13 Mile Long Run Workout

Let’s not talk about the winter storm headed to New York this weekend which has pretty much left me convinced that I am not running a half marathon on Sunday. Instead, let’s talk about this 13 mile long run workout I put together!

Recently Laura (This Runner’s Recipes) asked me to share a guest post on her blog while she is away this week in London.

I created this awesome 13 mile long run workout and I think you will love it. It’s another one of my fun ways to pass the miles and perfect for training you in a non-intimidating way to run a half marathon distance.

13 mile workout

Click here to read the post over at This Runner’s Recipes. Thanks Laura for this opportunity!

13 mile workout @thisrunnersrecipes #running #halfmarathon #workout #fitfluential Click To Tweet

******************

Have you ever missed a race due to the weather?

What distance would you say is your go-to routine long run?

What’s for breakfast today?

Comments

1. says

I hate missing any run as if I don’t go out, it’ll bother me for the rest of the day so rain, snow, storm, I go out. But then I live in Ireland so we don’t really have extreme weather in any direction & you guys actually do and you gotta be safe. Having said that, I actually missed a run today and not because of weather, just because I was lazy 😉 !
    Fiona recently posted…Paris Marathon: Food and TrainingMy Profile

• says

If it clears up Saturday night I am sure you will be able to run it but I doubt I will be able to drive in early Sunday morning. Isn’t worth icy / possibly dangerous roads at that hour for me. But we will see! maybe it will rain instead lol

2. says

This looks like a great workout! I’ve never missed a race due to weather, but last March my half marathon was in 30 degree weather with wind and rain. It was not fun. Go-to distance for a long run would probably be 8 miles. Breakfast this morning was oatmeal with protein powder, Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and raspberries! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your race this weekend!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile

3. says

I never check the weather before races because I know I will chicken out of it looks too bad and I cannot afford a $70 failed race. If the weather looks bad, I adjust my expectations and then promise myself a wonderful breakfast or lunch after getting through it. A race in bad weather is always more rewarding than a regular run I would do instead on the treadmill.
    Breakfast today is my banana mash. 2 bananas, protien powder, coconut flour, chia seeds and peanut butter. Apple on the side.
    I hope the weather gets better for you this weekend!
    Ellie recently posted…Flourless Chickpea Blondies [3 Ingredients, gluten-free]My Profile

4. says

Ughh good luck this weekend! I hope the forecast is wrong! I’ve run a couple marathons in torrential downpours but have never run in the snow before. Layer up and run extra fast to the finish!! 🙂

Breakfast this morning is tea, theraflu, and back to bed. Being sick is the worst!
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 43.My Profile

5. says

I’ve had one race called due to weather, but luckily it was a 5K only a mile from home. It was an evening race and it had been lightening all afternoon – they waited until race time (7pm) to call it but I had left long before knowing it was a lost cause! Fingers crossed for you!

I ate a think thin bar and clementines for breakfast. I need to stop being lazy about my breakfast because too many protein bars are never a good thing!
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Half Marathon Training: 1/11/16 – 1/17/16My Profile

6. says

Heading forward to read your 13 mil long run workout post. And, I believe it’s always good to be on the optimistic side instead of being on dark side and be worried about storm. By the way, I hope it is just a normal winter storm that comes and goes ever year and is not a kind of disaster.
    Bharat Sharma recently posted…23 Amazing Health Benefits Of HoneyMy Profile