WIAW – I didn’t Have oatmeal For breakfast

Did anyone happen to catch this oatmeal deal from Whole Foods earlier this week?

whole foods

I am a little sorry that I didn’t get there, this might have been the cheapest thing ever sold at Whole Foods, not to mention, it’s like, my favorite food.

Ironically enough though, we are about to looking at what I ate on Sunday, which did not involve oatmeal. I know, right?! Weird.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

We normally see oatmeal at this point in the post. Please don’t be nervous or confused, it’s still me eating, typing and editing the photos.

peanut butter and jelly on english muffin

I may attempt to rotate between my usual oatmeal and these toasty english muffins with peanut butter and jelly more often. It’s a little hard to do when it comes to pre and post workout food because sometimes my appetite needs the filling bowls of oatmeal instead but I am going to try to find some sort of balance.

I tend to eat the exact same foods in a repetitive manner and I realize that english muffins with peanut butter aren’t overly diverse but it’s something slightly different to eat in the morning and I really do love them and miss them, so we will see.

Lunch:

After doing some stuff around the house, I went over to the mall.

One of my favorite things to do is get a Red Mango parfait and walk the mall. By myself.

I didn’t buy anything at any of the stores, other than the parfait, but it’s so much fun (and relaxing) to window shop while eating spoonfuls of yogurt mixed with granola, chocolate chips and berries.

red mango

Dinner:

I came home later in the day to get Sunday dinner going, which as you already know, was meatless meatballs.

meatless meatballs

I made spaghetti squash to serve with the meatballs and roasted some vegetables too.

Really, a perfect dinner.

Dessert:

I must have been in the mood to mix things up big time today because I skipped my nighttime apple with peanut butter and popped up some popcorn instead.

popcorn

Remember you can pop your popcorn in a brown paper bag? Best popcorn popping tip ever!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

What I ate on Sunday #wiaw #redmango #meatless #fitfluential Click To Tweet

*****************

Anyone go to Whole Foods for the 25 cent oatmeal?

Do you try to rotate your breakfasts or do you eat the same thing every morning?

Favorite thing to do by yourself?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine October 28, 2015, 5:23 am

Lately I have been eating the same thing for breakfast every morning but I try to rotate my mid-morning snack which is kind of like breakfast #2. I feel like I haven’t eaten popcorn in like 5 years! I think its one of those foods I usually forget about.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…DC Weekend Recap + FoodMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:57 pm

I forget about popcorn too from time to time, or, I remember but then don’t want it lol

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl October 28, 2015, 7:59 am

I go in phases with breakfast – sometimes it’s eggs for days, especially doing a frittata/quiche for meal prep on the weekend and eating it until it’s gone. Other times it becomes oatmeal, and I am loving trying Arman’s microwave GF english muffin now since I don’t like packaged ones but do love a good PB&J muffin like yours 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #29: First Week at WorkMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:56 pm

I have to make his English muffins again, I had made it once or twice last year – really good.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma October 28, 2015, 8:08 am

It’s funny how we get used to the same exact things for breakfast every morning! And yes, you missed out on the cheapest thing ever sold at whole foods!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Some Old, Some NewMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns October 28, 2015, 8:16 am

I’ve only been to a Whole Foods once before, so I had no idea about this deal! There’s one about two miles from my apartment, but I dont want to get sucked into their vortex and end up broke!!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…WIAW : Monday Day in the LifeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:55 pm

OMG you have to go once in a while for the food bar. Best roasted vegetables!

• Jessie October 28, 2015, 8:38 am

It’s funny you mention about the english muffin meal not filling you up. I actually replaced my usual morning overnight oatmeal with a cinnamon raisin english muffin topped with peanut butter & apple slices. I swear not even an hour later I was starving! Thank goodness I was stopping for coffee.. which means chocolate covered coffee beans as well 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:54 pm

But they are so good, even if not always filling. I love the cinnamon raisin English muffins with peanut butter 🙂

• Lilly October 28, 2015, 9:22 am

Oh man that parfait looks all sorts of fabulous. And walking around the mall on your own just window shopping sounds exactly like something I would do. Wandering around alone can be so therapeutic, I find. One my absolute favorite things to do are to get a falafel, sneak it into a movie theatre and see a movie alone. No shame! Its nice to rotate breakfasts, but we can all keep our tried and true favorites 🙂
    Lilly recently posted…WIAW: The gym was closed… so I made pesto (recipe)My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 28, 2015, 9:39 am

I actually prefer to go to the mall by myself too… or to not go to the mall at all 😆 I used to be such a mall rat back in the day, but now I put it off as long as humanely possible. And I definitely have a habit of falling into breakfast ruts, but lately I’ve been pretty good at eating different things depending on what I wake up craving.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. baked egg stuffed sweet potatoes .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:53 pm

I still love going to the mall, when I wear sneakers that is 🙂 Much more comfortable that way.

• Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me October 28, 2015, 10:07 am

Wow only a quarter?! That’s awesome, and I am actually bummed I missed out.It would have been a fun gathering for friends and I. English muffins are amazing, but for some reason, I always forget about them. Then, when I have them again, I am reminded why I love them so much.

Favorite thing to do by myself: read outside by the pool. There’s just something about good literature, warm sun, and sweet silence that is optimum and serene for me.

Happy Wednesday!

• Emily October 28, 2015, 10:28 am

Boy, I have a goal to try Red Mango sometime soon, because I’ve seen so many ‘drool worthy’ parfaits on so many blogs. 🙂 And I <3 oatmeal for breakfast, but I also really like english muffins. I haven't had an english muffin in forever. O_O
    Emily recently posted…Why I’m Not Against ‘Junk Food’My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:49 pm

Red Mango is the best and I make the best parfaits, if I do say so myself 🙂

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement October 28, 2015, 10:40 am

I make my popcorn in a brown bag too! So easy and so much healthier than those store bought bags.
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…A full moon run and froyo!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:47 pm

It’s so crazy easy I can’t believe I didn’t know about it years ago!

• Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 28, 2015, 10:53 am

I always rotate! I have so many favorites and only 7 breakfasts a week 😛 Hahahha! But oatmeals, quinoa or buckwheat porridge, and normal cereal are usually my weekday picks!

• Sarah @pickyrunner October 28, 2015, 11:24 am

I was just thinking about how I was craving popcorn lately. So now you have me convinced I need to go buy some. I’m going to attempt to start mixing up lunch, but my other meals I love so much I have no desire to switch them. I could go for mac and cheese again!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Three Years.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:46 pm

That’s the thing – most of the time, I don’t want to switch what I eat because I really like it, so why bother myself?

• Kelly @ The Fit Skool October 28, 2015, 12:32 pm

I have never had Whole Foods 25 cent oatmeal, I think I need to try it!

I usually eat a very similar breakfast every morning, I feel like it works for me but I’m always happy when I switch things up! I love all your eats 🙂
    Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted…WIAW: On the goMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:45 pm

I wonder if whole foods will run the promotion again! I want to get some oatmeal for a quarter – so cheap!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 28, 2015, 1:08 pm

I eat the same thing for breakfast most mornings – oatmeal – but I try to vary up what fruits and nuts/seeds I add to keep it interesting. I don’t know if I could ever burn out on oatmeal, though, as it’s been my go-to breakfast for at least five years now. That, and always coffee!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Find Your Niche: 4 Ways to Follow Your PassionMy Profile

• Shannon October 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

I have been having toast with PB this week. I cannot even remember the last time I had toast before this week! I forgot how good it is.
    Shannon recently posted…DIY Flower Child HeadbandMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:44 pm

That’s what happens to me when I eat cinnamon raisin toast or an English muffin when I haven’t in a while. I have to remember to keep eating them, so good.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld October 28, 2015, 1:41 pm

WHO is this?

Next week you’ll be swapping the parfait for…something else. Seriously brown bag popcorn is underestimated, especially for a quick snack!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Four Ingredient Flourless Protein BrowniesMy Profile

• Fiona October 28, 2015, 2:35 pm

Oh, I definitely fall into that trap too of eating the same things repeatedly. It is repetitive but I actually really like the things I eat so it doesn’t bother me. But I do try to be a bit more adventurous at least once a week! Scrummy looking parfait 😀 I’m a sucker for frozen yogurt!
    Fiona recently posted…Dublin Marathon Race Recap: Wind, Rain & a Great Day OutMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2015, 4:42 pm

It doesn’t bother me either, I like eating the same things all of the time, but, I need to remember to work the English muffin with peanut butter back into my breakfasts somehow!

• Sara @ Oats & Rows October 28, 2015, 6:16 pm

Red Mango is SO good! I wish there were more around me. For breakfast, I usually have 2 on rotation for the week- one that’s quicker for my early mornings (overnight oats or oatmeal) and one that I can make when I have time in the mornings (eggs+avocado…and bacon lately!) My favorite thing to do by myself is go to the grocery store..it’s like my little ‘me time.’
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…My First Year of Blogging: My Experience Told by Kristen WiigMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

I think that’s the perfect rotation of balance of flavors! Oatmeal and overnight oats are my fave 🙂

• Miss Polkadot October 28, 2015, 6:38 pm

Prior to yesterday I would have said I wasn’t going to switch up my breakfast until running out of kabocha. But when the latter was watery I had to and: oatmeal to the rescue! I just don’t think anything else would fill me up as much. I’ve never had Starbucks’ oatmeal because they don’t offer it over here but if they did and there was a store close by I definitely would have gone!
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Are protein bars actually fuelling your recovery?My Profile

• Arthi October 28, 2015, 9:16 pm

That parfait looks delicious!

My favorite thing to do by myself is grocery shop/wine-shop. I could spend hours wandering up and down the aisles looking at all the new things I haven’t seen on shelves before. It’s oddly relaxing!
    Arthi recently posted…Since you’ve been gone …My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 29, 2015, 6:06 am

I recently went on an English Muffin kick, but that’s because Amanda left some here. I didn’t hate it. In fact, I rather enjoyed those muffins. Maybe I should get some more.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…WIAW: The Family Dinner EditionMy Profile

• AmandaM October 29, 2015, 11:09 am

I LOVED your mall confession and the witty way you expressed it. Except for the mango parfait part, one of my favorite things to do is walk the mall and “meditate” while going into all the shops. Well… it’s my form of meditation 🙂 I space out and look at pretty clothes/objects. I’m perfectly content with not buying anything. I’ve realized I’m just as happy (and sometimes happier b/c I haven’t spent any money!) if I don’t buy something. It’s the experience that is so pleasant. I try to be friendly enough to the sales people that are eager to help me but sometimes I just want to say “No! I want silence. I don’t want to talk to anyone.” Ha!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 29, 2015, 3:26 pm

hahaha love it! I am always like, no I don’t want to talk to anyone lol