Thanksgiving Highlights & Next Week’s Meal Plan

When I woke up this morning absolutely STARVING, I thought back immediately to my previous Black Friday posts when I felt the same way and said the exact same thing. It’s a good thing I am not one to think twice about the amount of food I eat on Thanksgiving because trying to make up for it by eating less today would just not work for me and isn’t the way to do things anyway.

So the Thanksgiving food. It was simply wonderful. I didn’t get many pictures but my plate was piled up with side dishes and if you ask me to pick a favorite I really don’t think that I can.

Thanksgiving side dishes

Do you organize the food on your plate or pile it into a mess like I do?

My sweet potato casserole came out amazing as did my dark chocolate chunk cookie cake which we have decided is the single best dessert I have ever created in my entire baking life.

apple pie and dark chocolate chunk cookie cake

I did not get a great picture of this incredibly chocolately without overpowering you cookie cake but I do plan on making it again soon and will share the recipe with you so that you can win friends and influence people too.

I will say that one of the keys to making this dark chocolate chunk cookie cake was chopping up half of this Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Bar from Trader Joe’s.

Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Chocolate Bar From Trader Joe's

Are you hitting the stores for the Black Friday deals today? I do not think that I am but I will probably need to hit up Trader Joe’s because we have no food left in the house!

I focused my grocery shopping all week on Thanksgiving that now our regular staples are running low.

I did put together next week’s meal plan so let’s take a look.

weekly meal planning menu

If you have leftover sweet potato casserole, this recipe for Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole Steel Cut Oatmeal is genius!

Monday  – Crock Pot Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili – I don’t have a crockpot but I figured I can make it anyway and modify it a bit.

Tuesday – Pizza night! With side salads.

Wednesday – In the city for an event

ThursdayWinter Bliss Bowl

Friday – Not Cooking (or loaded baked potatoes if I decide to stay home)

Saturday – Not Cooking

SundayMeatless Meatballs (regular meatballs for my son) with spaghetti squash.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend 🙂

Thanksgiving Highlights & Next Week's Meal Plan #Thanksgiving #mealplanning #darkchocolate #fitlfuential #traderjoes Click To Tweet

****

Did you wake up hungrier than usual today?

Top favorite foods that you ate yesterday?

3 things on tap for this weekend?

• Jen@Jpabstfitness November 27, 2015, 6:26 am

Top 3 from yesterday: cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing.
    Yes, heading out for black friday shopping soon- just waiting on my ride 😉 Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Jen@Jpabstfitness recently posted…Thanksgiving {2015}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:06 am

Hope you scored all of the black Friday deals! I need to get to a few stores today.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 27, 2015, 8:09 am

Ugly food rules on Thanksgiving! You know how i feel about that! The Autumn Root Vegetable Salad that I made yesterday was the runaway hit. The enchiladas were delicious as always, but the salad stole the show!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Autumn Root Vegetable Salad With Maple Mustard Vinaigrette (Gluten Free, Vegan)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:06 am

I am so glad we both appreciate our favorites on thanksgiving – hope you had a great holiday 🙂

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 27, 2015, 8:39 am

Thanksgiving was sadly not the same being sick! I still ate good things but definitely could not appreciate any of it the way I wanted to!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Chorizo Sausage Sweet Potato Chili {Paleo & Whole30}My Profile

• Ellie November 27, 2015, 9:15 am

I am a total piler! Everything all on one fork is great. I also love the day after making sandwiches with stuffin, cranberry sauce, squash and potatoes. I look forward to that. I don’t think I woke up hungrier than usual, because I usually am hungry after my run =P I think I had more kick in my legs this AM due to the massive amounts of pie and wine I consumed yesterday. I think I could work that into my pre-race meal the night before haha
    The best thing I ate yesterday was sweet potato cheesecake bars. Delicious!
    Ellie recently posted…#FastFriday [11/27/2015]My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:04 am

I know, it’s hard to decide if I was starving just because I always wake up starving or if it had anything at all to do with thanksgiving.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 27, 2015, 10:52 am

I actually woke up pretty ok-ish, and I’m not really sure why since it wasn’t even Thanksgiving up here 😛 And that cake was the best thing you made in your baking life?!? Well now you’ve just got me super intrigued…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #158 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:03 am

Seriously, best cookie cake and dessert that I have maybe ever made. So amazing.

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl November 27, 2015, 11:44 am

I only like to pile certain foods together and then leave others apart. Like I pile roasted veggies on top of salads so the olive oil and spices seep into the salad leaves, or I put cranberry sauce atop the turkey or potatoes. But no cranberry sauce touches the veggies 🙂 Glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW # 33My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:03 am

I have zero system to how I eat my thanksgiving plate, I just pile it on up!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine November 27, 2015, 4:12 pm

I found myself at Trader Joes today due to having no food in the house! I don’t pile all my foods together but I definitely mix some of them. I think stuffing was one of my favorites yesterday because I only eat it on Thanksgiving. Your desserts look amazing!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Race RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:02 am

I know right? Does anyone remember to eat stuffing during the year? It’s so good, I really should make it more often.

• Katie @ katiesfitscript November 27, 2015, 10:40 pm

I actually did such a good job of stopping when I’m full this thanksgiving…quite the interesting feat hahaha!! So I don’t think I had that post residual wake up from thanksgiving hunger from a ll the carbs! haha! So funny how that happens! I hope you had a great time with your family <3
    Katie @ katiesfitscript recently posted…CLIENT FEATURE-KINDALMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:02 am

I actually did well too this year, I did not feel overstuffed or nauseous like I sometimes do on Thanksgiving.

• Fiona November 28, 2015, 11:35 am

The incredibly chocolatey without overpowering you cookie cake does look (and sound) like the perfect dessert and with not being overpowered…you can just eat more 🙂 I am a self-confessed plate organiser when it comes to arranging dinner on the plate. I can’t do food disorganisation – it’s either a touch of OCD or just wanting things to look pretty!
    Fiona recently posted…The Little ThingsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:01 am

My sense of organization goes out the window when I eat, I am a total messy plate! And that cookie cake that I made was so amazing, must make it again really soon.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets November 28, 2015, 6:09 pm

I’m actually looking forward to getting through all my red skinned potatoes from the food share so I can buy some big ones at the store again for the sole purpose of having stuffed potatoes. I can’t justify the purchase now when I have basement full of spuds. A good problem to have if you ask me.

My turkey day plate is sans turkey and super organized. If I can help it, the different foods don’t touch either, although that’s always dicey for this meal. 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 29, 2015, 9:00 am

I make a huge mess on my plate, all sense of organization is out the window when I eat!