weekend sentence per picture

I haven’t done a weekend sentence per picture in a while!

You are reminded once again why your best friends are your best friends when you go to The Cheesecake Factory and all order the same salad for lunch.

cheesecake factory salads

Sometimes I get Red Mango with only one topping.

red mango

I am surrounded by the orange and blue wherever I go right now but it’s not in celebration of my Islanders, it’s all about my son’s Mets. I am a Yankees fan but this World Series stuff is still fun I suppose.

orange and blue balloons

I went three months easily without Maoz and now I have had my favorite salad three times in less than two weeks.

Maoz salad

Nothing is more exciting about completing a long run than coming home to eat your favorite post-run breakfast. I always prepare the oatmeal in a jar in advance so it’s ready and waiting for me.

oatmeal in a jar

I made a good attempt at the healthified chocolate-caramel apples on Saturday. They didn’t come out great appearance wise (the dates didn’t blend up too well) but the taste was spot on.

chocolate caramel apples

Weekly manicure accomplished along with a 10 minute massage < – much needed.

essie nail polish

Not a bad way to relax in the morning after eating breakfast.

pro compression

When you walk in for ONE THING and find yourself with a full basket.

trader joe's groceries

After shopping around yesterday, I came home to cook dinner while watching old episodes of Sex and the City = perfect afternoon.

turkey meatballs

Turkey meatballs for my son (above) and meatless meatballs for me.

meatless meatballs

Recipe to come this week 🙂

Speaking of this week, lots going on! Three soccer games (I hope I go to the right field), Hebrew school (always a task getting him to go), a school field strip, an all day event for me in the city tomorrow and Halloween quickly approaching — I didn’t even buy the candy yet to give the trick or treaters.

What kind of candy are you giving out? Did you buy it yet?

Favorite baseball team? Are you paying attention to the World Series?

If you could only have one topping on your ice cream/frozen yogurt, which would you choose?

Sentence per picture from the weekend #redmango #salads @maozvegetarian @procompression #keepittight #cheesecakefactory #weekend #meatless Click To Tweet

Comments

1. says

I stopped paying attention to the playoffs when the Pirates lost (still annoyed we’re the 2nd best team in the country yet we lost a wild card game and are out…SUCKS) but I’m cheering for the Mets! When I get Froyo I always choose cookie dough and brownie bits even though they’re so expensive..just too good. Plus lots of fudge 🙂
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…MIMM: Just Another Race WeekendMy Profile

2. says

We always get the mix with peanut butter M&Ms to give out, and then I keep all of those for myself and give out the other candy. Halloween candy is my favorite candy and one of the few times of year I eat it.
    It sounds like you had a fun weekend! Your froyo is perfect – chocolate chips are the only topping needed!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers 10/19/15 – 10/25/15My Profile

3. says

Holy grail ice cream topping will always and forever be chocolate chips… especially if they’re mini. And I don’t get kids stopping by for trick or treating, so no candy buying for me. I might spend the evening over at my parents’, though… They just moved to a pretty kid heavy neighbourhood so maybe they’ll get some that I can give candy to!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 10/25 .My Profile

4. says

It’s impossible to walk into a store for one thing and not leave with at least 10! Especially at Trader Joe’s or Target. I haven’t gotten any Halloween candy yet but I kind of want to be “that house” on the block that gives out king size candy bars 😉

5. Frank says

I grew up in Brooklyn.
    Where I lived it was overwhelmingly Mets fans.
    I was 13 when they won in 1969.
    Some things will never change.
    Let’s go Mets!

6. says

I am not really a fan of toppings on ice cream/froyo but if I had to choose, I would pick oreos or Reese’s. I bought my candy yesterday to give out. I have a mix of snickers. 3 musketeers, and m&m’s.
    Shannon recently posted…Vegan Three MusketeersMy Profile

7. says

I still haven’t bought candy yet – so I have no idea what we’ll be giving out. Because I like to cut it close, I’ll probably buy it Saturday morning 🙂
    This is the first year my little guy is actually trick-or-treating, so I’m not sure if we’ll be home much to give out the candy. Ours will be that house with the bowl on the front step with a note that says “Please take one” – and you know the first group of kids that comes by will take it all!
    Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons recently posted…Recovery Week Running RecapMy Profile

• says

Yes, I followed a recipe fairly closely to have the dates serve the same purpose as a caramel coating. Taste was good, ability to spread and dip like caramel, not so much. I may try again.

8. says

We have been trying to figure out how much candy to get! Now that we are out in the suburbs we are expecting alot more trick or treaters than we got in the city. Rob doesn’t let me buy really good candy because if its in the house he binge eats it. But I am sure I will get at least one good kind of candy and maybe just hide it from him:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Week 12My Profile

• says

Oh yes, the suburbs will certainly bring around the kids looking for candy! My parents always gave out tootsie pops which were not the kind of candy any one of us wanted to binge eat lol. I buy the good stuff now but most of it is gone from the amount of trick or treaters we get.