WIAW – I didn’t Have oatmeal For breakfast

Did anyone happen to catch this oatmeal deal from Whole Foods earlier this week?

whole foods

I am a little sorry that I didn’t get there, this might have been the cheapest thing ever sold at Whole Foods, not to mention, it’s like, my favorite food.

Ironically enough though, we are about to looking at what I ate on Sunday, which did not involve oatmeal. I know, right?! Weird.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

We normally see oatmeal at this point in the post. Please don’t be nervous or confused, it’s still me eating, typing and editing the photos.

peanut butter and jelly on english muffin

I may attempt to rotate between my usual oatmeal and these toasty english muffins with peanut butter and jelly more often. It’s a little hard to do when it comes to pre and post workout food because sometimes my appetite needs the filling bowls of oatmeal instead but I am going to try to find some sort of balance.

I tend to eat the exact same foods in a repetitive manner and I realize that english muffins with peanut butter aren’t overly diverse but it’s something slightly different to eat in the morning and I really do love them and miss them, so we will see.

Lunch:

After doing some stuff around the house, I went over to the mall.

One of my favorite things to do is get a Red Mango parfait and walk the mall. By myself.

I didn’t buy anything at any of the stores, other than the parfait, but it’s so much fun (and relaxing) to window shop while eating spoonfuls of yogurt mixed with granola, chocolate chips and berries.

red mango

Dinner:

I came home later in the day to get Sunday dinner going, which as you already know, was meatless meatballs.

meatless meatballs

I made spaghetti squash to serve with the meatballs and roasted some vegetables too.

Really, a perfect dinner.

Dessert:

I must have been in the mood to mix things up big time today because I skipped my nighttime apple with peanut butter and popped up some popcorn instead.

popcorn

Remember you can pop your popcorn in a brown paper bag? Best popcorn popping tip ever!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

What I ate on Sunday #wiaw #redmango #meatless #fitfluential Click To Tweet

*****************

Anyone go to Whole Foods for the 25 cent oatmeal?

Do you try to rotate your breakfasts or do you eat the same thing every morning?

Favorite thing to do by yourself?

Comments

1. says

Lately I have been eating the same thing for breakfast every morning but I try to rotate my mid-morning snack which is kind of like breakfast #2. I feel like I haven’t eaten popcorn in like 5 years! I think its one of those foods I usually forget about.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…DC Weekend Recap + FoodMy Profile

2. says

I go in phases with breakfast – sometimes it’s eggs for days, especially doing a frittata/quiche for meal prep on the weekend and eating it until it’s gone. Other times it becomes oatmeal, and I am loving trying Arman’s microwave GF english muffin now since I don’t like packaged ones but do love a good PB&J muffin like yours 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #29: First Week at WorkMy Profile

3. says

It’s funny you mention about the english muffin meal not filling you up. I actually replaced my usual morning overnight oatmeal with a cinnamon raisin english muffin topped with peanut butter & apple slices. I swear not even an hour later I was starving! Thank goodness I was stopping for coffee.. which means chocolate covered coffee beans as well 🙂

4. says

Oh man that parfait looks all sorts of fabulous. And walking around the mall on your own just window shopping sounds exactly like something I would do. Wandering around alone can be so therapeutic, I find. One my absolute favorite things to do are to get a falafel, sneak it into a movie theatre and see a movie alone. No shame! Its nice to rotate breakfasts, but we can all keep our tried and true favorites 🙂
    Lilly recently posted…WIAW: The gym was closed… so I made pesto (recipe)My Profile

5. says

I actually prefer to go to the mall by myself too… or to not go to the mall at all 😆 I used to be such a mall rat back in the day, but now I put it off as long as humanely possible. And I definitely have a habit of falling into breakfast ruts, but lately I’ve been pretty good at eating different things depending on what I wake up craving.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. baked egg stuffed sweet potatoes .My Profile

6. says

Wow only a quarter?! That’s awesome, and I am actually bummed I missed out.It would have been a fun gathering for friends and I. English muffins are amazing, but for some reason, I always forget about them. Then, when I have them again, I am reminded why I love them so much.

Favorite thing to do by myself: read outside by the pool. There’s just something about good literature, warm sun, and sweet silence that is optimum and serene for me.

Happy Wednesday!

7. says

Boy, I have a goal to try Red Mango sometime soon, because I’ve seen so many ‘drool worthy’ parfaits on so many blogs. 🙂 And I <3 oatmeal for breakfast, but I also really like english muffins. I haven't had an english muffin in forever. O_O
    Emily recently posted…Why I’m Not Against ‘Junk Food’My Profile

8. says

I was just thinking about how I was craving popcorn lately. So now you have me convinced I need to go buy some. I’m going to attempt to start mixing up lunch, but my other meals I love so much I have no desire to switch them. I could go for mac and cheese again!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Three Years.My Profile

9. says

I have never had Whole Foods 25 cent oatmeal, I think I need to try it!

I usually eat a very similar breakfast every morning, I feel like it works for me but I’m always happy when I switch things up! I love all your eats 🙂
    Kelly @ The Fit Skool recently posted…WIAW: On the goMy Profile

10. says

Red Mango is SO good! I wish there were more around me. For breakfast, I usually have 2 on rotation for the week- one that’s quicker for my early mornings (overnight oats or oatmeal) and one that I can make when I have time in the mornings (eggs+avocado…and bacon lately!) My favorite thing to do by myself is go to the grocery store..it’s like my little ‘me time.’
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…My First Year of Blogging: My Experience Told by Kristen WiigMy Profile

11. says

Prior to yesterday I would have said I wasn’t going to switch up my breakfast until running out of kabocha. But when the latter was watery I had to and: oatmeal to the rescue! I just don’t think anything else would fill me up as much. I’ve never had Starbucks’ oatmeal because they don’t offer it over here but if they did and there was a store close by I definitely would have gone!
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Are protein bars actually fuelling your recovery?My Profile

12. says

That parfait looks delicious!

My favorite thing to do by myself is grocery shop/wine-shop. I could spend hours wandering up and down the aisles looking at all the new things I haven’t seen on shelves before. It’s oddly relaxing!
    Arthi recently posted…Since you’ve been gone …My Profile

13. AmandaM says

I LOVED your mall confession and the witty way you expressed it. Except for the mango parfait part, one of my favorite things to do is walk the mall and “meditate” while going into all the shops. Well… it’s my form of meditation 🙂 I space out and look at pretty clothes/objects. I’m perfectly content with not buying anything. I’ve realized I’m just as happy (and sometimes happier b/c I haven’t spent any money!) if I don’t buy something. It’s the experience that is so pleasant. I try to be friendly enough to the sales people that are eager to help me but sometimes I just want to say “No! I want silence. I don’t want to talk to anyone.” Ha!