Islanders in Brooklyn, Savory Salads & Apple Crisp

So Friday night, through the rain via train (we even did the change at Jamaica) we went to see our Islanders play their first ever opening night game in Brooklyn.

Barclays-Center

This season is going to be an adjustment and let’s just leave it at that before I go off on a long-winded ranting tirade.

What I will say though is that the highlight and probably strongest selling point for getting me to Brooklyn is that The Barclays Center does indeed have a better selection of food than the Coliseum did.

I paid more than I care to admit for these two slices of grandma pizza but I did so enjoy them. Have I mentioned I am on a pizza kick lately?

pizza

And how can I complain about having the Sugar Factory in my now home building?

sugar factory

The colors of the candy made us feel more comfortable, for sure.

Sugar Factory

We shared the most expensive m&m’s of our lives.

m&m's

I think I over-satisfied my sweet tooth with the m&m’s because for the rest of the weekend, I was in a mostly savory mood.

I craved a greek salad for lunch on Saturday at the diner over my usual order of baked oatmeal.

greek salad

Always add avocado to your salad orders when possible!

I haven’t had my favorite Maoz salad in forever. It felt good to be back.

Maoz

My friend and I also shared a side order from The Little Beet because we couldn’t pass up the roasted vegetables and sweet potatoes.

The Little Beet

I may not have been in the cupcake mood but how cute is this Kate Spade purse?

Kate Spade cupcake purse

Yesterday may have been a rest day from running but I certainly didn’t rest much. I finally tackled my son’s drawers and closets and while in the midst of sorting through board games and looking for puzzle pieces, I also found myself in the kitchen to throw together a new healthy apple crisp recipe.

apple crisp

And basically ate the whole thing by the time it was dark outside. I think that means it was good.

Islanders in Brooklyn, Savory Salads & An Apple Crisp Click To Tweet

*************

What food or flavor have you been craving lately?

Apple Crisp or Apple Pie?

Who ran a race this weekend?! How was it?

• Jessie October 12, 2015, 5:55 am

well hello post with all my favorite food! All that’s needed is some oatmeal with a huge blob of peanut butter 🙂

• Andrea October 12, 2015, 6:01 am

I came up with a healthy apple crisp recipe too! I am sharing it on the blog tomorrow 🙂 Great minds think alike!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2015, 11:00 am

Tis the season! I really liked the recipe I came up this time, I will have to share it soon.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe October 12, 2015, 7:47 am

Can I have apple pie with a layer of the crispy topping mixed in?
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…2015 Chicago Marathon Weekend : We #OwnChicago!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2015, 10:58 am

I usually make my thanksgiving apple crisp with a layer of crisp at the bottom and top. I will add a middle layer for you.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma October 12, 2015, 8:13 am

I’ve been meaning to make apple crisp for 3 weeks I think! I told my daughter we’ll do it together later since she has a half day 🙂 Your Monday posts with all the food are awesome 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…NYC Marathon Training Week 13 Recap & Let’s Taper!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2015, 10:58 am

I really liked the crisp I made yesterday, I think I will make it again today to make sure I perfect the recipe enough to share it. I am never sure of my measurements so I will pay attention today.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine October 12, 2015, 8:26 am

It’s so weird that the Islanders are in Brooklyn now! But that is pretty cool that they have that sugar factory in the building. Yesterday was the first time I had a rest day and felt like I really “rested”- like barely moved from the couch all day!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Week 10My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2015, 10:57 am

Sometimes we really need to lounge like that! Isn’t it crazy that they are in Brooklyn? It’s going to be quite an adjustment and I honestly don’t think we will be going nearly as often. The traveling involved is going to keep us away, especially on random week nights in the winter — no way, it’s too much!

• Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl October 12, 2015, 8:40 am

Definitely love the Dutch apple pie flavor, still working on a GF and nut-free way to do that delicious crumble! Sports event snacks are THE worst hit to your wallet, but somehow taste better…
    Alyssa @ RenaissanceRunnerGirl recently posted…Fall Foliage and Pumpkin PickingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 12, 2015, 10:55 am

I really love the crumble I made for this apple crisp – I will have to share the recipe!

• Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious October 12, 2015, 11:45 am

I have tried making apple crisp in the crockpot. That’s one to put on the list!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Butternut Squash Cranberry Salad {GF, Paleo, Vegan, Low Cal}My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 12, 2015, 12:18 pm

Your food always looks so good! I’m craving a big Greek salad now after seeing that one – and I now have to add avocados to Greek salad! Apple crisp is definitely my favorite – I love the sugary and crunchy oat topping.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 13, 2015, 7:19 pm

I covet those salads just as much as I covet those pizza slices. Balance. 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 14, 2015, 4:04 pm

and I really like a slice of pizza with a side salad. such a great meal.