Important Weekend Things

So what constitutes important weekend things?

My pizza at Emilio’s Friday night. It may have been slightly burned but I ate it anyway. I love the corner slices from a grandma pie.

grandma pizza

This chopped vegetable salad, which arrived at the table after I snacked on the above pizza.

chopped vegetable salad

They chop it all up so super fine that it arrives in a fancy pile, until you knock it all down with your fork and dig in.

Emilio's-chopped-vegetable-salad

Fall Harvest Salsa has arrived at Trader Joe’s. Yes, it’s good.

fall harvest salad

When your almost 12 year-old son suggests going to the Main Event for lunch to watch the Subway Series (Yankees vs. Mets) instead of walking around a street fair, you absolutely agree because your legs need the rest after running 14 serious miles.

lunch

Totally needed a baked potato to go along with the salad…and onion rings.

The picture from dinner Saturday night came out so cool. #nofilter

dinner at Serata

A simple hot fudge sundae at Friendly’s arrived at my table looking all fancy.

Friendly's sundae

Windy conditions down by the beach yesterday morning for the American Heart Walk created wind blown hair.

windy

While I was technically supposed to be walking at the Heart Walk (in memory of my childhood friend Adam), Adam’s dad needed something to eat so I was in charge of running a bagel ahead to him.

Of course I can hold a bagel on a plate and run.

American Heart Walk

New Lululemon Run Top Speed Crops^^  — I bought them on sale 🙂

In other lululemon news:

I brought a pair of my Run Inspire crops back to the store to be fixed by the lululemon tailor. After three years, the seams were starting to fray and they will fix them for you for free.

Also, I had two tops (one short sleeve Run Swiftly and one tank top from a few years ago that they do not sell anymore) that were not wearing well so they allowed me to EXCHANGE them for two new tops of my choice!

lululemon

I went with a pretty new pink Run Swiftly with a slight tie-die pattern plus a polka dot Power Y tank.

It’s a little chilly out this morning which is reminding me to take a look at my cooler weather workout clothes to see if I will need anything new for the upcoming Fall/Winter seasons.

I’m thinking a new long sleeve Run Swiftly is in order as well as another Race Your Pace 1/2 Zip because I like the cuff-over for keeping the hands warm but I actually don’t see this top on the lululemon website at the moment which is making me nervous!

Important weekend things #pizza #lululemon #weekend #icecream #heartwalk2015 Click To Tweet

****************

Favorite kind of pizza?

Did you try the new Harvest Salsa from Trader Joe’s?

Did you get new fall workout clothes yet?

• Tina Muir September 21, 2015, 5:59 am

How did I miss that salsa when I was at Tjs yday? I think I must have just been making a beeline for the pineapple one, damn it tina! Haha. That salad looks amazing, but yes, no delicate way to eat it. Very pretty though 🙂 Glad you had a fun weekend lady!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean EnchiladasMy Profile

• Tina Muir September 21, 2015, 5:59 am

• Jessie September 21, 2015, 6:12 am

Friendly’s has some of the best ice cream. Am I right.. or am I right? 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:45 am

Yes! BTW – I read your post from my phone but couldn’t comment but want to go back to comment soon. You are doing an amazing job as a mom of those little girls and the time you give to yourself on Fridays will benefit you greatly 🙂

• Suzy September 21, 2015, 6:48 am

That’s really cool that Lulu will do that for you. I haven’t bought any new running clothes in a long time! All of my stuff is still in tact, albeit a little stale and smelly. They’re just for running though and I don’t care what I look like or smell like when I’m out there. I’d rather spend money on non-running clothes! Although Lulu would be non-running clothes for me. I love their stuff.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:44 am

I am the same as you – I would rather spend my money on regular clothes and don’t care what I wear or if I match when I run. But, I do invest in a few things from lulu which I rotate all week every week because it fits the best, holds up the best over the years and looks nice too 🙂

• Susie @ SuzLyfe September 21, 2015, 7:16 am

Must. Try. That. Salsa. ANd you were so kind to bring him a plate for his bagel!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Let’s Get Physical: 20 Miles and Bright Pink FitFest 2015My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma September 21, 2015, 8:05 am

I need a few new lulu items I think! I love getting things on sale but it’s so hard with the timing. That dinner lighting is crazy, all your food looks awesome, especially the Emilios lol 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…NYC Marathon Training Week 10 – A TwistMy Profile

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl September 21, 2015, 8:27 am

Wow, Lulu is expensive but for that kind of service I might go for more of their items! It’s why my family is all about LL Bean, they will fix totes and bags they don’t even produce anymore 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Peanut Butter Confetti MuffinsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:36 am

Their stuff is pricey but I find it fits me the best and is the most durable. And now, for things that didn’t hold up so great, to replace them is awesome.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine September 21, 2015, 8:50 am

I don’t mind burnt pizza either! I love the crust, and when its a little overcooked that’s fine with me because I like it crispy. I feel like fall running clothes don’t exist, because I go from shorts and tank tops to tights and layers. I love being able to wear capris and a long sleeved t-shirt, but I can’t justify buying that stuff because I only get to wear it for like a week!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Route 66 Marathon Training Week 7My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:34 am

I try to make my fall workout clothes work in the winter but layering them all. I am pretty short so my crops can stretch down to full length for the winter lol

• heather September 21, 2015, 8:53 am

I love salad and that chopped salad looks delicious. I don’t like to eat burnt pizza, but I love a good margarita (sp) pizza. I know there is a different way to spell that but maybe my mind is telling me that I need a margarita? Glad to see you had a great weekend!!!
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:33 am

It’s such a great salad! I would have preferred my pizza not burned but it was still good!

• Jamie September 21, 2015, 9:26 am

Best kind of pizza is veggie pizza! I love making homemade pizza and ever since I started, I’m so spoiled I don’t like restaurant pizza any more! I totally need to go through my fall/winter workout clothes and see what I need or what I can get rid of. Sadly I don’t think I NEED much… just WANT all the Lulu 🙂
    Jamie recently posted…Remember When?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 21, 2015, 10:32 am

I don’t think I need much either but maybe a new long sleeve top, from Lulu 🙂 Love their stuff, even if it’s pricey, overall, it holds up the best…Love veggie pizza.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 21, 2015, 10:46 am

I love that Lulu let you do that. I haven’t actually been in there for a really long time, so I’m thinking a trip is on odder soon. Then again, I’m in serious need of a trip to Sephora as well, so I should probably separate the two or else my wallet is going to hate me 😆

• Sarah @pickyrunner September 21, 2015, 11:39 am

Okayyyyy your food this week was amazing. That pizza is the star of the show for me. I know, even more than the sundae which does look pretty fantastic. Love the picture of you at the heart walk with your hair all beachy!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Training 9/13-9/19My Profile

• Heather@hungryforbalance September 21, 2015, 12:27 pm

I didn’t know the lulu had that kind of service! It totally makes their price tag worthwhile! Also, that chopped salad looks amazing!
    Heather@hungryforbalance recently posted…Mic Fail, maybe a 5K, and a unicornMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 21, 2015, 1:47 pm

I adore onion rings and this is making me crave them. Also, I love the whole tower/knock it down salad. Very cool.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes September 21, 2015, 1:47 pm

Fall workout clothes are my favorite! I didn’t know that lulu had such amazing customer service – definitely worth the price. I have an REI membership and I love how I can return running shoes if they don’t work out well – it makes trying new shoes less stressful. I want that chopped salad – it looks so delicious!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Marathon Nutrition {Marathon Monday} + Portland Marathon Training Week 16My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 22, 2015, 3:12 pm

I had a road runners sports membership which allowed for that too when my shoes weren’t good – luckily my Adidas Energy Boosts have been awesome now going on two years! I hope they don’t tweak the models too much ever gain. I must be on my 10th pair by now!

• Gretchen September 21, 2015, 2:55 pm

You got those tops for free!?!? WHAT!? I also love how 3/4 of this post about important things is all food…I always know I’m on your blog when I see picture after picture of delicious looking food!
    Gretchen recently posted…MIMM : Weekend in Boiling SpringsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 22, 2015, 1:37 pm

Haha – I do eat good stuff, don’t I 🙂 I don’t know if we can call the tops free since I did pay for the old ones but yes, they let me exchange them. they do inspect the returns so if you have items from lulu that legitimately haven’t held up, they will exchange them I am sure.

• Grace @ Diary of a Running Snail September 21, 2015, 3:33 pm

I swear you eat the best food. Your posts always leave my mouth watering!! Thanks for heightening my already intense onion ring and ice cream cravings;)
    I love Lululemon for this exact reason. I got a hole in the seam of my 3 year old leggings and they replaced them no problem. My favourite company for soooo many reasons!
    My favourite kind of pizza is pineapple/green olive/banana peppers. Call me crazy but the sweet/salty/spicy combo does the trick.
    Grace @ Diary of a Running Snail recently posted…Playing Catch UpMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 22, 2015, 1:36 pm

Haha thanks 🙂 I always say, if I am going to eat it, it has to be worth it!