weekend sentence per picture

I haven’t done a weekend sentence per picture in a while!

You are reminded once again why your best friends are your best friends when you go to The Cheesecake Factory and all order the same salad for lunch.

cheesecake factory salads

Sometimes I get Red Mango with only one topping.

red mango

I am surrounded by the orange and blue wherever I go right now but it’s not in celebration of my Islanders, it’s all about my son’s Mets. I am a Yankees fan but this World Series stuff is still fun I suppose.

orange and blue balloons

I went three months easily without Maoz and now I have had my favorite salad three times in less than two weeks.

Maoz salad

Nothing is more exciting about completing a long run than coming home to eat your favorite post-run breakfast. I always prepare the oatmeal in a jar in advance so it’s ready and waiting for me.

oatmeal in a jar

I made a good attempt at the healthified chocolate-caramel apples on Saturday. They didn’t come out great appearance wise (the dates didn’t blend up too well) but the taste was spot on.

chocolate caramel apples

Weekly manicure accomplished along with a 10 minute massage < – much needed.

essie nail polish

Not a bad way to relax in the morning after eating breakfast.

pro compression

When you walk in for ONE THING and find yourself with a full basket.

trader joe's groceries

After shopping around yesterday, I came home to cook dinner while watching old episodes of Sex and the City = perfect afternoon.

turkey meatballs

Turkey meatballs for my son (above) and meatless meatballs for me.

meatless meatballs

Recipe to come this week 🙂

Speaking of this week, lots going on! Three soccer games (I hope I go to the right field), Hebrew school (always a task getting him to go), a school field strip, an all day event for me in the city tomorrow and Halloween quickly approaching — I didn’t even buy the candy yet to give the trick or treaters.

What kind of candy are you giving out? Did you buy it yet?

Favorite baseball team? Are you paying attention to the World Series?

If you could only have one topping on your ice cream/frozen yogurt, which would you choose?

Sentence per picture from the weekend #redmango #salads @maozvegetarian @procompression #keepittight #cheesecakefactory #weekend #meatless Click To Tweet

• Susie @ SuzLyfe October 26, 2015, 7:01 am

I have never really lived anywhere that had to/got to give out candy! We had a long driveway on a busier road, so we miiiight get one trick or treater a year. And now we live in a highrise. So all the candy? FOR ME
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Glam Squad Weekend #WeWearPinkMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma October 26, 2015, 8:14 am

I bought candy weeks ago and hid it in my closet like I do every year 🙂 We are not Mets fans here and who am I kidding, I am not into Baseball either way! Love that CF salad, used to be my favorite.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…NYC Marathon Training Week 15 RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Cheesecake has some new “healthy” menu items, we should check it out next.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns October 26, 2015, 8:33 am

I stopped paying attention to the playoffs when the Pirates lost (still annoyed we’re the 2nd best team in the country yet we lost a wild card game and are out…SUCKS) but I’m cheering for the Mets! When I get Froyo I always choose cookie dough and brownie bits even though they’re so expensive..just too good. Plus lots of fudge 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…MIMM: Just Another Race WeekendMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl October 26, 2015, 9:01 am

I love TJ’s crunchy peanut butter, I just bought a jar for my office when I have runger emergencies 🙂 And one topping is fine when it’s dark chocolate chips!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekend Updates and the Poland Springs 5M Marathon KickoffMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 26, 2015, 9:57 am

We always get the mix with peanut butter M&Ms to give out, and then I keep all of those for myself and give out the other candy. Halloween candy is my favorite candy and one of the few times of year I eat it.
    It sounds like you had a fun weekend! Your froyo is perfect – chocolate chips are the only topping needed!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers 10/19/15 – 10/25/15My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:16 am

I love peanut butter m&m’s!!!! Also, I tried again to leave a comment, it just kept freezing but I am going to try again. SOmetimes it just takes a little longer to get it to work, and I wonder if it’s bloglovin and time of day that I try to comment? Who knows.

• Sarah @pickyrunner October 26, 2015, 10:18 am

I used to pick out the candy my parents would give out so I could eat it all haha sadly we don’t have trick or treaters in my apartment complex. You just made me want ice cream… at 10am… typical.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Training 10/18-10/24My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2015, 10:23 am

Holy grail ice cream topping will always and forever be chocolate chips… especially if they’re mini. And I don’t get kids stopping by for trick or treating, so no candy buying for me. I might spend the evening over at my parents’, though… They just moved to a pretty kid heavy neighbourhood so maybe they’ll get some that I can give candy to!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 10/25 .My Profile

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement October 26, 2015, 10:35 am

I love cookie dough on my froyo. Last week I had pumpkin and salted caramel froyo and it was delish!
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…Princess Leia and Pumpkin CarvingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:15 am

I tasted Red Mango’s pumpkin spice yogurt the other day. I just like a little taste, I never fill the cup with it but it’s good.

• Hayley @ Full of Life October 26, 2015, 11:20 am

It’s impossible to walk into a store for one thing and not leave with at least 10! Especially at Trader Joe’s or Target. I haven’t gotten any Halloween candy yet but I kind of want to be “that house” on the block that gives out king size candy bars 😉

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:14 am

Yes to the king size bars! I always recall the houses that gave those out!

• Frank October 26, 2015, 12:27 pm

I grew up in Brooklyn.
    Where I lived it was overwhelmingly Mets fans.
    I was 13 when they won in 1969.
    Some things will never change.
    Let’s go Mets!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:14 am

It’s an exciting time in new York for the mets fans! I can appreciate it.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 26, 2015, 2:39 pm

Now I want one of those salads. It looks fantastic.

We’ve got a giant bag of Cosco size Halloween candy at home in the basement. The problem is I keep sneaking pieces.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:13 am

I don’t blame you for sneaking the pieces, those bags are so enticing.

• Shannon October 26, 2015, 2:46 pm

I am not really a fan of toppings on ice cream/froyo but if I had to choose, I would pick oreos or Reese’s. I bought my candy yesterday to give out. I have a mix of snickers. 3 musketeers, and m&m’s.
    Shannon recently posted…Vegan Three MusketeersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:13 am

I love that Halloween candy mix! I need to read your post on those vegan muskateers, those were always my favorite.

• Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons October 26, 2015, 2:50 pm

I still haven’t bought candy yet – so I have no idea what we’ll be giving out. Because I like to cut it close, I’ll probably buy it Saturday morning 🙂
    This is the first year my little guy is actually trick-or-treating, so I’m not sure if we’ll be home much to give out the candy. Ours will be that house with the bowl on the front step with a note that says “Please take one” – and you know the first group of kids that comes by will take it all!
    Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons recently posted…Recovery Week Running RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:12 am

Aw, have so much fun for your first year of trick or treating! I remember taking my son around in the stroller, I ate most of the candy he got.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld October 26, 2015, 6:34 pm

Dude, there are DATES within the apple coating? You are a genius- I think they look pretty darn epic regardless 😉

Can I buy myself Candy? I swear the PB cups in seasonal sizes have more peanut butter or it might be my imagination
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Weekly Catch up + Your Questions Answered Part 1My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:12 am

Yes, I followed a recipe fairly closely to have the dates serve the same purpose as a caramel coating. Taste was good, ability to spread and dip like caramel, not so much. I may try again.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine October 26, 2015, 7:34 pm

We have been trying to figure out how much candy to get! Now that we are out in the suburbs we are expecting alot more trick or treaters than we got in the city. Rob doesn’t let me buy really good candy because if its in the house he binge eats it. But I am sure I will get at least one good kind of candy and maybe just hide it from him:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Week 12My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2015, 8:11 am

Oh yes, the suburbs will certainly bring around the kids looking for candy! My parents always gave out tootsie pops which were not the kind of candy any one of us wanted to binge eat lol. I buy the good stuff now but most of it is gone from the amount of trick or treaters we get.