Latke Time & Next Week’s Meal Plan

Um, was anyone going to tell me that the first night of Hanukkah is this Sunday night?

I was not aware of this until a few days ago (I thought it was starting next Sunday!) so aside from revising my dinner plan for this Sunday to now be all about Hanukkah foods, it’s time to revisit my sweet potato latke recipe (potato latkes are potato pancakes) and include the ingredients in my shopping list for today.

sweet potato latkes

The above photo is from my  original sweet potato latke post two years ago so I am hoping to update that post this weekend and maybe even play around with the recipe a bit (coconut flour this time?).

And, if I am feeling up for more recipe experimenting this weekend, donuts are on my list (donuts are a Hanukkah tradition) along with this recipe for potato kugel from Smitten Kitchen.

potato latkes

Last year’s sweet potato latkes – so good!

Of course Trader Joe’s has stopped carrying my favorite Japanese Sweet Potatoes, just when I wanted to try using them in my latkes. Off to Whole Foods I suppose.

what's for dinner weekly meal plan 12.7.15 - 12.13.15

Monday  – Leftovers from Hanukkah Sunday night with lots of latkes (and applesauce!)

Tuesday – Pizza night – Either making pizza at home or going out like last week.

WednesdayVegetarian Sloppy Joes – This looks so good and really easy to make!

ThursdayShrimp Stir Fry Bowls  – Mental note here – buy the wild shrimp!

Friday – Out for Dinner

Saturday – Out for Dinner

SundayCauliflower Mac & Cheese With Crispy Panko Topping ( I think my son would like this?!)

Have a great weekend and a Happy Hanukkah 🙂

Latke Time and Next Week's Meal Plan #Hanukkah #latkes #sweetpotatolatkes #mealplanning… Click To Tweet

****

3 things you are doing this weekend?

If you celebrate Hanukkah, do you make your own latkes?

What was for dinner last night?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine December 4, 2015, 5:31 am

I am thinking about doing a pizza night next week too. Last night’s dinner was burgers with sweet potato fries. Hope you enjoy your Hanukkah celebrations!!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Catching Up And Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 4, 2015, 5:38 am

Thank you 🙂 We really like having a set pizza night and then just decide if we are making one ourselves or using it as a weekday excuse to eat out quick lol

• Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious December 4, 2015, 6:21 am

I have never made latkes and do am totally intrigued by them. I will need to give them a whirl I think!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Grain Free White Chocolate Pecan Cookies {GF, Paleo, Vegan}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 6, 2015, 3:38 pm

Yes! They are so good! Let me know if you try them. BTW, I tried to comment today on your post but I don’t know if it worked. Sometimes bloglovin slows everything down and things freeze and I lose my mind lol

• Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious December 6, 2015, 4:25 pm

Hey! No, I don’t see a comment from you. I checked spam as well. Bloglovin’ is horrible for commenting. I thought I was the only one who got the freezes!
        Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…The Sunday Skinny 12/6/15My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe December 4, 2015, 7:08 am

Have a lovely Hannukah! I hope you have a latke fun (see what I did there? I’m so funnnnnny)
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Penguin Holiday Gift GuideMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma December 4, 2015, 8:50 am

After being sick I’m not at all ready for Hanukkah! No joke we’re actually postponing it since literally nothing is ready – I don’t need the pressure. But I do need some latkes, stat. Those I always make an exception for. And as a family we’re split between sweet and white potatoes so I need to do both.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Caramel Hot Chocolate {Paleo & Vegan}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 6, 2015, 3:36 pm

We like both kinds of potato latkes too and I picked up some zucchini ones as well since I was already in shop rite and they looked good.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 4, 2015, 9:28 am

I hope you have a wonderful Hanukkah! Last night’s dinner was leftovers of the potato and parsnip soup I shared today – so good!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Potato and Parsnip Soup {Dairy-free}My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl December 4, 2015, 10:12 am

Hanukkah crept up on us this year, I had no idea until last week! At least it didn’t overlap Thanksgiving this time 🙂 And sweet potato latkes made with coconut flour sound amazing, please share!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Grain Free Dark Chocolate Fudge BrowniesMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com December 4, 2015, 10:36 am

That cauliflower mac sounds yum! I’ve been having chili all week–ground beef and turkey with mushrooms, onions, jalapeno and green pepper and lots of spices! This weekend we’re getting our Christmas tree, going to a Neon Trees concert, and I’ll be heading out for a run Saturday!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Friday Faves: Fitness Gift IdeasMy Profile

• Shannon December 4, 2015, 11:07 am

I love making latkes! I cannot believe Hannukah starts this weekend.
    Shannon recently posted…Slow Cooker Navy Bean SoupMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 6, 2015, 3:35 pm

Right? It’s a little early this year. It’s still warm here which is unusual so it really doesn’t feel like holiday time. Happy Hanukkah!

• Suzy December 4, 2015, 3:29 pm

Happy Hanukkah! So fun. All that food looks amaaaazing.
    Suzy recently posted…Naked TruthMy Profile

• Ellie December 4, 2015, 3:48 pm

I do not celebrate Hanukkah traditionally, but I do LOVE latkes!!! The business owners who I work for are Jewish, so we have all the foods every year! It’s honestly my favorite time of year just because the food is so good! Another great time of year thanks the the Jews; passover!
    This weekend the only fun thing on the agenda is brunch on Sunday.
    Ellie recently posted…Unsafe [TOL 12/3/2015]My Profile

• Destiny December 4, 2015, 5:02 pm

Oh my goodness! I love latke and sweet potatoes. I can’t believe I never thought of combining the two!

• Brittany December 4, 2015, 5:28 pm

Ohh, your latkes sound awesome. I just made some with sweet potato and parsnip last week. Soo good!!

I hope you enjoy the veggie sloppy joes. We love them. 🙂
    Brittany recently posted…Fennel and Celery Salad with Dates and Shaved ParmesanMy Profile

• Fiona December 5, 2015, 2:22 pm

Never made or eaten latkes before, not for any reason- I’ve just never noticed them as an option anywhere. But these do look really good. I got in late last night after going to the cinema so I just made a chicken avocado sandwich and roasted butternut chips 🙂
    Fiona recently posted…Washing Bathroom WallsMy Profile

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement December 5, 2015, 3:34 pm

Last night’s dinner was chili and a baked potato.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets December 8, 2015, 6:52 am

You know I’m a fan of anything which involves potatoes. Sign me up and count me in.

Also, I’ll be over for dinner on Wednesday. 🙂