Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas & Next Week’s Meal Plan

We are quickly approaching that time of the year when everyone starts to freak out over Thanksgiving dinner and how it will magically make you gain 20 pounds so let’s starve ourselves before and after just so we can have one day of stuffing and pie.

Or, we encounter the reverse attitude of Thanksgiving will make us gain 20 pounds so we might as well skip out on our workouts and the rest of the week’s healthy meals because what’s the point.

Please excuse me while I proceed to still plan our dinners for next week, leaving out Thanksgiving since we will be enjoying that day with family and then getting right back on our usual track for Black Friday which typically means we are out to eat because I do not often cook on a Friday night.

Plan your meals each day as usual, keep up your workout routine, enjoy the holidays to the fullest and move on.

Is it just me or is it not that simple?

Anyway, lots of yummy (mostly vegetarian) Thanksgiving recipe ideas for you today!

Thankgiving Recipe ideas for a very Happy Holiday

I will be making a few side dishes this year so I have been trying really hard to narrow the recipes down but gosh it’s just so hard.

Here’s a good sampling of the Thanksgiving recipes I am looking at and for even more inspiration, follow me on pinterest where I just keep pinning and pinning.

16 Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes

50 Thanksgiving Recipes <- from How Sweet Eats, worth scrolling through!

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts

Butternut Squash Casserole with Parmesan-Panko Topping

Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Stuffing

Gluten-Free Stuffing with Kale, Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms

Savory Parmesan Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Dates

Caramelized Onion and Apple Cider Gravy

Gluten Free Cranberry Maple Lentil Loaf

Crock Pot Rosemary Garlic Carrot Parsnip Mash (Paleo)

Healthy Corn Muffins

Dessert:

19 Must Make Vegan Pies

Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole Bites with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble

Spiced Apple Bars with Brown Sugar Butter Cream

Cookie Dough Flourless Brownie Pizza

Double Chocolate Cream Pie

Lightened Up Vegan Apple Crisp

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies <- dairy free option and my favorite recipe, I make them every holiday!

weekly meal planning menu

Easy meals planned for next week:

Monday – Roasted cauliflower stuffed sweet potatoes < – recipe to come

Tuesday – Pizza night! Hoping to make this Autumn Harvest Pizza

Wednesday – Steamed or roasted veggies + brown rice + chick peas + sweet chili sauce = easiest stir fry ever

Thursday – Thanksgiving!!

Friday- Not cooking

Saturday – Not cooking

Sunday Crispy Onion Chicken (for my son) with roasted rainbow carrots (power bowl for me)

Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas plus next week's meal plan #thanksgiving #recipes #vegetarian… Click To Tweet

********

Are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Do you know what you are making yet?

3 things you are doing this weekend?

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma November 20, 2015, 5:46 am

Thanks for linking! It just occurred to me that to eat Paleo and veg you’d be eating mostly sweets! With some sweet potatoes and nuts thrown in 🙂 and yes I’ll be eating all week as usual whether I gain weight or not 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Soft Paleo Ginger Molasses CookiesMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe November 20, 2015, 7:03 am

I know a few of the dishes that are going to get made (the enchiladas and my cornbread muffins) but I’m still undecided on the others. I’ll have to search through your offerings!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Friday Favorites: Logos, Bacon, Pumpkin, Music, More!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 23, 2015, 1:07 pm

I love corn muffins and corn bread. I am making a corn bread pudding casserole

• Gretchen | Gretchruns November 20, 2015, 8:07 am

We’re going to Dan’s family’s house for Thanksgiving this year and I’m so excited! They just moved to a new house so I can’t wait to see it. I’m in charge of drinks, and other than that I have no idea what we’re eating!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #34My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 20, 2015, 8:34 am

Can I come over for Thanksgiving?? I’ll bring dessert 😀 Ours is already over and done with, and I kind of missed out because my family was moving. Ahh well. It’s a good thing I eat good food everyday 😉 And 3 things I’m doing this weekend: driving to the mountains, snowboarding down the mountains, and driving back home.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. pumpkin oat greek yogurt muffins .My Profile

• Ellie November 20, 2015, 9:26 am

I am making sweet potato casserole and brownies for Thanksgiving! I can’t wait because the recipes are so east and super good. This weekend I am going to the Celebration for the Turkeys at Farm Sanctuary to volunteer for the event and then EAT a massive vegan Thanksgiving! I’m so excited!
    Ellie recently posted…#FastFriday [11/20/2015]My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl November 20, 2015, 9:45 am

I am making a roasted asparagus and butternut squash veggie side, a pumpkin apple spice loaf for a bread/dessert, and my pumpkin pouffle for a dessert for my family’s thanksgiving! I think your attitude is spot on.
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Thanksgiving ThoughtsMy Profile

• Shannon November 20, 2015, 12:16 pm

I have no idea what I am going to make yet besides the usual potatoes and stuffing! There are too many choices!
    Shannon recently posted…Easy Classic Herb StuffingMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 20, 2015, 1:23 pm

Oh, I hope you enjoy my pizza recipe! You have so many good recipes linked up that I’ll have to check out – I love Thanksgiving foods. We go fairly traditional for Thanksgiving: brined and roasted turkey, goat cheese mashed potatoes, whole grain stuff, cranberry sauce, lots of roasted veggies, and pumpkin pie. Just Ryan and I this year so we’ll be eating leftovers for the whole weekend!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…40+ Healthy and Delicious Thanksgiving RecipesMy Profile

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement November 20, 2015, 2:38 pm

I’m cooking this year and looking forward too it! I love cooking and have “healthified” all of my sides except that I don’t touch my husband’s favorite green bean casserole. Not sure what we are making for dessert yet. I love pumpkin but I don’t like pumpkin pie so that isn’t on the menu for us.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…25 QuestionsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 23, 2015, 1:03 pm

I am making a bunch of side dishes this year and don’t normally so I am really looking forward to it too!

• lindsay November 20, 2015, 2:42 pm

Don’t forget to set me a place! I want them all. xxoo oh and i’ll come for the harvest pizza too!