Fall-Inspired Healthy Carb Loading Recipes

As you already know, I made Amanda’s Pumpkin Banana Bread the other day which got me thinking about all of the yummy Fall recipes I have been pinning lately.

Cookie ChRUnicles pinterest

Did you happen to notice that amongst the gazillion Fall recipes floating around these days, so many of ingredients involved offer us runners lots of healthy carbohydrates and nutrients to fuel our bodies for race season?

I am a selective pinner in that most of the recipes I allow on my pinterest boards come from my favorite bloggers and those bloggers have given us awesome Fall recipes which not only taste good but coincide nicely with what our muscles need for Fall race season.

Of course I could direct you straight to my pinterest boards but there’s so much to look at that even I get overwhelmed! Instead, I put together a quick collection of Fall recipes loaded with energy and flavor to satisfy our muscles and our souls.

Inspired By Fall! Carb Loading Recipes to fuel your muscles for Fall race season

Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Banana Bread – Running With Spoons

Greek-Yogurt-Pumpkin-Banana-Bread

I already told you to make this pumpkin banana bread – do it!

Whole Grain Pumpkin Spice Butternut Squash Muffins – This Runner’s Recipes

Pumpkin-Spice-Butternut-Squash-Muffins-4-blog

I love Laura’s blog and her recipes! I really need to make these muffins considering I love butternut squash.

Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast – Running With Spoons

Apple-Cinnamon-Baked-French-Toast2

This is a perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert and I intend to make it using Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread.

Apple Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes – Paleo Running Momma

Apple Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes

Just because I don’t follow a Paleo diet doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy these pancakes.

Cheesy Acorn Squash Pasta – This Runner’s Recipes

Acorn-Squash-Mac-and-Cheese-1

I am not a huge pasta eater but I can’t stop thinking about this recipe! I do love savory squash dishes.

Roasted Harvest Veggie, Curried Avocado & Coconut Rice Bowls – Half Baked Harvest

roasted-harvest-veggie-avocado-rice-bowl

Otherwise known as my most favorite fall recipe! I first made this dish in the fall of 2013 (click here for the post) and need to make it again ASAP. Ugh, it’s so good!

15 Fall Pizza Recipes  – Gimme Some Oven

515d58da5857eee4340a9d9b7a04511d

Perfect for my recent pizza cravings.

Apple Peanut Butter S’mores Pizza – Picky Palate

Apple-Peanut-Butter-Smores-Pizza-15t

This pizza reminds me of the dessert pizza at Max Brenner! I would try to use a whole wheat or homemade pizza crust.

Fall Inspired Carb Loading Recipes For Runners #recipes #fallfoods #running #carbload… Click To Tweet

****************

Are you on pinterest? Leave the link to your boards in the comments so that I can follow you!

Favorite carb or carbs to load up on before a race?

What’s your go-to dinner the night before a race or long run?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine September 18, 2015, 5:24 am

I go through phases with pinterest but lately I have been on there all the time! Today I am going to do some meal planning for next week so I will definitely be coming back to this post and also checking out your pinterest board. Thanks for the ideas!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Simple Baked Chicken ThighsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 5:26 am

btw, I literally just tried to load your post through bloglovin and it didn’t work. I doubt it’s your site, I think it’s bloglovin. I am going to try again, if you don’t get a comment from me this morning, it means I couldn’t leave one!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 2:57 pm

I was thinking to plan ahead a bit too for dinner, my son is making me nuts lately with what he wants (and doesn’t want) to eat!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe September 18, 2015, 6:31 am

mmmmmmm carbs 😀
    You know I love my carbs. I had a pretty carb heavy day yesterday, but I’m totally ok with it because I’ll need those stores for 6ish hours of training on Saturday!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Savory Basil Sweet Potato Zucchini Muffin Top Recipe (Gluten Free)My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma September 18, 2015, 8:22 am

Looking good! Drooling now even though I just ate. And yup I’m pretty obsessed with Pinterest!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Pumpkin Fudge CookiesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 2:53 pm

I would like to actually make half of what I pin recipe-wise on pinterest.

• thesimplepeach September 18, 2015, 10:08 am

You had me at carb! Pasta is always my go to choice. I love butternut squash or pumpkin mac and cheese during this time of year!

• Suzy September 18, 2015, 10:21 am

I’m a bit of a donkey with social media so I haven’t exactly made it onto Pinterest yet. I’m still too busy learning Instagram lol. I love carbs. I talk to them like they’re my long lost lovers. That s’mores pizza looks the BEST!
    Suzy recently posted…Blended Family Friday: Ex and the CityMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 2:52 pm

You would like pinterest for the yummy food! That’s basically all I use it for personally.

• Shannon September 18, 2015, 11:36 am

I love all of these! It is pumpkin EVERYTHING right now, and I haven’t fully jumped on board yet.
    Shannon recently posted…22 Things I’ve Learned In 22 YearsMy Profile

• Heather@hungryforbalance September 18, 2015, 1:42 pm

I cannot get over that Roasted Harvest Veggie, Curried Avocado & Coconut Rice Bowl! All of my favorite things in one bowl! Thank you for sharing!!
    Heather@hungryforbalance recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 2:48 pm

It’s a great recipe. A little involved with but it is worth it. Let me know if you try it.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes September 18, 2015, 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness, Meredith, you made my day! Thank you so much for sharing my recipes! I love fall foods – they really are so good for carboloading. And I’ve been addicted to Pinterest for 4 years now. I love it for inspiration and new recipes!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Gluten Free Spaghetti Squash and MeatballsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 18, 2015, 2:48 pm

Aw, you’re welcome! Great recipes! I have loved pinterest for years now too, all for the recipes 🙂

• lindsay September 19, 2015, 7:24 am

heck yea! FALL and CARBS go together like PB and jelly. LOVE it. pinning

• Emily September 19, 2015, 5:48 pm

Amanda’s recipes are really super delicious. <3 I tried her baked french toast this morning. Just perfect. 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Stupendous Saturday Summer Photo DumpMy Profile

• Sheena @ Paws and Pavement September 19, 2015, 6:49 pm

This time of year is really good for loading up on healthy carbs. Sweet potato is one of my favorites year round but I love mixing it up with spaghetti squash, pumpkin and butternut squash. Thanks for sharing all the recipes!
    Sheena @ Paws and Pavement recently posted…It’s apple season!My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 20, 2015, 8:28 am

I love adding fruit to pizzas. I like to put apple slices on mine with crispy sage in a brown butter sauce. Swooning.

Eat all the carbs. Hooray.