Quick Autumn Oatmeal notes:I used one large Honey Crisp apple but you can use any type, size and amount you wish. Make as much or as little as you like, depending upon how much fruit you want in your oatmeal/how much you want as leftovers. This apple/raisin/peanut butter mixture can easily be cooked and stored in the refrigerator for snacks/desserts/meals later in the week. Of course I added Skoop protein powder to my oatmeal <- great flavor combination between the Skoop and the cinnamon apples. Don't forget you can save 30% right now on Skoop using the code THANKYOU30 at checkout. This meal is dairy free and refined sugar-free too. Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free oatmeal. I do not measure my ingredients. Use as many raisins as you wish. I used Crunch Time peanut butter but you can use any nut butter. As for the amount, again, less can actually be more for this dish. Less than a tablespoon (if you measure it) would work just fine. It provides peanut buttery flavor without losing sight of the taste of the apples cooked with cinnamon. Optional yummy add-ins: cranberries, walnuts, almonds, use two types of apples for flavor variety or a spoonful of pumpkin to thicken and flavor the oatmeal while giving yourself a dose of vegetables!
- 1 large diced apple of choice (I used honey crisp)
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Peanut Butter*
- 2 servings of oatmeal
- Almond milk (optional)
- Skoop protein powder (optional)
- Dice (and peel if you want) your apple(s).
- Heat a lightly greased skillet with coconut oil cooking spray or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add apples and raisins to the skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Stir frequently, adjusting the temperature to prevent the mixture from burning.
- While mixture is cooking, prepare your oatmeal if you don't have servings prepared in advance.
- After 5-7 minutes, add peanut butter to the apples and raisins and stir to coat.
- When apples are tender to your liking, remove skillet from heat.
- Divide apple mixture and add to already prepared bowls of oatmeal.
- Can be eaten over hot or cold oatmeal, adding both Skoop protein powder and a splash of almond milk to the oatmeal if you desire.
Make this autumn bowl of oatmeal today! #oatmeal #autumn #apples @healthyskoop #recipes Click To Tweet
Are you an early person overall or more on the late side with everything that you do?
Fall favorite of choice – apples or pumpkin everything?
What food could you eat all day every day without getting sick of it?