Super Bowl Recipes & Dinner Plan

I apologize if you tried to log in yesterday afternoon only to encounter a blank screen. I don’t know what the heck they were doing with my server during that time but thankfully, we are back and running. Click here for yesterday’s post (Thinking Out Loud about tampons and TimeHop) if you missed it.

Instead of frantically checking my site every second to see if it was back up, I ran my errands which included Trader Joe’s for the weekly food shop. You know how we say they are always out of something?! Well, this time, not only were they out of MY peanut butter, they were completely out of the plastic produce bags in the produce section.

Trader Joe's shop

See the grocery bags in the back? Those are my apples, potatoes and lemons. It was just so weird, too. Usually the Trader Joe’s staff is so incredibly helpful but not yesterday. Until I found someone to help me and find some sort of bag (was I supposed to dump 10 apples, 5 potatoes and random lemons into my red cart?), you can’t imagine.

So I finally decided to try Trader Joe’s organic peanut butter (crunchy, no salt) since my peanut butter was absent and really like it. I often wonder what would happen if I were to try Reduced Fat Skippy Peanut Butter again. It used to be my absolute favorite peanut butter years ago yet I am sure if I tasted it now, I would gag from the added sugar!

Dinner next week is looking easy, quick and typical. Before getting to next week’s dinner plan though, I picked a bunch of Super Bowl recipes for Sunday should you be looking for something to make for the big game…

Super Bowl Recipes:

Sriracha Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Crunchy Cauliflower

Cauliflower Wings

40 Vegan Super Bowl Recipes

Game Day Appetizers Recipe Round Up

Baked Honey BBQ Popcorn Chicken

Baked Sweet Potato Skins

Sweet Potato Bacon Burger Bites With Maple Chipotle (Paleo)

Fudgy Avocado Brownies with Chocolate Fudge Frosting

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Brownies (Paleo)

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies < – My most requested dessert. Been making these cookies for years!

weekly dinner planning

Sunday – Super Bowl (not cooking)

Monday – Light Tomato Basil Meatball Soup < – My son is a soup eater, not me. I will probably have a Meatless Monday Stir-Fry Bowl, replacing the shrimp with either chick peas or egg.

Tuesday – Pizza night (this quichzza looks cool!)

Wednesday – Greek Salads with roasted potato wedges (my current favorite easy meal)

Thursday – From the Freezer Night (veggie burgers, chicken nuggets or meatless meatballs with roasted vegetables & baked potatoes)

Friday – out for dinner

Saturday – out for dinner

Super Bowl Recipes & Dinner Plan #superbowl #traderjoes #recipes #mealprep #dinnerplan #fitfluential #peanutbutter Click To Tweet

What’s on the running agenda for this weekend?

Are you cooking or baking for Super Bowl?

Favorite peanut butter?

1. says

The TJ’s by me was out of like everything last weekend! I was so bummed. I’m hoping they’ve restocked this week, otherwise I may lose my mind when I go this weekend. I have a 10K this Saturday and a 3 mile recovery run Sunday, both of which I can do outside so I’m super excited about that. I actually prefer almond butter vs. peanut butter, and my favorite brand is Justin’s (either maple or vanilla). recently posted…Friday FavesMy Profile

2. says

OMG..I am officially obsessed with the Trader Joe’s flax and chia PB from seeing yours! And I seriously always worry they will run out so I have no less than 2 brand new ones in my pantry at ALL times!!

Running 5 miles with a friend trying to qualify for Olympic Trials (in 2020)! Will be a snails pace for her but happy to go and catch up for a few miles!!

Also hosting a Super Bowl Party!! Should be fun..sunny and 77 degrees for the game.
    Lauren recently posted…Maui Recap in PhotosMy Profile

3. says

So weird about the bags not being there at Trader’s! I went to Safeway the other day (not sure if you have Safeway, just a big grocery store) and they were all out of bananas. The lady at the front said every store in the area didn’t get them delivered that day….panic. Luckily they restocked the next day but I thought that was odd.
    Hayley recently posted…Currently // February 2016My Profile

4. says

TJ’s crunchy PB is my jam! I might head over there tomorrow after my long run (all the way to the West Side, so weird for this UESer haha) and take the bus back to pick up some Super Bowl snacks. Even though apparently I’m being taken to a Super Bowl bar this year 🙂
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Blogging With BeFunkyMy Profile

5. says

My favourite peanut butter is the kind that stays away from me 😛 And I’m honestly not sure what’s going on for Sunday. I normally go over to my parents’ place for dinner, and I’m pretty sure my dad is going to be watching the game, but I doubt it’ll be anything more than that. Either way, I’ll probably bring dessert <3
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…flourless chocolate chip banana breadMy Profile

6. says

Oh do I hear you on the peanut butter. Especially since this was my situation the past few weeks. Call me picky but there’s only one brand [of the ones I’ve tried so far] that I really like because it contains only peanuts and salt + is the right kind of crunchy and it was sold out. Luckily, I knew another store that sells it, too, though for a higher price.
    I kind of wish there were Super Bowl parties over here because I wouldn’t mind a get-together with friends.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Chocolate Coconut Caramel Cups [vegan & paleo]My Profile

7. says

I so badly want to try a cauliflower hot sauce blue cheese kind of recipe. I’ve been meaning to forever but when I got to do it, I’m always out of something: blue cheese, hot sauce or cauliflower. Oops.

I no longer use the produce bags for my fruit, potatoes or lemons. I toss them (gently) in the cart as is. I figure I just take them all out of the bags when I get home and end up recycling them so what’s the point. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review #16: The Picture Heavy EditionMy Profile