or Pinterest Wack?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 12:49 pm

So many songs are great while so many really do not sound like they try as you say! I don’t get it.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe February 16, 2016, 7:27 am

Well I like the 60s and 70s music, so what does that make me?
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Top Running Lessons from 2016 US Olympic Marathon TrialsMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 16, 2016, 8:23 am

I love listening to 90s Pandora stations for workouts! Older music is just so much better than whatever that new stuff on the radio is.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Easy Run Treadmill Workout to Beat Treadmill BoredomMy Profile

• Suzy February 16, 2016, 9:22 am

MEREDITH. My oldest is a guitarist in a band. His teacher is in a death metal band called “The Pig Killers.” I used to try and be nice and let Jake listen to his playlist in the van but now I’m just like, NO. I tell them that they can listen to their music when they get their own vehicle. It’s something to look forward to.

Anyway, BREAK MY STRIDE! Best song EVER. It’s going to be stuck in my head all day now. 🙂
    Suzy recently posted…Week in Review: LoveFestMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 12:48 pm

OMG Break My Stride is the greatest! I love it while I am running, definitely always a fave of mine. The Pig Killers? Yikes, death metal is not my jam.

• Ellie February 16, 2016, 9:24 am

I go for the top hits while I warm up, then switch to Kesha radio for my hard intervals. I don’t usually listen to music actually, I prefer podcasts. It’s only on my workout days. I also usually listen to podcasts in the car hahahaha I am old! But if music is on it’s a top hits station. I’m not picky though so I will let anyone choose a station. I’d be a good driver for your son.
    Ellie recently posted…Cranberry Cashew Chickpea Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-free]My Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com February 16, 2016, 9:25 am

YES NKOTB! I saw them in concert last May with Nelly and TLC and it was one of the greatest nights of my life. The only reason I know how to hit the Quan and all those other sweet dance moves is because I work at a middle school. Otherwise I’d be completely clueless.
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 9:28 am

Ha! So you understand what it’s like for me since my son is in 7th grade ! I like this hit the quan but when I first heard it, was like – what the heck?

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl February 16, 2016, 9:53 am

Just wait…now the argument with my mom is that I think she’s playing the TV too loudly, because she’s going deaf 😉
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts and Weekend Updates: Frozen Edition 2/8-2/15My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 16, 2016, 10:10 am

You and I have the same taste in music. I may have to go listen to Holding Out for a Hero now and by may, I mean definitely.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: # 18My Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner February 16, 2016, 10:29 am

Ha the constant struggle. Whenever I’m in the car with my whole family we have to settle for John Mayer pandora because it’s the only thing we’ll agree on. I feel like it’s one of those things where the music is constantly changing and evolving and what you might think is good, your son won’t. And by the time I’m a “real” adult (whatever that means), I’ll probably hate all the new music out there.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Injury Answers and a Weekend RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 12:45 pm

Ha – we need to agree on a common music station sometimes too when we are in the car with my parents.

• Fiona February 16, 2016, 11:18 am

You got some good power songs in there and a few that are on my running playlist 😉 ! Nothing wrong with the classics!
    Fiona recently posted…Taking Care of Your Ticker: National Heart MonthMy Profile

• Hollie February 16, 2016, 11:24 am

Ha, I love all of those songs. I’m like a child and like to control the radio station…does that count?
    Hollie recently posted…Saucony Kinvara 6 ReviewMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 16, 2016, 12:45 pm

I still like to constantly flip the stations – I just can’t handle when my son is the one doing it!

• Arthi February 16, 2016, 5:32 pm

I don’t know what I’d do without Pandora!!

Current favorite stations include: Justin Bieber (don’t judge me), Andy Grammar, Sam Smith, Meghan Trainor, Outkast, and the Zumba Fitness station (because it’s got some really fun songs and I’m going to Miami in a week and I can’t wait to dance like a maniac all weekend long).

6 miles covered at 6am this morning!
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 47.My Profile

• asPaklwzq1z June 16, 2016, 5:03 am

[url=http://zoloft.in.net/]zoloft[/url] [url=http://bupropionhclxl.ru/]how to buy buproprion on line[/url] [url=http://triamterenehydrochlorothiazide.science/]hydrochlorothiazide[/url] [url=http://amoxicillin500mg.party/]amoxicillin[/url] [url=http://buy-vardenafil.accountant/]vardenafil cost[/url] [url=http://cleocin-gel.download/]cleocin gel[/url] [url=http://tadalafilonline.bid/]tadalafil online[/url]

Next post: